What Changed in December 2018
To Saturday 1 December 2018
- Entirely new approach to maps for pdf itineraries - they are generated on the user's browser and uploaded (significant rework from previous beta release as getting all asynchronous data ready turned out to be very painful).
- Virtual cruises re-implemented using new maps (two scales rather than map and satellite now)
- Photo browser added to virtual cruises.
- Route maps can be zoomed and panned (addressing issue 519).
→ Release 9.32.3
Sunday 2 December 2018
- Added a link to the Library of Scotland side-by-side map comparisons from the "add a place" page, to help locate the exact location of features (suggested in issue 517).
- Made the weasely "at least" before the count of things like swing bridges configurable by region and removed from the UK. This is issue 513.
- Tweak to CSS for sidebars to support reactive work
- Added buttons to the top of route outputs and itineraries - in fact to anything that has a "banner" rather than a "menu" (could easily make configurable later if this turns out to be excessive). Follows on from Facebook discussion about scrolling down when generating PDFs.
- Fixed bug where map could show you going round Ickneild Port Loop when you really didn't
→ Release 9.32.4
To Thursday 27 December 2018
- New version of upper buttons to avoid problems with last one
- Adding of "floating places" restored:
- Code to support 4 top-level region maps including background generating of boundaries
- New geocoder found and set up
- General improvements and tweaks to the code round here
- Improvements to PDF generation
- "Polyfill" to cope with lack of canvass.toBlob in Edge and similar browsers
- Scaling of maps in PDF if browser width is different
- Dummy image file created so a re-generation doesn't fail on the "mv" command
- Photo upload fixed (pre-release)
- Added a new "refresh" option to cause lots of background regeneration (designated users only)
→ Release 9.32.5
Friday 28 December 2018
- New geocoder used to restore addressing
- Improvements to geocoding functions
- "Add floating place" now working again.
→ Release 9.32.6
Sunday 30 December 2018
- Basic functionality for maps in place finder - that very cool pan and zoom come for free with the library.
- Replace Get_And_Call with JSON_Getter in vcruise.js (part of work on issue 437.
Monday 31 December 2018
- Some polishing around the maps. They work to show the area, but don't have highlights or click to select - that will come.
Tuesday 1 January 2019
- Release to allow me to monitor these extensive JS changes and see what I've broken!
→ Release 9.32.7