What Changed in September, October and November 2018
To Saturday 15 September 2018
- Tile generation from data automated
- Configuration system for tiles etc built
- Tile regeneration when data changed
→ Release 9.31.33
To Sunday 23 September 2018
- Generic map render with places and waterways shown, with pop ups and clicks for gazetteer built.
- Used for both place and waterway gazetteer with appropriate add-ons (place "marker", with move and update functions; waterway has waterway highlighted)
- Auto generation of style files to ensure consistency on style for all places and waterway types
- Build system extended to all 4 regions and tested
- Daily maps for itineraries added
- Options for maps updated to reflect changes
→ Release 9.31.34
To Saturday 6 October 2018
- More work to improve build system, including of Makefile
- Waterway maps fetch geodata files not polylines
I've decided to make this the point at which I formally declare the new maps working and make a new release. There's a lot more still to be done of course, but the underlying infrastructure is there, and the basics of code to support it.
→ Release 9.32 *ADDS* Locally hosted maps
Sunday 7 October 2018
- Restored resizing (was being hidden by the attribution line)
- Added an error trap for JSON parsing to avoid errors on cached data (very long stoppage notices I think)
→ Release 9.32.1
To Sunday 21 October 2018
- Clicking on a marker or waterway opens a new window/tab rather than replacing current one.
- Extensive work to migrate "add place" in all its glory:
- Maps with no canal lines on them for clarity
- Click to add marker, drag to adjust
- Can add marker places
- Can add multiple marker places with auto-ordering
- Can select segment when there are already marker places
- Code tidied up enormously, as well as ported
It's quite possible there is something horribly broken in here. I'll watch it for a bit and may just have to turn it off, but I hope not.
- Fixed discussions about areas and structures appearing in "show all" for discussions [pre-release]
- Added a tweak so changing a place name rebuilds the canalplan mapping tiles
Sunday 27 October 2018
- Pre-release patch to pop up lat/lng to resolve issue 508.
- Implemented furthest place maps in mapbox
→ Release 9.32.2 *ADDS* Full "add new place" functionality
- Direct patches to restore route maps and to fix out-of-date navigational notes for structures appearing.
- Fix to furthest place where new code blew up if no route was possible
→ Release 18.104.22.168
Sunday 4 November 2018
- Entirely new approach to maps for pdf itineraries - they are generated on the user's browser and uploaded.
→ Release 9.32.3 [beta only]
To Saturday 1 December 2018
- Completed the above - needed much more complicated code to ensure all synchronisation works
- Virtual cruises re-implemented using new maps (two scales rather than map and satellite now)
- Photo browser added to virtual cruises.
- Route maps can be zoomed and panned (addressing issue 519).
→ Release 9.32.3