Facilities: water (cans only).
This is a lock with a rise of 4f1.
|Pinkhill Lock||3 miles, 5½ furlongs|
|Pinkhill Lock Weir Entrance||3 miles, 4¾ furlongs|
|Bablock Hythe Ferry||1 mile, 4½ furlongs|
|Moorings above Bablock Hythe Ferry||1 mile, 3¾ furlongs|
|Northmoor Lock Weir Exit||¼ furlongs|
|Northmoor Lock Weir Entrance||¼ furlongs|
|Hart's Weir Footbridge||1 mile, 1 furlong|
|Newbridge||2 miles, 2¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Windrush Junction||2 miles, 2¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Great Brook Junction||4 miles, 5 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Northmoor Lock
Northmoor Lock is a lock on the River Thames in Oxfordshire, England, on the northern bank about a mile from Northmoor.
The lock was built in 1896 by the Thames Conservancy to replace a flash lock at Hart's Weir, also known as Ridge's Weir, about a mile upstream and another at Ark Weir downstream. The lock house, lock and weir are relatively little changed since they were built and they can be viewed as a group from the Thames Path and from the river
The weir is just the other side of the lock island and is one of only two remaining complete paddle and rhymer (or rimer) manually operated weirs. It is thought that there are no other such weirs in the world.
- Whites of Appleton Ltd. Church Bellhangers (Engineering Service)
1368 yards to the east.
- Hart's Weir Footbridge (Bridge)
1718 yards to the southwest.
- Appleton Christmas Barn (Shopping & Retail)
1367 yards to the east.
- The Ferryman Inn (Performance & Event Venue, Public & Government Service)
1467 yards to the northwest.
- Appleton Community Shop (Shopping & Retail, Post Office)
1778 yards to the east.
- Barefoot Campsites (Sports & Recreation)
120 yards to the southeast.
- Rectory Farm B&B and Holiday Cottages (Bed and Breakfast)
1416 yards to the northwest.
- The Plough Inn (British Restaurant)
1409 yards to the southeast.
- Northmoor Village Hall (Public & Government Service, Community Organization)
1448 yards to the northwest.
- The Hogg Show (Event Planner)
1493 yards to the northwest.
- The Red Lion at Northmoor (Pub, British Restaurant)
1473 yards to the northwest.
- Eaton, Oxfordshire (Landmark & Historical Place)
2040 yards to the northeast.
- Homewood Partners (Wholesale & Supply Store)
1362 yards to the southeast.