Ancoats Bottom Lock No 1
Facilities: rubbish disposal and water point.
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Mainline railway stations (5¼ furlongs away)
There is a bridge here which takes pedestrian traffic over the canal.
This is a lock, the rise of which is not known.
|Piccadilly Village Footbridge||1 furlong|
|Piccadilly Village Footbridge Arm||1 furlong|
|Piccadilly Village Arm||1 furlong|
|Piccadilly Village||½ furlongs|
|Great Ancoats Street Bridge No 3||¼ furlongs|
|Ancoats Bottom Lock No 1|
|Junction with Islington Branch (Closed)||½ furlongs|
|Ancoats Lock No 2||½ furlongs|
|Junction with the New Islington Canal Arm||1 furlong|
|Ancoats Top Lock No 3||1¼ furlongs|
|Carruthers Street Bridge No 4||2½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointThe nearest water point is here. Others are at:
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at: Travel to Dukinfield Junction, then on the Peak Forest Canal (Lower) to Marple Junction
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to Ducie Street Junction, then on the Rochdale Canal to Castlefield Junction, then on the Bridgewater Canal (Main Line) to Potato Wharf Arm & The New Basin On this waterway in the direction of Ashton-under-Lyne Junction
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Ducie Street Junction, then on the Rochdale Canal to New Islington Marina
Nearest boatyard pump-out
There is no page on Wikipedia called “Ancoats Bottom Lock”
- The Salisbury Ale House (Arts & Entertainment)
1492 yards to the southwest.
- Jimmy's (Performance & Event Venue)
787 yards to the west.
- Allotment NQ (Gastropub, Bar)
803 yards to the west.
- O2 Ritz Manchester (Live Music Venue)
1580 yards to the southwest.
- Atkinsons Mackie Mayor (Coffee Shop, Shopping & Retail)
1105 yards to the northwest.
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel (Health Spa)
769 yards to the southwest.
- Manchester Metropolitan University - International (Educational Research Center, Exchange Program)
1559 yards to the southwest.
- GRUB (Arts & Entertainment, Market)
586 yards to the south.
- The Pen and Pencil (Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant, Coffee Shop)
622 yards to the west.
- Cottonopolis Food & Liquor (Restaurant)
776 yards to the west.
- Manchester City Football Academy (Sports & Fitness Instruction, College & University)
2270 yards to the east.
- Manchester Victoria station (Transit Stop)
1644 yards to the northwest.
- Manchester Cathedral (Region, Landmark & Historical Place)
1689 yards to the west.
- Manchester Town Hall (Borough, City Hall)
1529 yards to the west.
- Stop Out - Saturdays at Birdcage (Dance & Night Club, Party Entertainment Service)
1455 yards to the northwest.
- I Love Manchester (MediaNews Company)
1542 yards to the west.
- The Principal Manchester (Landmark & Historical Place, Region)
1424 yards to the southwest.
- The Washhouse (Dive Bar, Laundromat)
351 yards to the southwest.
- Northern Quarter, Manchester (Neighborhood)
1079 yards to the northwest.
- Chinatown, Manchester (Travel Service, Grocery Store)
1243 yards to the west.
- TransPennine Express Trains (Transportation Service)
676 yards to the southwest.
- PureGym Manchester Urban Exchange (Personal Trainer)
442 yards to the northwest.
- Manchester Piccadilly Station (Railway Station)
639 yards to the southwest.