Facilities: toilets and water point.
This is a lock with a rise of 2f10.
|Moulsford Railway Bridge||2 miles|
|The Beetle and Wedge Hotel||1 mile, 2¾ furlongs|
|South Stoke||1 mile, 2 furlongs|
|Ye Olde Leatherne Bottle Inn||3 furlongs|
|Cleeve Lock Weir Entrance||¾ furlongs|
|Cleeve Lock Weir Exit No 1||½ furlongs|
|Cleeve Lock Weir Exit No 2||1¼ furlongs|
|Goring Lock Weir Entrance||4½ furlongs|
|Goring Lock||5¼ furlongs|
|Goring and Streatley Bridge||5½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointThe nearest water point is here. Others are at:
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit On this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Cleeve Lock
Cleeve Lock is a lock on the River Thames, in Oxfordshire, England. It is located just upstream of Streatley on the same side of the river. The village of Cleeve is on the opposite bank near Goring .
The first lock was built in 1787 by the Thames Navigation Commissioners. The lock has the smallest fall on the river at 2 ft 3 inches (0.69 m). The reach above it is the longest and the reach below it is the shortest on the non-tidal river.
The weir runs to an island below the lock, and there are further weirs between islands downstream.
- Perch and Pike (Bed and Breakfast, Seafood Restaurant)
1814 yards to the north.
- Bell Inn, Aldworth (Restaurant)
5424 yards to the southwest.
- The Sun Inn at Whitchurch Hill (European Restaurant, British Restaurant)
5459 yards to the southeast.
- Castrol Technology Centre (Real Estate, Interest)
5674 yards to the southeast.
- Beale Park (Wildlife Sanctuary, Charity Organization)
4647 yards to the southeast.
- The National Trust (Statue & Fountain)
4159 yards to the south.
- The Living Rainforest - check-in (Landmark & Historical Place)
8769 yards to the southwest.
- Whitchurch on Thames Park (Arts & Entertainment)
6004 yards to the southeast.
- Pangbourne Canoe Club (Charity Organization, Community Organization)
6783 yards to the southeast.
- Goring And Streatley Golf Club (Sports Club, Performance & Event Venue)
1791 yards to the west.
- LG Equestrian (Sports & Fitness Instruction, Pet Service)
2615 yards to the west.
- Streatley Hill (Clothing Store)
2327 yards to the southwest.
- Woodcote Steam & Vintage Transport Rally (Event)
4828 yards to the east.
- Lardon Chase, the Holies and Lough Down (Interest, Geographical Place)
2335 yards to the southwest.
- Whitchurch Hill (Neighborhood)
5240 yards to the southeast.
- Ashampstead (City)
6566 yards to the southwest.
- Ashdown Motocross Track Oxfordshire, (Motorcycle Dealership, Sports & Recreation)
2806 yards to the northwest.
- River Pang (Arts & Entertainment, Region)
6654 yards to the southeast.
- Motorway M4 (Scandinavian Restaurant, Landmark & Historical Place)
77691 yards to the west.
- London Parachute School (Airport, Education)
3575 yards to the northeast.
- M4 on the way to London (Travel & Transportation)
12343 yards to the southwest.
- Whitchurch Bridge (Landmark & Historical Place, Business Service)
6692 yards to the southeast.
- Gatehampton Railway Bridge (Railway Station)
2546 yards to the south.
- Royal Berkshire Shooting School (Gun Range, Specialty School)
4126 yards to the south.
- Braziers Park (Education, Residence)
4754 yards to the northeast.
- Moulsford Pavilion (Event Planner, Museum)
2590 yards to the northwest.