Lift Bridge No 173
There is a lift bridge here. The bridge is normally left open.
|Stevens Lift Bridge No 176||6½ furlongs|
|Stevens Lift Bridge No 175||4½ furlongs|
|Grant's Lock Bridge No 174||2¾ furlongs|
|Grant's Lock No 30||2¾ furlongs|
|M40 Bridge (Northern Crossing) Bridge No 173A||¾ furlongs|
|Lift Bridge No 173|
|Nadkey Bridge No 172||1¾ furlongs|
|Foxes Lift Bridge No 171||3½ furlongs|
|Haynes Lift Bridge No 170||5 furlongs|
|Bankside Narrows||7¾ furlongs|
|Calthorpe Winding Hole||1 mile, 1½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Lift Bridge
A vertical-lift bridge or just lift bridge is a type of movable bridge in which a span rises vertically while remaining parallel with the deck.
The vertical lift offers several benefits over other movable bridges such as the bascule and swing-span bridge. Generally speaking they cost less to build for longer moveable spans. The counterweights in a vertical lift are only required to be equal to the weight of the deck, whereas bascule bridge counterweights must weigh several times as much as the span being lifted. As a result, heavier materials can be used in the deck, and so this type of bridge is especially suited for heavy railroad use.
Although most vertical-lift bridges use towers, each equipped with counterweights, some use hydraulic jacks located below the deck. An example is the 52-foot (16 m) span bridge at St Paul Avenue in Milwaukee (see also table bridges). Another design used balance beams to lift the deck, with pivoting bascules located on the top of the lift towers. An example of this kind was built at La Salle in Illinois, USA.
The biggest disadvantage to the vertical-lift bridge (in comparison with many other designs) is the height restriction for vessels passing under it. This is a result of the deck remaining suspended above the passageway.
- Beauty by Jasmine (Spa)
1360 yards to the southwest.
- Reboot Injury Clinic (Sports & Recreation)
2189 yards to the northwest.
- Tina B Fitness (Fitness Boot Camp)
1941 yards to the southwest.
- Banbury United F.C. (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue, Recreation Center)
2169 yards to the northwest.
- CrossFit Banbury (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
2184 yards to the northwest.
- MGC Driving School (Professional Service, School)
1751 yards to the northwest.
- Lucys cakes (Cupcake Shop, Food & Beverage Company)
1689 yards to the northwest.
- Simply Paws Grooming (Business Service)
1895 yards to the northwest.
- Critter Sitters (Dog Walker)
1149 yards to the southwest.
- Smart Autos (Professional Service)
2226 yards to the northwest.
- Bee Imaginative Princess Parties & Events (Professional Service, Education)
1229 yards to the southwest.
- Heirloom Antique Restoration (Professional Service)
1528 yards to the southwest.
- Twyford Wharf Narrow Boats (Boat Service)
1629 yards to the southeast.
- EP Fight Lab (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
1440 yards to the southwest.
- Longford Park Coventry (Sports & Fitness Instruction, Environmental Conservation Organization)
50880 yards to the north.
- Cross Country Dogs (Pet Service, Region)
1344 yards to the northwest.
- Grimbold Books (Publisher, AdvertisingMarketing)
1446 yards to the northwest.
- Bannatyne Health Club Banbury (Health Spa, Massage Service)
1360 yards to the southwest.
- Ep Gym (Fitness Venue, Personal Trainer)
2203 yards to the northwest.