Hungerford Marsh Lock No 73
There is a swing bridge here.
This is a lock with a rise of 8f1.
|Station Road Bridge No 83||7¼ furlongs|
|Winding Hole above Station Road Bridge||7 furlongs|
|Hungerford Town Bridge||6¼ furlongs|
|Hungerford Lock No 74||5¼ furlongs|
|Hungerford Church Bridge No 85||3¾ furlongs|
|Hungerford Marsh Lock No 73|
|Cobbler's Lock Footbridge No 87||2¼ furlongs|
|Cobbler's Lock No 72||2½ furlongs|
|Dun Aqueduct||2¾ furlongs|
|Picketfield Footbridge No 88||4¼ furlongs|
|Picketfield Railway Bridge||4¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Northcroft Lane Arm
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Northcroft Lane Arm Travel to Northcroft Lane Arm, then on the River Kennet to Ham Manor Marina On this waterway in the direction of River Avon Junction Travel to Northcroft Lane Arm, then on the River Kennet to Aldermaston Lock No 95
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Northcroft Lane Arm On this waterway in the direction of River Avon Junction
Wikipedia has a page about Hungerford Marsh Lock
Hungerford Marsh Lock is a lock on the Kennet and Avon Canal, at Hungerford, Berkshire, England.
Hungerford Marsh Lock was built between 1718 and 1723 under the supervision of the engineer John Hore of Newbury. The canal is administered by the Canal & River Trust. The lock has a rise/fall of 8 ft 1 in (2.46 m).
This lock is unique compared to others on the Kennet & Avon canal in that it has a swing bridge directly over the centre of the lock that must be opened before the lock may be used.
- The Pelican Inn, Froxfield (Hotel, Restaurant)
2513 yards to the west.
- The Wheatsheaf Chilton Foliat (Farm)
2080 yards to the north.
- Downgate Pub (British Restaurant)
1729 yards to the east.
- Hungerford Badminton Club (Sports & Recreation)
1660 yards to the southeast.
- Hungerford Road Play Park (Parking Garage Lot)
76743 yards to the west.
- The Pink Door (Hair Salon, Business Service)
3847 yards to the south.
- Herongate Consulting Limited (Market Research Consultant, Computer Repair Service)
1681 yards to the east.
- Pwc Plumbing & Heating (Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning Service)
2030 yards to the east.
- The Veterinary Hospital (Hospital)
2105 yards to the east.
- Littlecote Roman Villa (Hotel & Lodging)
3606 yards to the northwest.
- Lower Denford (Residence, City)
2836 yards to the east.
- Redwood House, (Retirement & Assisted Living Facility)
1899 yards to the southeast.
- Sanham Green (City)
2269 yards to the southeast.
- Eddington (City)
3118 yards to the northeast.
- Accomplish Fitness Studio (Pilates Studio, Yoga Studio)
1795 yards to the northeast.
- North Wessex Downs Landscape Trust (Landmark & Historical Place, Charity Organization)
2666 yards to the east.
- Camborne Rugby Club (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue, Bar)
324904 yards to the southwest.
- Hungerford Town F.C. (Amateur Sports Team, Government Organization)
1603 yards to the southeast.
- John O'Gaunt School (Public School, School)
1832 yards to the southeast.
- Littlecote House Hotel - The Leisure Stables (Hotel, Sports & Recreation)
2846 yards to the northwest.