There is a bridge here which takes a minor road over the canal.
|Day's Lock Weir Exit||2 miles, 3½ furlongs|
|Little Wittenham Bridge||2 miles, 3 furlongs|
|Little Wittenham Cut||2 miles, 2 furlongs|
|Thames - Thame Junction||1 mile, 4¼ furlongs|
|Shillingford Bridge Hotel||¼ furlongs|
|Benson Hire Boats Yard||1 mile, 1¼ furlongs|
|Benson Lock Weir Entrance||1 mile, 2½ furlongs|
|Benson Lock||1 mile, 3½ furlongs|
|Benson Lock Weir Exit||1 mile, 4½ furlongs|
|Wallingford Bridge||2 miles, 5¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge On this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Shillingford Bridge
Shillingford Bridge is Grade II* listed road bridge near Shillingford, Oxfordshire, carrying an unclassified road (formerly the A329 road) across the River Thames in England on the reach above Benson Lock. The bridge provides access between Shillingford to the north of the river and Wallingford to the south. Originally the south side was in Berkshire but was transferred from Berkshire to Oxfordshire in 1974. The bridge is single track and vehicular passage is controlled by traffic lights.
There are records which suggest the presence of a bridge on the site in the 14th century but this structure was short-lived and crossing was made by ferry from at least 1379 until a timber bridge was built in 1767. The present stone structure dates from 1827. A toll was payable on both the ferry and the subsequent bridges until 1874 when the County Councils of Berkshire and Oxfordshire joined to buy the bridge from its private trustees and scrapped the charges.
- The Six Bells Warborough (British Restaurant, Gastropub)
1651 yards to the north.
- Red Lion (Photography Videography)
2269 yards to the southwest.
- Home Sweet Home Inn (Gastropub, British Restaurant)
3758 yards to the northeast.
- The Dolphin (British Restaurant, Gastropub)
3161 yards to the south.
- Waterfront Cafe (Tea Room, Hotel & Lodging)
1916 yards to the east.
- The Old Post Office, Wallingford (Pub, Mediterranean Restaurant)
3139 yards to the south.
- Chalgrove Airfield (Government Building, Region)
7578 yards to the northeast.
- Howbery Park (Park, Sports & Recreation)
2943 yards to the southeast.
- H-Cafe Berinsfield (Restaurant)
5013 yards to the northwest.
- Wallingford Riverside Park (Just For Fun)
3384 yards to the southeast.
- Oxford Aqua Park (Park)
4159 yards to the northwest.
- Rowes Honey (Wholesale & Supply Store, Commercial & Industrial)
2907 yards to the south.
- Island Farm Donkey Sanctuary (Animal Shelter, Nonprofit Organization)
3046 yards to the southwest.
- Orchid Lakes (Fishing Spot, Sports Team)
4704 yards to the northwest.
- Dorchester Abbey (Landmark & Historical Place, Religious Center)
3028 yards to the northwest.
- Crowmarsh Gifford Recreation Ground (Playground)
3415 yards to the southeast.
- Shillingford Bridge (Bridge, Hotel & Lodging)
5 yards to the north.
- River Thame (Park, City)
1365 yards to the northwest.
- Wittenham Clumps (Geographical Place, Historical Place)
3224 yards to the west.
- Wallingford Castle (Interest, Park)
2877 yards to the southeast.
- Benson Lock (Sports & Recreation)
1918 yards to the southeast.
- Day's Lock (Interest, Sports & Recreation)
3450 yards to the northwest.
- Bean & Brew (Coffee Shop, Tea Room)
3070 yards to the south.
- Chrissy's Country Kitchen (Coffee Shop)
2455 yards to the east.
- Ribizli (Cafe)
3222 yards to the south.
- McDonalds Benson (Fast Food Restaurant, American Restaurant)
1638 yards to the east.
- AV Boats Ltd. (Sports & Recreation, Boat Service)
1902 yards to the east.
- Dorchester on Thames, Oxfordshire (City, Community Organization)
5089 yards to the northwest.
- Residence Maroc (Retirement & Assisted Living Facility)
3306 yards to the south.
- Wallingford School (Public & Government Service)
2444 yards to the south.
- Shillingford Bridge Hotel (Hotel, Event Planner)
68 yards to the south.