Botley Road (A420)
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Halfords car and outdoor shops (2¼ furlongs away)
There is a bridge here which takes a major road over the canal.
|River Thames (above Oxford)|
|Thames - Seacourt Stream Junction||¾ furlongs|
|Sheepwash Channel Junction||¾ furlongs|
|Medley Footbridge||7 furlongs|
|Bossoms Boat Yard||7¼ furlongs|
|Port Meadow||1 mile, 4 furlongs|
|River Thames (below Oxford)|
|East Street (Oxford) moorings||½ furlongs|
|Osney Mill Marina||1 furlong|
|Osney Lock Weir Entrance||1½ furlongs|
|Osney Lock||2 furlongs|
|Osney Lock Weir Exit||2¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some (go to "Edit and Change" on the menu and select "Edit websites")?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn the River Thames (above Oxford) in the direction of Thames - Thames and Severn Canal - Coln Junction Travel to Sheepwash Channel Junction, then on the River Thames (Sheepwash Channel) to Isis Lock Junction, then on the Oxford Canal (Southern Section - Main Line) to Thrupp Cruising Club On the River Thames (below Oxford) in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
Wikipedia has a page about Osney Bridge
Osney Bridge is a road bridge across the River Thames in Oxford, England, built in 1889 to replace a stone bridge which collapsed in 1885. It carries the Botley Road (A420) from Botley into Oxford. The Thames Path crosses the river on this bridge, just above Osney Lock.
The original bridge was probably built by the monks of Osney Abbey, to carry the main road across the millstream of Osney Mill west from the island then known as Osney. By the early 17th century it was a three arch stone construction. In 1790 the millstream became the main navigation channel of the river, and the bridge became a serious obstruction to navigation by the mid 19th century. In 1885 the central arch collapsed leaving massive piers
Osney Bridge has the lowest headroom of any across the navigable Thames, and as such limits the size of boats that can travel past it without having to be removed from the water and placed upstream of the bridge.
- The One (Cantonese Restaurant)
85 yards to the east.
- High Street, Oxford (Street, Neighborhood)
1546 yards to the east.
- Paul Patisêrie Oxford (Bakery)
1157 yards to the east.
- ATIK Oxford (Pub)
558 yards to the east.
- Oriel College (School)
1432 yards to the east.
- Jesus College (School, Arts & Entertainment)
1177 yards to the east.
- Keble College (School, Library)
1358 yards to the northeast.
- Queen’s College (Fast Food Restaurant, School)
1635 yards to the east.
- Trinity College (Oxford) (Museum)
1222 yards to the east.
- Oxford railway station (City)
226 yards to the northeast.
- Oxford Town Hall (Landmark & Historical Place, Performance & Event Venue)
1158 yards to the east.
- Oxford Leadership (Management Service, Professional Service)
670 yards to the east.
- The Porterhouse Oxford (Bar)
166 yards to the southeast.
- The Eagle and Child (Pub)
1083 yards to the northeast.
- Oxford Rewley Road railway station (Region, Subway Station)
223 yards to the northeast.
- Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford (School)
1228 yards to the northeast.
- Kathedrale von Oxford (Tour Agency, Landmark & Historical Place)
1376 yards to the east.
- Carfax Tower (Neighborhood, Street)
1084 yards to the east.
- Bridge of Sighs (Oxford) (Bridge, City)
1435 yards to the east.
- Jericho (Oxford) (Residence, Region)
970 yards to the north.
- Sheldonian Theatre (Movie Theater, Museum)
1334 yards to the east.
- All Souls College (School, College & University)
1471 yards to the east.
- Corpus Christi College (College & University, School)
1445 yards to the east.
- Bodleian Libraries (College & University)
1382 yards to the east.
- Radcliffe Camera (Landmark & Historical Place)
1407 yards to the east.
- Christ Church Meadow, Oxford (Historical Place, Region)
1439 yards to the east.
- The Oxford Union (College & University)
988 yards to the east.