Mooring here is ok (a perfectly adequate mooring) , no information available. There are a few mooring spots upstream of this lock, shallow ones are close by but 2 or 3 better ones on the RHS a few 100yds further on.
Facilities: chemical toilet disposal and rubbish disposal.
This is a lock with a rise of 4f3.
|Clifton Lock Weir Exit No 2||3 miles, 4 furlongs|
|Moorings above Clifton Hampden Bridge||3 miles, 1¾ furlongs|
|Clifton Hampden Bridge||2 miles, 7½ furlongs|
|Moorings above Day's Lock||2 furlongs|
|Day's Lock Weir Entrance||1½ furlongs|
|Day's Lock Weir Exit||¼ furlongs|
|Little Wittenham Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Little Wittenham Cut||1¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Thame Junction||7½ furlongs|
|Shillingford Bridge Hotel||2 miles, 3½ furlongs|
A map will be shown here if you are logged on
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some (go to "Edit and Change" on the menu and select "Edit websites")?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
Nearest chemical toilet disposalThe nearest chemical toilet disposal is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge On this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Day's Lock
Day's Lock is a lock on the River Thames near Dorchester-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, England on the Dorchester side of the river.
The pound lock was built in 1789 by the Thames Navigation Commissioner. The lock is across the river from the small village of Little Wittenham and is overlooked from the south by the hills of Wittenham Clumps, with a particularly good view from Round Hill.
The weir runs straight across the river from the other side of the lock island.
Day's Lock is the main gauging station for the measurement of the water flow in the River Thames.
The Thames Path crosses the river here.
The World Poohsticks Championships, on behalf of the RNLI, have taken place annually here since 1983.
- Sylva Foundation (Organization)
353 yards to the southwest.
- Lily's Tea Room (British Restaurant)
1281 yards to the northeast.
- Day's Lock (Sports & Recreation, Hotel)
19 yards to the northeast.
- Dorchester Abbey (Performance & Event Venue, Convent & Monastery)
1301 yards to the northeast.
- Wittenham Clumps (Historical Place, Geographical Place)
977 yards to the south.
- Chris Gurney Consulting Ltd (Local Service)
1585 yards to the northeast.
- World Poohsticks Championships (Landmark & Historical Place)
45 yards to the west.
- Claire Andersson - Delicious Dinners (Caterer)
1288 yards to the northeast.
- The Fleur de Lys (British Restaurant, Pub)
1215 yards to the northeast.
- George Hotel Dorchester on Thames (Beer Bar)
1240 yards to the northeast.
- Edian Technical Services Limited (Water Heater Installation & Repair Service)
1374 yards to the northeast.
- The Fairy Dustmothers (Cleaning Service)
1588 yards to the northeast.
- Fiona Taylor (Video Game Store, Farm)
1434 yards to the northeast.
- Little Wittenham Bridge (Landmark & Historical Place)
105 yards to the south.
- Dorchester on Thames Village Hall (Community Organization)
1356 yards to the northeast.
- The White Hart Hotel, Dorchester on Thames (Restaurant, Pub)
1275 yards to the northeast.
- J.A. BRAKSPEAR PLUMBING & HEATING LIMITED (Contractor)
1181 yards to the northeast.
- Earth Trust (Charity Organization, Organization)
1280 yards to the southwest.
- Clear Sky Children's Charity (Charity Organization, Other)
868 yards to the southwest.