Facilities: water point.
This is a lock with a rise of 4f0.
|Penton Hook Lock||1 mile, 7¼ furlongs|
|Penton Hook Lock Weir Exit||1 mile, 6½ furlongs|
|Intake Channel to the Queen Mary Reservoir||1 mile, 5 furlongs|
|Chertsey Bridge (Motorway)||1¾ furlongs|
|Chertsey Lock Weir Entrance||1 furlong|
|Chertsey Lock Weir Exit||½ furlongs|
|Chertsey Bridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Bates Wharf Marina||2¼ furlongs|
|Pharaoh's Island||1 mile, 5½ furlongs|
|Thames Court||1 mile, 6½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some (go to "Edit and Change" on the menu and select "Edit websites")?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointThe nearest water point is here. Others are at:
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to D'Oyly Carte Island Footbridge, then on the River Thames (Desborough Cut) to Thames Meadow, then on the River Thames (below Oxford) to Molesey Lock On this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge Travel to D'Oyly Carte Island Footbridge, then on the River Thames (Desborough Cut) to Thames Meadow, then on the River Thames (below Oxford) to Teddington Lock Weir Exit, then on the River Thames (tidal section) to Thames - Grand Union Canal Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Grand Junction Canal - Main Line - Gayton to Brentford) to Brentford Visitor Moorings Travel to Thames - Wey Junction, then on the River Wey Navigation to Woodham Junction, then on the Basingstoke Canal to Canal Centre Swing Bridge Travel to Thames - Wey Junction, then on the River Wey Navigation to Woodham Junction, then on the Basingstoke Canal to Mytchett Bridge
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Chertsey Lock
Chertsey Lock is a lock on the River Thames in England, against the left bank, an area of Green Belt including Laleham Park, the largest public park in Spelthorne. It faces the town of Chertsey and is the fifth-lowest of the forty-four locks along the non-tidal course of the river. Owing to a course alteration both banks at the site of the lock have been since medieval times in Surrey. Stone-built Chertsey Bridge built in 1785 is 210 m south (downstream) of the lock. The lock was built by the City of London Corporation in 1813, lengthened in 1893 and again in 1913.
The lock adjoins a small thin island created in its building accessible by boat that connects Chertsey Weir.
- Snow+Rock Chertsey (Sports & Recreation, Bicycle Shop)
903 yards to the southwest.
- The Boat House (Pub)
243 yards to the southwest.
- The Boathouse at The Bridge Hotel (Hotel, Beer Garden)
236 yards to the southwest.
- Prince Regent (Restaurant)
1334 yards to the west.
- M3 Chertsey Bridge (Highway, Travel & Transportation)
409 yards to the north.
- Chertsey Camping and Caravanning Club Site (RV Park, Mobile Home Park)
188 yards to the west.
- Paxmead Riverside Base (Sports & Recreation)
1319 yards to the east.
- The Hub Coffee House (Restaurant, Sports & Recreation)
1218 yards to the southwest.
- ssnr club (Country Club Clubhouse, Arts & Entertainment)
1468 yards to the west.
- Laleham Park (Landmark & Historical Place)
1032 yards to the north.
- Victory Park (Event)
1584 yards to the south.
- Littleton Sailing Club (Sports Club)
1055 yards to the northeast.
- Bengal Dynasty (Asian Fusion Restaurant)
1410 yards to the west.
- Club DanceFit With Dede (Dance Studio, Weight Loss Center)
1370 yards to the south.
- The Kingfisher (British Restaurant)
221 yards to the south.
- St Peter's Church, Chertsey (Christian Church, Anglican Church)
1352 yards to the west.
- Abbey Rangers F.C. (Sports Club, Sports Team)
1097 yards to the south.
- Chertsey Meads Marine Boatyard (Sports & Recreation, Boat Rental)
619 yards to the southeast.
- Bates Wharf (Marina, Boat Dealership)
536 yards to the south.
- The Bridge Hotel Chertsey (Hotel Resort)
249 yards to the southwest.
- Ohanas Café Bistro (Coffee Shop, Wine Bar)
1350 yards to the west.
- The Chertsey Show (Agriculture Company, Pet)
976 yards to the south.
- Chertsey Lock (Landmark & Historical Place)
5 yards to the southeast.
- Field of Freedom - private dog walking field, for hire by the hour (Sports & Recreation)
252 yards to the southeast.
- Crown Hotel (Pub, Restaurant)
1276 yards to the west.
- The Olde Swan Hotel Chertsey (Pub)
1450 yards to the west.
- The car kitchen (Automotive Repair Shop)
276 yards to the southeast.
- Surrey Canoe Club (Nonprofit Organization, Sports & Fitness Instruction)
455 yards to the north.
- RiverBourne Club (Beauty, Cosmetic & Personal Care)
1479 yards to the west.
- Laleham summer beach event (Arts & Entertainment, Landmark & Historical Place)
1066 yards to the north.
- Fitness Space Chertsey (Coach)
1312 yards to the west.