Wash Road (A1101)
There is a bridge here which takes a minor road over the canal.
|Salter's Lode Junction||6 miles, 3¼ furlongs|
|Great Ouse - Old Bedford River Junction||6 miles, 2¾ furlongs|
|Denver Junction||6 miles, ¼ furlongs|
|Welmore Sluice||4 miles, 2½ furlongs|
|Welney Nature Reserve Footbridge||1 mile, 2¾ furlongs|
|Manea Railway Bridge||3 miles, 2½ furlongs|
|Oxlode||5 miles, ¾ furlongs|
|Mepal Bridge||9 miles, 1½ furlongs|
|Mepal Bypass Bridge||9 miles, 3½ furlongs|
|Sutton Bridge||10 miles, 3½ furlongs|
Copyright: Derek Stanley
Taken: date unknown
This is the road bridge at Welney. If you zoom in you can see the high water mark on the bridge quite clearly. It gives an idea of how little headroom there can be when coming from the other direction if you arrive at high tide. It also illustrates how the inner banks would be covered by water at high tide. The water surface at that time extends to the flood banks further out. It is extremely important to keep to the centre of the channel to avoid the risk of running aground (and being stranded as the water level drops so rapidly after high tide)
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Earith Junction, then on the River Great Ouse (Tidal section) to Westview Marina
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
chemical toilet disposal
There is no page on Wikipedia called “Welney Bridge”
- The Golden Lion, Stonea (Family Style Restaurant, British Restaurant)
8202 yards to the west.
- The Crown Inn (Arts & Entertainment, Gastropub)
7427 yards to the southeast.
- WWT Welney (Nature Preserve)
1938 yards to the northeast.
- DEM Sports Ltd (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
3457 yards to the northwest.
- Manea Meat & Eat (Butcher Shop, Coffee Shop)
7139 yards to the southwest.
- Habis (Tapas Bar & Restaurant)
7454 yards to the southeast.
- Pymoor Cricket and Social Club. (Arts & Entertainment)
8068 yards to the southwest.
- Welney Wetland Centre (Museum, Landmark & Historical Place)
2421 yards to the northeast.
- St George's Medical Centre (Family Medicine Practice)
7246 yards to the southeast.
- King's Barber Littleport (Hair Salon)
7487 yards to the southeast.
- St George's Church, Tyldesley (Christian Church, Anglican Church)
233893 yards to the northwest.
- Ely Eventing Centre (Event)
8062 yards to the south.
- Lakesend Guest House (Hotel)
316588 yards to the northwest.
- Manea railway station (Transit Stop)
6318 yards to the west.
- Ely railway station (Transit Stop, City)
14748 yards to the south.
- WWT Welney Wetland Centre (Environmental Conservation Organization, Coffee Shop)
2187 yards to the northeast.
- Stonea (Locality, Arts & Entertainment)
8411 yards to the west.
- Pymoor (Region, City)
7701 yards to the southwest.
- Skylark Maize Maze & Funyard (Arts & Entertainment, Playground)
10935 yards to the west.
- Lode Hall Country Park (Real Estate, Park)
6860 yards to the north.
- Slimming World Littleport with Sharon (Beauty, Cosmetic & Personal Care)
6660 yards to the southeast.
- Little Downham Village Hall (Community Organization, Government Building)
8152 yards to the southwest.
- Caves Farm Barns (Business Service, Business Service)
3387 yards to the east.
- Lode Hall Holiday Park (RV Park)
6956 yards to the north.
- One Stop (Gas Station)
6515 yards to the south.
- Christchurch Sports Field (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
6556 yards to the northwest.
- Littleport Leisure Centre (Community Center, Charity Organization)
6654 yards to the southeast.