The place is a Wharf.
You can wind here.
|Guide Bridge Bridge No 25||1 mile, 1½ furlongs|
|Guide Bridge No 26||1 mile|
|Jeremy Brook Footbridge No 27||5¾ furlongs|
|Site of Factory Bridge No 27A||4¾ furlongs|
|Walk Mill Bridge No 28||2½ furlongs|
|Portland Street Footbridge No 29||¼ furlongs|
|Cavendish Street Bridge No 30||1½ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (West end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (East end)||2½ furlongs|
|Ashton-under-Lyne Railway Viaduct No 32||3 furlongs|
|Peak Forest Canal (Lower)|
|Portland Basin Stone Bridge||a few yards|
|Portland Basin Aqueduct||¼ furlongs|
|Portland Basin Arm||½ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Railway Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Lift Bridge No 1||2¾ furlongs|
A map will be shown here if you are logged on
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some (go to "Edit and Change" on the menu and select "Edit websites")?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn the Ashton Canal in the direction of Ducie Street Junction
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn the Ashton Canal in the direction of Ducie Street Junction
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Ducie Street Junction, then on the Rochdale Canal to New Islington Marina
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Dukinfield Junction
Dukinfield Junction (grid reference SJ933984) is the name of the canal junction where the Peak Forest Canal, the Ashton Canal and the Huddersfield Narrow Canal meet near Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, England. The area has been designated by Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council as a conservation area.
It is adjacent to Portland Basin, and the names are often used as synonyms by boaters, whilst locals refer only to Portland Basin. Strictly speaking, Portland Basin is the wide area on the main line of the canal. The arm under the junction bridge and the aqueduct over the River Tame were built by the Ashton Canal, and the junction with the Peak Forest canal was historically at the southern end of the aqueduct.
- Lillys patisserie and bistro (Bar & Grill, Bar)
600 yards to the northeast.
- Manchester and District Institute of Iyengar Yoga (MDIIY) (Community Organization, Nonprofit Organization)
849 yards to the southeast.
- Vitamin-Shop Ashton under Lyne (Health Food Store, Vitamin Supplement Shop)
694 yards to the northeast.
- Jump Depot (Playground, Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
1635 yards to the northeast.
- Dukinfield Junction (City, Art Museum)
3 yards to the north.
- Salon fifty (Barber Shop, Nail Salon)
616 yards to the north.
- Al Noor Cafe & Sweet Centre (Caterer, Dessert Shop)
1141 yards to the northeast.
- Latin Steps Dance Company (Dance & Night Club)
862 yards to the north.
- Tameside Council (Locality)
1018 yards to the northeast.
- IKEA (Big Box Retailer)
967 yards to the north.
- The Service Station (Hair Salon)
706 yards to the northeast.
- Guide Bridge railway station (Transit Stop)
1367 yards to the southwest.
- Ashton-under-Lyne railway station (Transit Stop)
1130 yards to the north.
- PP'S Tattoo Studio (Arts & Entertainment)
608 yards to the northeast.
- The Witchwood (Dance & Night Club, Pub)
465 yards to the north.
- Emergency Exit Escape Games (Just For Fun)
921 yards to the northeast.
- Tameside Radio (Radio Station, Broadcasting & Media Production Company)
234 yards to the northeast.
- Strawberry Angels Casting & Modelling Agency (Other)
641 yards to the northeast.
- Medipro Aesthetics (Medical Company, Makeup Artist)
643 yards to the north.
- Audenshaw (Arts & Entertainment)
1352 yards to the southwest.
- Sophia's sweet little things -Handmade With Love (Gift Shop, Baby & Children's Clothing Store)
880 yards to the northeast.
- Antonina Beauty (Hair Salon, Physical Therapist)
614 yards to the northeast.
- 360 Fitness (Personal Trainer)
1544 yards to the east.