The place is a Wharf.
You can wind here.
|Guide Bridge Bridge No 25||1 mile, 1½ furlongs|
|Guide Bridge No 26||1 mile|
|Jeremy Brook Footbridge No 27||5¾ furlongs|
|Site of Factory Bridge No 27A||4¾ furlongs|
|Walk Mill Bridge No 28||2½ furlongs|
|Portland Street Footbridge No 29||¼ furlongs|
|Cavendish Street Bridge No 30||1½ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (West end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (East end)||2½ furlongs|
|Ashton-under-Lyne Railway Viaduct No 32||3 furlongs|
|Peak Forest Canal (Lower)|
|Portland Basin Stone Bridge||a few yards|
|Portland Basin Aqueduct||¼ furlongs|
|Portland Basin Arm||½ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Railway Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Lift Bridge No 1||2¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn the Ashton Canal in the direction of Ducie Street Junction
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn the Ashton Canal in the direction of Ducie Street Junction
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Ducie Street Junction, then on the Rochdale Canal to New Islington Marina
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Dukinfield Junction
Dukinfield Junction (grid reference SJ933984) is the name of the canal junction where the Peak Forest Canal, the Ashton Canal and the Huddersfield Narrow Canal meet near Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, England. The area has been designated by Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council as a conservation area.
It is adjacent to Portland Basin, and the names are often used as synonyms by boaters, whilst locals refer only to Portland Basin. Strictly speaking, Portland Basin is the wide area on the main line of the canal. The arm under the junction bridge and the aqueduct over the River Tame were built by the Ashton Canal, and the junction with the Peak Forest canal was historically at the southern end of the aqueduct.
- Village Hotel, Victory Pub (Bar & Grill, Hotel)
1144 yards to the northwest.
- The Station Hotel, Ashton Under Lyne (Live Music Venue)
732 yards to the northeast.
- The Witchwood (Live Music Venue, Dance & Night Club)
465 yards to the north.
- Bella Italia Ashton under Lyne (Italian Restaurant, Family Style Restaurant)
1152 yards to the northwest.
- Anfield Cemetery (Landmark & Historical Place, Region)
62356 yards to the west.
- Dukinfield Junction (City, Art Museum)
3 yards to the north.
- The Service Station (Barber Shop)
706 yards to the northeast.
- Tameside Reporter (Professional Service)
226 yards to the northeast.
- Latin Steps Dance Company (Dance & Night Club)
862 yards to the north.
- Asda (Supermarket)
451 yards to the northeast.
- Guide Bridge railway station (Train Station)
1367 yards to the southwest.
- Tameside Council (Locality)
1018 yards to the northeast.
- Salon fifty (Hair Salon, Nail Salon)
616 yards to the north.
- Ashton Cricket Club (Sports Club, Sports & Recreation Venue)
1317 yards to the northwest.
- RLVision (Escape Game Room)
921 yards to the northeast.
- Pizzeria Pinocchio (Pizza Place)
516 yards to the north.
- Portland Museum (Museum)
294 yards to the north.
- Sincerely Yours Cards and Balloons (Party Entertainment Service)
865 yards to the northeast.
- VILLAGE Ashton-Leisure Club (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
1142 yards to the northwest.
- Black Kraken Tattoo .Co (Art Gallery)
1023 yards to the northeast.
- Emergency Exit Escape Games (Escape Game Room)
921 yards to the northeast.
- Vitamin-Shop Ashton under Lyne (Health Food Store, VitaminsSupplements)
694 yards to the northeast.
- Battleball limited (Paintball Center, Party Entertainment Service)
378 yards to the southwest.
- Tameside Radio (Broadcasting & Media Production Company, Radio Station)
234 yards to the northeast.
- Tameside Ecigs (Coffee Shop, Medical & Health)
406 yards to the north.
- Love Our Child Nursery & Preschool (Specialty School)
732 yards to the north.
- Fake Your Natural Beauty LTD (HealthBeauty, Cosmetics Store)
988 yards to the northeast.
- Ashton Canal (City, Sports & Recreation)
31 yards to the northwest.
- Hair & Beauty Salon Marie Antoinette (Hair Salon, Physical Therapist)
611 yards to the northeast.
- Audenshaw (Arts & Entertainment)
1352 yards to the southwest.
- Weymouth Villa Function Suite at Dukinfield Masonic Hall (Wedding Planning Service, Bartending Service)
826 yards to the east.