Bow Locks No 20
This is a lock, the rise of which is not known.
A map will be shown here if you are logged on
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some (go to "Edit and Change" on the menu and select "Edit websites")?
Wikipedia has a page about Bow Locks
Bow Locks (grid reference TQ383824) (No20) is a set of bi-directional locks in Bromley-by-Bow and South Bromley in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. The locks link the tidal Bow Creek to the River Lee Navigation, which is a canalised river. These locks were first built in 1850 and then rebuilt in 1930, at the same time as the Prescott Channel was cut nearby. At high tide, the tide from Bow Creek formerly flowed through Bow Locks, to raise the level of the canals, such as the Limehouse Cut. In 2000, these locks were modified to keep the tide out, to reduce silting in the canal system.
- ROKA club (Party Entertainment Service, Bar)
530 yards to the north.
- Sterling De Vere Sales & Lettings (Professional Service)
1110 yards to the southwest.
- Ray Clarke Upholstery & Design (Textile Company)
953 yards to the west.
- StarLane Pizza Bar (Pizza Place, Live Music Venue)
815 yards to the east.
- Islamic Design House (Women's Clothing Store)
898 yards to the southwest.
- East end vintage clothing store (Vintage Store, Thrift & Consignment Store)
1569 yards to the west.
- Bar Salento (Pub, Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant)
1598 yards to the south.
- Bow Church (Religious Organization, Landmark & Historical Place)
956 yards to the northwest.
- Bow Quarter (Landmark & Historical Place, Region)
1438 yards to the northwest.
- NTV Europe (MovieTelevision Studio, Arts & Entertainment)
907 yards to the southwest.
- Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent (Food & Beverage)
1060 yards to the southeast.
- SBOC Cosplay (Brand)
237 yards to the northwest.
- Dentaprime F3T (Hospital)
1514 yards to the north.
- Impression events venue (Wedding Planning Service, Wedding Venue)
1160 yards to the east.
- Tower Hamlets Council (Government Organization, Arts & Entertainment)
1596 yards to the south.
- Coffee Hit (Appliances, Commercial & Industrial Equipment Supplier)
350 yards to the east.
- Samson Plab Academy (Test Preparation Center, School)
1100 yards to the northwest.