Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal, showers, toilets and water point.
The place is a Temporary Moorings.
You can wind here.
|Lancaster Canal (Northern Reaches - in water)|
|Lark Bridge No 140||3¾ furlongs|
|Tewitfield Lock No 5||3¼ furlongs|
|Tewitfield Lock No 6||2½ furlongs|
|Tewitfield Lock No 7||1¾ furlongs|
|Tewitfield Bottom Lock No 8||¾ furlongs|
|Tewitfield Culvert No 139||¼ furlongs|
|Lancaster Canal (Main Line)|
|Tewitfield Marina||¾ furlongs|
|Tewitfield Old Turnpike Bridge No 138||1½ furlongs|
|Taylors Bridge No 137||3¾ furlongs|
|Sander's Bridge No 136||4½ furlongs|
|Borwick Hall Bridge No 135||5½ furlongs|
A map will be shown here if you are logged on
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some (go to "Edit and Change" on the menu and select "Edit websites")?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointThe nearest water point is here. Others are at: On the Lancaster Canal (Main Line) in the direction of Preston Terminus On the Lancaster Canal (Main Line) in the direction of Preston Terminus
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at: On the Lancaster Canal (Main Line) in the direction of Preston Terminus On the Lancaster Canal (Main Line) in the direction of Preston Terminus
Nearest chemical toilet disposalThe nearest chemical toilet disposal is here. Others are at:
Nearest place to turn
Nearest boatyard pump-outOn the Lancaster Canal (Main Line) in the direction of Preston Terminus
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Tewitfield
Tewitfield is a Hamlet in Lancashire, England, near Borwick and Carnforth, and in the parish of Priest Hutton.
Tewitfield Locks is the current terminus of the navigable Lancaster Canal. The Lancaster Canal Trust, the Northern Reaches Restoration Group and others are campaigning for the re-opening of the Canal to its original terminus at Kendal, Cumbria. This would involve, among other things, refurbishing the seven locks situated just north of the Hamlet, which at present are without gates and functioning only as weirs.
- Tammi Upton Hairdressing & Beauty Ltd. (Hair Extensions Service, Makeup Artist)
328 yards to the northeast.
- The Cheesecake Emporium (Shopping & Retail, Grocery Store)
80 yards to the west.
- Greenlands Farm Village (Playground, Cafe)
457 yards to the northeast.
- Waters Edge - Carnforth (Family Style Restaurant)
1063 yards to the southwest.
- CN Watersports (Sports & Recreation, Party Entertainment Service)
1325 yards to the southwest.
- Lakeland Lodges (Lodge, Cabin)
1016 yards to the south.
- Twin Lakes Country Club (Real Estate Investment Firm, Real Estate Company)
79 yards to the west.
- Luxurious lake view cabin in south Lakeland (Cabin, Real Estate)
1035 yards to the south.
- Haven Lakeland Lodge (Lodge)
874 yards to the southeast.
- Carnforth Pet Care - Veterinary Centre (Pet Supplies)
369 yards to the northeast.
- Priest Hutton (Landmark & Historical Place)
1322 yards to the east.
- Photography by Laura Louise Cream - LLCreamPhotography (Baby GoodsKids Goods, Professional Service)
1159 yards to the southeast.
- Clear Water Fisheries - Carnforth (Cafe, Sports & Recreation)
1395 yards to the south.
- Wellies Cafe (Coffee Shop)
168 yards to the northeast.
- Catch 23 Cafe & Restaurant at Borwick Fisheries (Coffee Shop)
1398 yards to the south.
- Northern Archery (Sports & Fitness Instruction, Shopping & Retail)
430 yards to the northeast.
- The Hiding Place (Spa)
902 yards to the south.
- Longlands Inn & Restaurant (Beer Bar, British Restaurant)
47 yards to the east.
- Longlands (Food & Beverage)
155 yards to the northeast.
- 27 Silverdale South Lakes Cumbria Lake District (Vacation Home Rental)
1179 yards to the southwest.
- Warton Cricket Club (Sports & Recreation Venue, Community Service)
1222 yards to the southwest.
- Pure Leisure Gym (Sports & Fitness Instruction)
1094 yards to the southwest.