Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal, showers, toilets and water point.
The place is a Temporary Moorings.
You can wind here.
|Lancaster Canal (Northern Reaches - in water)|
|Lark Bridge No 140||3¾ furlongs|
|Tewitfield Lock No 5||3¼ furlongs|
|Tewitfield Lock No 6||2½ furlongs|
|Tewitfield Lock No 7||1¾ furlongs|
|Tewitfield Bottom Lock No 8||¾ furlongs|
|Tewitfield Culvert No 139||¼ furlongs|
|Lancaster Canal (Main Line)|
|Tewitfield Marina||¾ furlongs|
|Tewitfield Old Turnpike Bridge No 138||1½ furlongs|
|Taylors Bridge No 137||3¾ furlongs|
|Sander's Bridge No 136||4½ furlongs|
|Borwick Hall Bridge No 135||5½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some (go to "Edit and Change" on the menu and select "Edit websites")?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointThe nearest water point is here. Others are at: On the Lancaster Canal (Main Line) in the direction of Preston Terminus On the Lancaster Canal (Main Line) in the direction of Preston Terminus
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at: On the Lancaster Canal (Main Line) in the direction of Preston Terminus On the Lancaster Canal (Main Line) in the direction of Preston Terminus
Nearest chemical toilet disposalThe nearest chemical toilet disposal is here. Others are at:
Nearest place to turn
Nearest boatyard pump-outOn the Lancaster Canal (Main Line) in the direction of Preston Terminus
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Tewitfield
Tewitfield is a Hamlet in Lancashire, England, near Borwick and Carnforth, and in the parish of Priest Hutton.
Tewitfield Locks is the current terminus of the navigable Lancaster Canal. The Lancaster Canal Trust, the Northern Reaches Restoration Group and others are campaigning for the re-opening of the Canal to its original terminus at Kendal, Cumbria. This would involve, among other things, refurbishing the seven locks situated just north of the Hamlet, which at present are without gates and functioning only as weirs.
- Wellies Cafe (Restaurant)
168 yards to the northeast.
- Borwick Lakes (Vacation Home Rental)
694 yards to the south.
- Fawcett's Country Sports Limited (Sporting Goods Store)
347 yards to the northeast.
- Borwick Fishing, Jimmys Lake (Fishing Store)
1599 yards to the south.
- The Cheesecake Emporium (Shopping & Retail, Grocery Store)
80 yards to the west.
- Greenlands Farm Village (Playground, Cafe)
457 yards to the northeast.
- Waters Edge - Carnforth (Family Style Restaurant)
1063 yards to the southwest.
- 27 Silverdale South Lakes Cumbria Lake District (Real Estate)
1171 yards to the southwest.
- Luxurious lake view cabin in south Lakeland (Cabin, Real Estate)
1014 yards to the south.
- Snails Pace Narrowboat Holidays (Travel Agency, Boat Rental)
84 yards to the southeast.
- Priest Hutton (Landmark & Historical Place)
1337 yards to the east.
- Tewitfield (City)
126 yards to the east.
- Clear Water Fisheries - Carnforth (Cafe, Sports & Recreation)
1395 yards to the south.
- Clear Water Bistro & Bar (Coffee Shop, Bar)
1461 yards to the south.
- Catch 23 Cafe & Restaurant at Borwick Fisheries (Coffee Shop)
1398 yards to the south.
- Borwick Carp Fishery (Region)
1406 yards to the south.
- Lakeland Lodges (Vacation Home Rental, Cabin)
1016 yards to the south.
- The Hiding Place (Spa)
902 yards to the south.
- Carnforth Rotary Club (Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), Public & Government Service)
117 yards to the northeast.
- Longlands Inn & Restaurant (Beer Bar, British Restaurant)
47 yards to the east.
- Tammi Upton Hairdressing, Beauty & Hair Extension Specialist. (Hair Salon, Makeup Artist)
328 yards to the northeast.
- Winetime at Greenlands Farm Village (Shopping & Retail, Other)
175 yards to the northeast.
- Warton Cricket Club (Sports & Recreation Venue, Community Service)
1231 yards to the southwest.
- Pure Leisure Gym (Sports & Fitness Instruction)
1112 yards to the southwest.