Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Halfords car and outdoor shops (2 miles and 2¾ furlongs away); Barclays Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (3 miles and 1¼ furlongs away); Lloyds Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (2 miles and 1¾ furlongs away); Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (2, nearest is 2 miles and 5 furlongs away)
There is a bridge here which takes a major road over the canal.
|Hammersmith Bridge||2 miles, 6¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Beverley Brook Junction||1 mile, 5¼ furlongs|
|Putney Bridge||1 mile, 1 furlong|
|Fulham Railway Bridge||7¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Wandle Junction||2¾ furlongs|
|Battersea Railway Bridge||5½ furlongs|
|Chelsea Harbour||6¼ furlongs|
|Thames - Counter's Creek Junction||1 mile|
|Battersea Road Bridge||1 mile, 2¾ furlongs|
|Albert Bridge||1 mile, 4¾ furlongs|
A map will be shown here if you are logged on
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some (go to "Edit and Change" on the menu and select "Edit websites")?
Wikipedia has a page about Wandsworth Bridge
Wandsworth Bridge crosses the River Thames in west London. It carries the A217 road between the area of Battersea, near Wandsworth Town Station, in the London Borough of Wandsworth on the south of the river, and the areas of Sands End and Parsons Green, in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, on the north side.
The first bridge on the site was a toll bridge built by Julian Tolmé in 1873, in the expectation that the western terminus of the Hammersmith and City Railway would shortly be built on the north bank, leading to a sharp increase in the number of people wanting to cross the river at this point. The railway terminus was not built, and problems with drainage on the approach road made access to the bridge difficult for vehicles. Wandsworth Bridge was commercially unsuccessful, and in 1880 it was taken into public ownership and made toll-free. Tolmé's bridge was narrow and too weak to carry buses, and in 1926 a Royal Commission recommended its replacement.
In 1937 Tolmé's bridge was demolished. The present bridge, an unadorned steel cantilever bridge designed by Sir Thomas Peirson Frank, was opened in 1940. At the time of its opening it was painted in dull shades of blue as camouflage against air raids, a colour scheme it retains. Although Wandsworth Bridge is one of the busiest bridges in London, carrying over 50,000 vehicles daily, it has been described as "probably the least noteworthy bridge in London".
- The Alma Wandsworth (Gastropub, Hotel)
499 Old York Road, London, SW18 1TF — 524 yards to the south.
- Wandsworth Civic Suite (Event Planner)
Wandsworth HIgh Street, London, SW18 1 — 1020 yards to the south.
- The Ship, Wandsworth. (Pub)
41 Jews Row, London, SW18 1TB — 151 yards to the south.
- The Hurlingham Club (Social Club, Performance & Event Venue)
Ranelagh Gardens, London, SW6 3PR — 1008 yards to the west.
- Aspall Tennis Classic
The Hurlingham Club, London, SW6 3PR — 1330 yards to the west.
- The Grand (Performance & Event Venue)
21- 25 St John's Hill, Clapham Junction, London, SW11 1TT — 1428 yards to the east.
- WE Party UK (Party Entertainment Service)
London — 1424 yards to the east.
- Hurlingham Park (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue, Arts & Entertainment)
London, SW6 3 — 1131 yards to the northwest.
- 51St State Festival London
Cockfosters Road, London, SW6 2 — 1206 yards to the north.
- Hide Park
London — 1188 yards to the southwest.
- Chestertons Polo in the Park London (Sports Club, Sports Event)
Hurlingham Park, Hurlingham Road, Fulham, London, SW6 3RH — 1172 yards to the northwest.
- South Park, Fulham, SW6 (Park)
Clancarty Road, London, SW6 3BA — 772 yards to the northwest.
- Eel Brook Common (City, Train Station)
London, SW6 4 — 1496 yards to the north.
- Lubna Rafiq
London, SW11 3J — 1369 yards to the northeast.
- Crowne Plaza London - Battersea (Business Center, Meeting Room)
Bridges Wharf, Battersea, London, SW11 3BE — 864 yards to the northeast.
- Royal Academy of Dance (Performing Arts, Nonprofit Organization)
36 Battersea Square, London, SW11 3RA — 1496 yards to the northeast.
- bbodance (Performing Arts School)
London — 352 yards to the east.
- Laura Ashley (Furniture Store)
London — 1301 yards to the north.
- Neverland London (Outdoor Recreation, Food Stand)
364 Wandsworth Bridge Rd, Fulham, London, London, SW6 2TY — 116 yards to the north.
- Clapham Junction railway station (Landmark & Historical Place, Neighborhood)
London, SW11 1 — 1318 yards to the east.
- Clapham High Street railway station (Transit Stop)
London, SW4 6DQ — 1330 yards to the east.
- Il Pagliaccio Restaurant (Pizza Place)
182-184 Wandsworth Bridge Rd, London, SW6 2UF — 735 yards to the north.
- Parsons Green (The green) (Sports & Recreation)
London — 1370 yards to the northwest.
- Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen
Vesterbrogade 3, Copenhagen, 1630 — 1493 yards to the east.
- Chelsea Harbour (Train Station)
London — 1293 yards to the north.
unit 2 kingfisher house Battersea Reach, London, SW18 1 — 278 yards to the east.
- Thames River Walk
London — 1006 yards to the northeast.
- One Dance UK
Ensign House, Battersea Reach, Juniper Drive, London, SW18 1TA — 254 yards to the east.
- Forever Living Products London (HealthBeauty, Skin Care Service)
14-16 Peterborough Rd, London, SW6 3BN — 1224 yards to the northwest.
London, SW11 2AH — 349 yards to the west.
London, SW11 3 — 1535 yards to the east.
- Camden Town
London, NW1 1 — 939 yards to the west.
- Parsons Green
London, SW6 2AH — 1364 yards to the northwest.
- Sands End (Geo Entity)
Sands End — 1140 yards to the northeast.
- Latchmere, Wandsworth (Geo Entity)
Latchmere — 1488 yards to the east.
- Fairfield (Wandsworth ward) (Geo Entity)
Fairfield — 731 yards to the south.
- Parsons Green and Walham, Hammersmith and Fulham (Geo Entity)
Parsons Green and Walham — 1399 yards to the north.
- St. Mary's Park, Wandsworth (Geo Entity)
St. Mary's Park — 1518 yards to the northeast.
- The Chelsea Harbour Hotel
Chelsea Harbour, London, SW10 0XG — 1388 yards to the north.
- King George's Park (Water Park)
London, SW18 4 — 1576 yards to the south.
- Riverside Quarter
Eastfields Avenue, London, SW18 1LP — 923 yards to the west.
- Cineworld Wandsworth
Southside Shopping Centre, Wandsworth, SW18 4TF — 1366 yards to the south.
- London Borough of Wandsworth (Arts & Entertainment)
London — 1075 yards to the southwest.
- Chelsea Imperial Wharf (Locality)
Imperial Wharf, London, SW6 2ZH — 1122 yards to the north.