Pickett's Lock No 15
Facilities: water point.
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Aliance and Leicester cashpoints (ATM machines) (3 miles and 2½ furlongs away); HSBC cashpoints (ATM machines) (6¼ furlongs away); Lloyds Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (6¼ furlongs away); Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (5¾ furlongs away)
You can wind here.The winding hole is in the direction of Pickett's Lock Footbridge No 30.
There is a bridge here which takes a track over the canal.
This is a lock with a rise of 6f5.
|Bleak Hall Bridge No 28||7¼ furlongs|
|Incinerator Footbridge No 28A||6¼ furlongs|
|Incinerator Cable Bridge No 29||6 furlongs|
|Edmonton Sewage Works Pipe Bridge||5½ furlongs|
|Pickett's Lock Footbridge No 30||a few yards|
|Pickett's Lock No 15|
|William Girling Reservoir Cable Bridge No 31||6 furlongs|
|Towpath Side Bridge No 31A||7¼ furlongs|
|Ponders End Footbridge No 32||7½ furlongs|
|South Island Marina||7¾ furlongs|
|Wharf Road Bridge No 33||1 mile, ¼ furlongs|
A map will be shown here if you are logged on
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some (go to "Edit and Change" on the menu and select "Edit websites")?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointThe nearest water point is here. Others are at:
Nearest rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Head of Bow Locks On this waterway in the direction of Head of Bow Locks
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Head of Bow Locks On this waterway in the direction of Head of Bow Locks Travel to Hertford Union Canal Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Hertford Union Canal) to Hertford Union Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Regent's Canal) to Victoria Park Services
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Head of Bow Locks
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Pickett's Lock
Pickett's Lock or Picketts Lock is an area of Edmonton, in the London Borough of Enfield. It is bordered by River Lee Navigation to the east, Pickett's Lock Lane to the south, Meridian Way A1055 to the west and the Ponders End industrial area to the north. The area takes its name from Pickett's Lock, a lock on the nearby River Lee Navigation.
- Brighton & London (Railway Station)
1456 yards to the west.
- Coco Cola Enterprises (Business Service)
1516 yards to the southwest.
- Bounces Road (Residence, Education)
1255 yards to the west.
- Chingford Mount Cementry (Funeral Service & Cemetery)
1297 yards to the east.
- Royal British Legion Chingford (Nonprofit Organization, Public & Government Service)
1406 yards to the southeast.
- Ark Royal Venue (Outdoor Recreation, Professional Service)
802 yards to the west.
- Prince and Princess Wedding Hall (Other)
1514 yards to the southwest.
- St Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church (Religious Organization)
1424 yards to the west.
- Old Hall Tavern (Bar & Grill)
1107 yards to the south.
- The Mount Bar (Bar & Grill, Fast Food Restaurant)
1473 yards to the southeast.
- Be Better Fitness & Nutrition (Vitamin Supplement Shop)
1367 yards to the southeast.
- Lydia Restaurant (Turkish Restaurant)
1404 yards to the southeast.
- Picketts Lock (Region, Landmark & Historical Place)
912 yards to the northwest.
- Lee Valley Athletics Centre (GymPhysical Fitness Center, Performance & Event Venue)
743 yards to the northwest.
- Chingford Rugby Club (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
1267 yards to the northeast.
- Cypriot Wine Festival & Business Expo (Wine Bar, Business Center)
746 yards to the northwest.
- La Rocca Restaurant Pizzeria (Italian Restaurant)
1488 yards to the southeast.