Swineford Lock No 3
This is a lock with a rise of 4f4.
|Kelston Lock No 5||1 mile, 5¼ furlongs|
|The Shallows Railway Bridge No 210||1 mile, 2¾ furlongs|
|Saltford Lock Weir Entrance||7 furlongs|
|Saltford Lock No 4||6½ furlongs|
|Swineford Lock Weir Entrance||¼ furlongs|
|Swineford Lock No 3|
|Swineford Lock Weir Exit||½ furlongs|
|Avon Valley Railway Bridge||5¾ furlongs|
|Keynsham Old Works||1 mile, 7½ furlongs|
|Keynsham Pipe Bridge||2 miles, ¼ furlongs|
|Keynsham Lock Weir Entrance||2 miles, 2¾ furlongs|
information from anonymous, 23-1-2008 13:42:59
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Somerset Coal Canal Junction Travel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Swineford Lock
Swineford Lock is a canal lock situated on the River Avon, at the village of Swineford, England.
The Bristol Avon Navigation, which runs the 15 miles (24 km) from the Kennet and Avon Canal at Hanham Lock to the Bristol Channel at Avonmouth, was constructed between 1724 and 1727, following legislation passed by Queen Anne, by a company of proprietors and the engineer John Hore of Newbury. The first cargo of 'Deal boards, Pig-Lead and Meal' arrived in Bath in December 1727. The navigation is now administered by the Canal & River Trust.
In its heyday, between 1709 and 1859 Swineford had an active brass and copper industry which were served by the river which also provided water power for the cloth industry. The mill was later converted into a flock mill.
- The Wishing Well - Fayre & Square and Wacky Warehouse (Restaurant)
5593 yards to the northwest.
- The Old Crown (British Restaurant)
2025 yards to the southeast.
- The Dolphin (Beer Bar)
3345 yards to the northwest.
- Temple Street Canteen (Cafe)
4069 yards to the west.
- Segway Bath (National Park)
2265 yards to the west.
- Somerset (Beach, Food & Beverage)
44518 yards to the west.
- Avon Valley Adventure and Wildlife Park (Petting Zoo, Sports & Recreation)
2277 yards to the west.
- Saltford Golf Club (Sporting Goods Store)
2870 yards to the south.
- Battle of Lansdowne (Interest, Sports & Recreation)
3675 yards to the northeast.
- Tracy Park (Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant)
4029 yards to the northeast.
- Northleigh (Landmark & Historical Place, Neighborhood)
96239 yards to the southwest.
- Kettlercise Keynsham (Sports Team)
3453 yards to the west.
- Studio 11 Pole Fitness (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
4052 yards to the west.
- Keynsham RFC Beer and Cider Festival 10th September 2016 (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
4662 yards to the west.
- The Crown in Saltford (Pizza Place)
2262 yards to the south.
- Bitton A.F.C. (Sports Club, Sports Team)
2382 yards to the northwest.
- Bath Mill Lodge Retreat (Lodge)
5440 yards to the southeast.
- Bath Soft Cheese Co. (Coffee Shop, Farm)
1886 yards to the southeast.
- Barrs Court Park (Park, Environmental Conservation Organization)
4965 yards to the northwest.
- Newton St Loe (City)
4691 yards to the south.
- Bath Racecourse (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue, Other)
2848 yards to the east.
- Hanham Lock (Park, City)
5073 yards to the west.
- Fonthill & Lakeside Garden Centre (Coffee Shop)
2301 yards to the northwest.
- Royal United Hospital Bath Car Park 4 (Park, Hospital)
5279 yards to the southeast.
- RUH Bath (Emergency Rescue Service, Medical Company)
5201 yards to the southeast.
- B & Q Longwell Green (Home Decor)
5370 yards to the northwest.
- Willsbridge Mill Community Refresh (Food & Beverage)
3608 yards to the northwest.
- Mpenjati Nature Reserve (Just For Fun, Interest)
10605974 yards to the southeast.
- Avon Valley Railway Official (Nonprofit Organization, Museum)
2861 yards to the northwest.
- Peterborough City Rowing Club (Lake, Sports & Fitness Instruction)
214641 yards to the northeast.
- Saltford Sports Club (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue, Bar)
1969 yards to the southwest.
- Somerdale Pavilion (Nonprofit Organization, Community Center)
3880 yards to the west.
- The Roman Baths (Historical Place)
7861 yards to the southeast.