Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, boater-operated pump-out, rubbish disposal, toilets and water point.
This is a lock with a rise of 6f2.
|Sandford Lock (Thames) Weir Exit||4 miles, 1½ furlongs|
|Radley College Boat House||2 miles, 5½ furlongs|
|Nuneham Railway Bridge||1 mile, 2¼ furlongs|
|Swift Ditch Junction and Lock||4½ furlongs|
|Abingdon Lock Weir Entrance No 1||½ furlongs|
|Abingdon Lock Weir Exit No 1||¾ furlongs|
|Abingdon Bridge||3¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Ock Junction||4 furlongs|
|Thames - Wilts and Berks Canal (derelict )||4 furlongs|
|Abingdon Marina||4½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some (go to "Edit and Change" on the menu and select "Edit websites")?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointThe nearest water point is here. Others are at:
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at:
Nearest chemical toilet disposalThe nearest chemical toilet disposal is here. Others are at:
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outThe nearest self-operated pump-out is here. Others are at: Travel to Osney Bridge, then on the River Thames (above Oxford) to Eynsham Lock Travel to Osney Bridge, then on the River Thames (above Oxford) to Sheepwash Channel Junction, then on the River Thames (Sheepwash Channel) to Isis Lock Junction, then on the Oxford Canal (Southern Section - Main Line) to Thrupp Cruising Club
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Abingdon Lock
Abingdon Lock is a lock on the River Thames in England, less than 1 mile east and upstream of Abingdon, Oxfordshire, on the opposite bank of the river. It was originally built in 1790 by the Thames Navigation Commission.
The weir runs across from the Abingdon side to the lock island, and has a pedestrian walkway across it.
According to a tablet above the front door, the current lock-keeper's house dates from 1928. Ice creams and refreshments have been sold from the door of the house for at least 30 years.
- Rosie's Tea Room (Coffee Shop, Tea Room)
1075 yards to the west.
- Java&Co, Independent Coffee House (Shopping & Retail, Tea Room)
912 yards to the west.
- Abingdon Lorry Park (Parking Garage Lot)
791 yards to the southwest.
- Abbey Meadow Recreation Ground (Public & Government Service)
833 yards to the west.
- Abbey Meadows (River)
554 yards to the west.
- Willows Shake Shop (Furniture Store, Local Service)
927 yards to the west.
- Lewis Baker Retail (Department Store)
906 yards to the west.
- The White Horse Leisure & Tennis Centre (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
780 yards to the northeast.
- Abingdon United F.C. (Landmark & Historical Place, Sports Team)
1382 yards to the north.
- Abingdon Town F.C. (Landmark & Historical Place, Sports Team)
1001 yards to the southwest.
- Kingfisher Barn (Bed and Breakfast)
430 yards to the southwest.
- Bella Napoli Restaurant Pizzeria (Pizza Place)
990 yards to the west.
- Abingdon Abbey (Convent & Monastery)
472 yards to the west.
- Abingdon Abbey Buildings (Performance Art Theatre, Museum)
788 yards to the west.
- St Helen's Church, Abingdon (Anglican Church)
1106 yards to the west.
- Abingdon Bridge (Landmark & Historical Place)
807 yards to the west.
- Cosener's House (Landmark & Historical Place)
666 yards to the west.
- Oriental Food Micro Mart Abingdon (Specialty Grocery Store, Shopping & Retail)
1086 yards to the west.
- Soul Shine Wellbeing Space, Abingdon (Arts & Entertainment, Dance Studio)
763 yards to the north.
- Crossfit Oxford Originals (Coach)
1102 yards to the north.