What Changed in July 2017
Sunday 2 July 2017
- Patched place to redirect to gazetteer properly if called with an empty input
- Patched gazetteer to respond to an empty query as though there wasn't a query
→ Release 18.104.22.168
- Fixed photo-editing page to use standard footer and so hide system information on the logo.
→ Release 22.214.171.124
To Wednesday 5 July 2017
- Fixed issue 272 - the route planning wizard offers the nearest place even if it is unnavigable. After some thought I went for the simplest solution: always offer the nearest navigable, not the nearest.
- Another attack on the unresolved bugs list from the previous bug tracker.
- A tweak to the rewriting rules to make sure that links to structures always worked [pre-release]
- A fix to show numbered things that had been failing
- Removed redundant escaping in place names in numbered place display
→ Release 9.30.1
Saturday 8 July 2017
- Code to support effects of catching assorted bingbot errors where it looks for pages that don't exist
- Improvement to redirect URLs - will start to migrate a lot more redirects next
→ Release 126.96.36.199
- Fixes to "List Numbered Place" to stop it giving a strange error about editing photos, and then made it work better
- More improvements for redirections.
→ Release 188.8.131.52
- Changed very many of the internal redirections to use prettier links.
→ Release 9.30.2
- Even more tweaks to sort out strange search engine URLs (yandex this time)
Sunday 9 July 2017
- Changed lots of wiki links to pretty ones
- Changed lots of gazetteer-by-id links to place
- Trap for people trying to hack via POI (just generated distracting errors)
→ Release 9.30.3
- Added a message when no furthest place could be found - fixes issue 281
- Fixed link to gazetteer (broken in last release, pre-release patch)
- Fixed some searching in gazetteer - broken yesterday
- Fixed (pre-release) errors in various parts of route planning where names not perfect matches
- Fixed (part of issue 291) the display of lockridge pairs
→ Release 184.108.40.206
Sunday 23 July 2017
- Lots of changes to redirections to send to places not to the gazetteer when editing etc
- A tweak to callback for waterways
→ Release 220.127.116.11