What Changed in January 2019
Wednesday 2 January 2019
- Quick pre-release patch to prevent deleted external website links from killing RSS and what has changed
Thursday 3 January 2019
- Extensive experimentation with styles and assorted tricks:
- Waterway gazetteer now no longer needs to load an overlay, instead it highlights the waterway in a new layer
- All maps where waterways are active on mouseover now expand the line as well as showing a pop-up
Friday 4 January 2019
- Improved "add waterway":
- Floating places are not shown if there are none
- When you create a floating place the region is stored
- Tidied up some very old code for floating place creation around how the database was accessed
- When you try to create a new waterway it checks that both places (existing or floating) are in the same region and fails otherwise
- The new waterway is put at the top level of the region, instead of right at the top
Together these fix issue 526.
As threatened in the last comment of 2018 I broke something in the JS changes. Two separate mistakes in pdf_itinerary.js prevented PDF generation. Should now be fixed.
→ Release 9.32.8
- Ring edit now makes the selector the right size for the items (fixed a typo) and it grows and shrinks as places are added and removed (new code).
- Fixed issue 527 - out and back trips and rings now display the right text on markers, not one off (I was using the index into the array, rather than the carefully calculated index parameter that was designed to avoid just this problem!).
→ Release 22.214.171.124
Saturday 5 January 2019
- Configuration to only put upper buttons on routes and itineraries, which means I think I can turn them on without various other things breaking - finally resolving issue 259.
- Tidying up of itineraries:
- Added lots of information about bridges to itineraries - delivers issue 200 and then some.
- Made several improvements around there to remove inline styles and eliminate occasional double full stops.
- Moved a large chunk into a macro to reduce duplicated code between browser and PDF itinerary generation.
- Removed @ signs from road names (and shortened to the road name from full address) in routes
→ Release 9.32.9
Sunday 6 January 2019
- Fixed bug introduced in 9.32.8 that broke waterway addition (fixes issue 531).
- Made new waterway trigger map regeneration
- Fixed many years old bug in waterway generation that happened to trigger when testing
- Fixed link to old maps to address issue 530.
→ Release 126.96.36.199
- Improved bug reporting - now sends internal backtrace which could help me get to why we are getting database locking errors from people's sessions (as distinct from the main database) always at one particular point in the program.
- Fixed a bug where editing a feature without doing anything to an empty navigational note caused a crash
- Improvements to gazetteer place finder:
- Box round the map
- Waterway sections light up and names appear at the top
- Places open in same tab/window (unlike normal behaviour)
→ Release 9.32.10
Saturday 19 January 2019
- Improvements to place creation to solve issue 536. Refactored code there and tidied it up quite a lot – significant duplicated code folded into new procedure.
Tuesday 22 January 2019
- Limitations on characters allowed for wiki pages
- Error page for missing namespace rather than a (controlled) crash
- Code to generate waterway boundaries in the background completed and used
→ Release 9.32.11
To Saturday 26 January 2019
- More work on map-based placefinder
- Created new style files for "dim" waterways that can be brightened and code to support
- Place names change colour when hovered over (in all maps)
- Full width map rather than squeezed on large screens
- All direct paths to template files changed to use configuration values instead - should make setting up a separate templates directory for testing responsive layouts a lot easier.
→ Release 9.32.12
Sunday 27 January 2019
- Improved flow when you lose a session other than in route planning to resolve recurring low-level bug
- Change to user's session database locking with the aim of avoiding a rare but recurring failure
Tuesday 29 January 2019
- Improvements and bug-fixes to background waterway boundary calculations
→ Release 188.8.131.52