What Changed in October 2009
By Sunday 4 October 2009
- Added some more API keys for Google Maps
- Added a timeout for wgets to cope with slow servers
- Various bits of tidying up around header template to support the work I'm documenting on adding modules
- XML output can now cope with lists
- Virtual cruise added
→ Release 9.6
Monday 5 October 2009
- Fixed [pre-release] bug in vcruise when photo has no caption (or any other field for that matter)
- Fixed [pre-release] bug in vcruise where some photo filenames need .jpg appending
- Added XML- and image preloading to virtual cruises - makes them much slicker
→ Release 9.6.1
Tuesday 6 October 2009
- Added a link to the blog from the home page
- Fixed [pre-release] bug in API so polylines for waterways weren't being delivered
- Added Virtual Cruise link to itinerary output
Wednesday 7 October 2009
- Fixed "Continue" and "Cancel" from various stages of Furthest Place
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- Converted part-written Export routine into a module (removed code from canal.can into export.can and rejigged flow_control database)
- Fixed a bug with the pop-up calendar [pre release]
Thursday 8 October 2009
- Only included those formats that generated actual output in export build
Friday 9 October 2009
- Made export format build part of routine build
- Entire data a process flow through export now working - just need options to do anything now
- Did options and error catching - turned out much easier than it sounded. So ready to go
→ Release 9.7
Saturday 10 October 2009
- Added all buttons to bottom of route planning after loading a cruising ring
- More working around IE6's suite of button and submit related bugs.
- You can do things other than just continue from route-output
- Loading cruising rings works
- I'd been over generous with my reading of the XML DOM model - Firebird let me get away with it, but IE didn't. This one isn't IEs fault. This meant that IE users didn't get any drop-down of export formats. Issue 33 is now completed.
- Some export formats didn't work because of embedded spaces being produced along the way. Now fixed and underscores restored.
- Proper configuration of workspace and export paths.
→ Release 126.96.36.199 [lots, but still all small bug-fixes so small version number increase]
- Removed extra 's' in "it runs for ... through 1 locks" in waterway gazetteers
- Added escaping so places with names in didn't cause oddities in waterway gazetteer. Fixes issue 41.
- Fixed bug when you searched for a place from the gazetteer after following a link on any version using url rewriting. [pre-release]
- Avoided pling places in furthest place output (and anything similar that uses that part of the interpreter in future). Fixes issue 55
→ Release 9.7.1 [although bug fixes, a moderately substantial change to the C]
- Added all the www. versions of the domains into the Google API key management system. Simplified this by removing all references to the map key and using the api key throughout.
Sunday 11 October 2009
- A lot of work on loading and saving of sessions (and so routes)
Monday 12 October 2009
- Trap for obsolete session identifiers being passed to route planner (was erroring).
- Preserved the bad session flag so that the message I'd already written actually appeared on gazetteers
- Added a similar warning to the route entry page.
Wednesday 13 Octobre 2009
- Moved modules from cgi-bin into module directory
- Continued work on loading and saving as a module
Saturday and Sunday 17,18 October 2009
- Changed the plugin shell template very slightly to make them be the natural size for the content, rather than the page width.
- Added a "domain" feature, for when you have site specific API keys and don't have a full set (OS maps work on canalplan.org.uk but not on any of the other URLs).
- Decided to publish this, having turned off the development work on the load/save feature.
→ Release 9.7.2
Monday 19 October 2009
- Fixed a bug in adding intermediate places (needed ID flag for linkinfo, I'd forgotten this when I did placeinfo)
- Added the Liverpool Link and all its intermediate places to live version.
Monday 20 October 2009
- Added Liverpool South Docks and the Mersey crossing from Brunswick Lock to Eastham Lock for the benefit of the ambitious planning a Liverpool/MSC round trip. On the live version, of course.
Saturday 24 October 2009
- Altered JSON parser to cope with empty strings. Altered Google plugin to respond correctly in those circumstances
- Hopefully fixed a bug one user was seeing with layout options
- Fixed a bug in load-ring where final stage was failing when you picked a place from the list
→ Release 188.8.131.52
- Added support for "find nearest" to API
Sunday 25 October 2009
- Added selectors to "add waterway", so you don't need to remember place IDs
- Started work on Geograph plug-in
- Stopped plugin processing for those that won't be displayed
- Allowed processing of external results before caching them in plugins
- Completed Geograph plugin
→ Release 9.7.3