What Changed in May and June 2013
Monday 29 April 2013
- When a waterway is split the children inherit a lot more from the parent - both items in issue 715
Tuesday 30 April 2013
- Removed an unwanted "an extra" for shorter places in trips when discussing winding (introduced in Sunday's rework)
Saturday 4 May 2013
- Work on bridge accesses - have code to generate defaults and display them. Now need to be able to edit.
Thursday 9 May 2013
To Sunday 16 June 2013
- Speed-ups to loading of database
- Speed-up to parsing of user options
- Complete re-work of session and user management moving to using cookies rather than session IDs. The aims of this were to:
- Prevent sessions getting lost along the way
- Make sure "remember me" for user accounts actually worked
- Stopping people leaking session IDs and hence their account details when they posted links.
There will be bugs in such a big rework. I will monitor and patch as fast as I can.
→ Release 9.20
Sunday 16 June 2013
- Fixed configuration bug where magic server code wasn't running [pre-release]
- Fixed bug where clearing routes failed [pre-release]
- Fixed "create PDF" which still used old session code.
- Fixed bug in variant routes
- Fixed a pile of bugs in adding pling places (which I'd moved into the background and never properly tested)
→ Release 188.8.131.52
- Finished fixing the background of pling places.
- Fixed PDF creation
- Fixed configuration bug permanently
→ Release 184.108.40.206
- First stage of code to avoid loading marker places when not using them
- Some actions, like coordinate changes, were failing because of reorganised code
- Changed from profiling to production build which should speed general code execution
- Fixed bug with photo editing issue 743
→ Release 220.127.116.11
Monday 17 June 2013
- Fix for facebook widget on home page which had got all fat and needed putting on a diet
- Restored "Queue_Action" to database processing that requires background stuff
- Editing of history and quotes should now work
→ Release 18.104.22.168
- Removed the "Load v8" option from the code. It's been over three years since anyone could create one so I'm assuming any old ones have been translated by now.
Tuesday 18 June 2013
- Fixed for messages and stoppages being displayed on static pages when they shouldn't be - issue 748
Wednesday 19 June 2013
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- Fixed error on trying to reset to saved options
Thursday 20 June 2013
- Restored reloading of saved routes by inward links
- Reinstated queuing of rebuilds after coordinate changes
- Added loadsave to the route wizard
- Finished fixing (I hope) the rest of load and save
→ Release 126.96.36.199
Saturday 22 June 2013
- Fixed toggling sidebar (issue 749)
- Removed need for blocknames when including code: this will reduce the likelihood of various problems when reorganising things (things such as issue 750).
- Checked for empty or unpopulated sessions and bulked them out. This might fix the loss of saved options, but there again it might not as I can't duplicate it!
→ Release 188.8.131.52
- Fixed a change in session ID that was making load routes - at least - fail sometimes and may also be partly behind the loss of saved options
→ Release 184.108.40.206
- Finally did fix the loss of saved options bug - issue 751. If you think you've lost your carefully constructed options built up over the years please visit that issue and give me your exact username (NOT the password) and I'll see if I have them in a copy of the database anywhere.
→ Release 220.127.116.11
Sunday 23 June 2013
- Added a simple trace to help me understand what's going wrong sometimes
- Added a trap for likely reason for occasional but long standing failures to find the right "state" to execute
- Added more database locking around adding places
→ Release 18.104.22.168
- Tracked down and fixed bug where (until yesterday) resetting options was giving a 500 when you then saved, and (since yesterday) was giving a proper error. We needed to preserve the page to return to when options was called.
- Avoided creating multiple cookies when index page is visited - need to deliberately set the cookie, by default they are only available on next page load.
- Building on this pinned down where the user and generic options replace each other and so - I hope - finally killed issue 751.
→ Release 22.214.171.124
To Saturday 29 June 2013
- Several pre-release tweaks including a security patch
- Fixed AJAX problem that crashed Firefox and Chrome - issue 747
- Made places that used to be marker points lose their markerness when edited
- Fixed a long-standing a deep bug with gazetteer info where the distances on the linear maps and that in the descriptive text didn't agree if there were marker places in the way
- Added the ability to clear all places from the editor screen (including your default start places)
→ Release 126.96.36.199
- Small tweak to route editor removing unneeded horizontal line
- Fixed session saving - issue 757. I think anything saved in the last week is likely to be lost or broken. Really sorry about that.
→ Release 188.8.131.52
- Fixed bug where index page sometimes hit session problems (almost certainly meaning loss of list of logged on people and/or discussions)
- Fixed bug in multiple overnight stops - issue 762 refers
→ Release 184.108.40.206
- Fixed totals in itineraries - daily totals were wrong (using old, times in minutes rather than seconds - missed when I changed things ages and ages ago) - issue 752
- While I was in the code I changed the itinerary layout slightly as suggested in issue 723.
→ Release 220.127.116.11
- Restored the ability to delete messages (issue 730).
→ Release 18.104.22.168
- Added a warming about days being longer than the day length, as discussed in issue 605.
- Marker places don't show inside features unless you want them to
→ Release 9.20.1
- Tweak to prevent the day-length warning causing some trips from timing out.
- Fixed a bug where the buttons in timeout didn't work if page rendering had started before the timeout happened (fairly unlikely, but today's bug tickled it)
- Fixed error meaning that HTML for placefinder wasn't properly formed
→ Release 22.214.171.124