What Changed in June 2012
Monday 20 May 2012
- Added more location information, pulled from the geodata I collected in support of release 9.17.16
Sunday 27 May 2012
- If more than 20 people are logged on it doesn't show all the names (but you can get them) to avoid cluttering the index page up.
To Tuesday 6 June 2012
- Added a "fixed overnight stops are all overnight stops feature" - a lot of people want to plan this way and it both saves heaps of computer processing it also is less likely to get confused on very tightly specified routes
Wednesday 7 June 2012
- Reworked the file handles to the session database to greatly reduce the amount of file opening and closing going on
Sunday 10 June 2012
- Reworked virtual cruise to use JSON rather than XML (which simplified the code really quite a lot) and changed to using standard code to get the data rather than vcruise specific stuff (an attempt to get to grips with issue 613).
- Made virtual cruise stop when it hit the buffers in automatic mode, rather than keep going forever re-fetching the same page
- Merged in last week's changes and tested and completed them
- Restored photo rotation (had this ever worked properly?)
→ Release 9.17.19
- Fixed bug with very strange effects (mis-parsing a lat/lng caused Google maps API to try to fetch from my server!)
- Fixed error in postcode code
→ Release 220.127.116.11
- Made API open database read-only to see if that reduces the locking problems
→ Release 18.104.22.168
Monday 11 June 2012
- The log-in using other ID code had got missed in the new session stuff
- Re-ordering when SQL parameters are cleared and statements rebound, again to try to reduce database locks
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- Fixed bug in common "form" code that was causing a ClearSilver warning in the server error logs
- More anti-locking code, wrapping a 'prepare' statement
→ Release 126.96.36.199
Tuesday 12 June 2012
- Major re-write of sql access to use a callback function to handle the locking (does it work with no wrap for "open"?)
- Added to match.c as well
→ Release 188.8.131.52
Wednesday 13 June 2012
- Fixed a (long standing but newly manifesting) bug in the RSS feed when a photo had been added to a place, moved away and then that place deleted during the range being fed. This completely broke the feed.
- Fixed program flow database to restore ability to do small edits (places moving, detail being changed, size of places, names, waterway names etc)
→ Release 184.108.40.206
Saturday 16 June 2012
- Reviewed code for non-reentrant library functions and replaced with reentrant versions
- Started to re-write my code similarly. Handled:
Sunday 17 June 2012
- Continued into general code review, aimed chiefly at making the program thread-safe, but also tidying up and removing obsolete functions
- Removed the ability to change the language syntax at compile-time, there's such a code-base that relies on the default that it's pointless.
- Removed "spawn" and "spawn on .. end spawn" from the language and with them the "special_exit" flag
- And "chain" and so "run_next"
- Rationalised two different global variables for the stored program into one. Improved variable use when looking up subroutines
- Removed quite a lot of optional stuff like escapes in output sequences and the like that were never used
- Removed semaphore stuff that is never used
- Reworked database stuff - removed all Berkley DB as I never use it, and moved the sql database into the global_data structure.
Total effect of this has been to remove about 1500 lines of C from the code-base!
I'm releasing this - users /should/ see no difference: so I can test I've really not messed anything up yet!
→ Release 9.17.20
- Added an improved "assert" for debugging
- A bit of added code caused the program to crash after it had done everything (so it wrote lots to the error log, but appeared to work fine). Temporarily hid the offending code → Release 220.127.116.11
Thursday 21 June 2012
- Some changes to error trapping to make sure programs always terminate (and so avoid deadlocking the photos database)
→ Release 18.104.22.168
Saturday 23 June 2012
- Pre-release patch to place information editing (fixed issue 622
Sunday 24 June 2012
- Created index on ID in photos file - major speedup especially in "New contributions"
Monday 25 June 2012
- Changing a place's coordinates causes the geodata to be refetched
- Geodata ages off (40 days at present)
Thursday 28 June 2012
- Improved styling for all photos - you'll need a moderately modern browser to get the best out of this (so basically any version of anything or Internet Explorer 9 and greater)
→ Release 9.17.21