What Changed in June and July 2015
Friday 5 June 2015
- Converted an error message from route planner into a report to the user of an expired session
To Friday 3 July 2015
- Added backtrace code to try to find out why photo uploading is segfaulting
- Updated social login, it now works again for Google (well, Google+ now). Finally addresses issue 1029.
→ Release 22.214.171.124
Saturday 4 July 2015 ==
- New bug tracking software active (beta version)
→ Release 9.24.6
Friday 10 July 2015
- Re-implementation of old photo upload code, but with new enhancements, to fix persistent new bugs in CS library code (issue 1045).
→ Release 126.96.36.199 (beta version)
Saturday 11 July 2015
- Fixed error message for too-large files using new code
→ Release 188.8.131.52 (still beta)
Monday 20 July
- Fixed navigational note editing and creating for structures, fixes issue 1032
- Made logging in "new contributions" work properly for navigational notes
Tuesday 21 July
- Made navigational notes for waterways work - despite claiming to have added them in release 9.23.8 they weren't actually functioning
- Pre-release fix to links to discussion pages from index page
Thursday 23 July
- Added a trap for expired/invalid sessions to route planning.
Friday 24 July
- Extended this to variant route generation
Sunday 26 July 2015
- Extended expired/invalid session catching to PDF generation
- Prevented reporting of two errors logged when connection between user and server is dropped
- Added invalid sessions to vcruises as well
Together these changes will prevent over 90% of current automatic bug reports; by explaining what has happened they make the site more friendly for users, and removing them makes it easier for us to spot real bugs.
Tuesday 28 July 2015
- Tweak to hopefully prevent some attempts to plot routes around rings failing (this is probably another expired session thing but should be capable of being worked round).
Saturday 1 August 2015
- Better explanation of what "insert nearest" does on route editor dropdowns
→ Release 9.24.7