Canalplan AC Forums

For discussions about Canalplan AC, features etc.

You are not logged in.

#1 Friday 9th December 2016 00:04:25

Shultzy

Slow Site

CP seems to have slowed down more than usual yesterday and today, about 25secs to save a new place.

Regards Shultzy

#2 Friday 9th December 2016 19:17:35

Stephen Atty
Administrator

Re: Slow Site

Network latency and bandwidth seems to be well within limits.

Server load over the past three days looks like this :

kernel.png

sysload.png

No excessive reports of DB locks in the log files ether.

#3 Friday 9th December 2016 19:42:12

Shultzy

Thanks. Not sure what it could be as all the other sites I use are ok. Adding new places used to be almost instantaneous before the server outage last month. There should be a few crashes in the logs for last night.

Regards Shultzy

#4 Friday 9th December 2016 21:14:41

Stephen Atty
Administrator

We've got a small amount of packet loss with some spikes in latency but nothing abnormal ( this is looking from the outside - so this is how its seen over the internet)

pckets.png

I wonder if its worth nick doing a rebuild on the database files.

We've not had many error emails (which report failures) in the past couple of days.

#5 Sunday 11th December 2016 15:59:02

Nicholas Atty
Administrator

I've just given it a quick "vacuum".  Exporting all and re-importing is another option to make things a bit tighter but there's nothing obvious wrong anywhere, as Steve says.

#6 Tuesday 13th December 2016 00:06:05

Shultzy

Better now, only 10secs to save a new place.

Regards Shultzy

#7 Tuesday 13th December 2016 08:05:02

Stephen Atty
Administrator

That's still quite a bit of time...

#8 Wednesday 14th December 2016 08:33:22

Nicholas Atty
Administrator

I've just completely rebuilt it (exported it, then reimported to a new database file, then renamed).   This could help.

I think we're just busy and suffering the side effects of the database architecture.  The question is whether to live with it, move to a better in many ways database such as mysql (but which will be harder to manage) or to say that if I'm doing all that coding I might be better looking at  a noSQL or a graph database solution and doing an entire rearchitecture.  This is something I've been thinking of in other contexts as well, and I'm going to take a while to think about it.

#9 Sunday 1st January 2017 14:59:54

Stephen Atty
Administrator

Have things returned to normal?

#10 Tuesday 3rd January 2017 13:37:15

Shultzy

New entries today take between 10secs and 15secs to complete from the [Edit place details] so not too bad. I have noticed that over the past month the map does not appear (when loading a new page) although the markers do. Refreshing the page or moving the map around works to provide a normal page. This usually happens when loading from the [New Contributions] pages in quick succession.

Regards Shultzy

#11 Tuesday 3rd January 2017 14:29:15

Stephen Atty
Administrator

I've noticed some problems with the map - but that's being rendered by script running from your browser against Google's Map server.... and as the script that renders the markers is part of the same code it suggests maybe there is something not quite right with Googles Map servers.

We are having some minor latency issues at the moment (where it's spiking at over 120ms), which I'm trying to get resolved, which might be causing some issues.

Board footer