What Changed in September 2015
Thursday 3 September 2015
- Fixed bug in rendering options page that was resetting all waterway preferences to "love" (issue 11). Added a check for this and an alert on route planning to inform people and tell them to reset the settings
→ Release 220.127.116.11
Saturday 5 September 2015
- Updates XML feed to hopefully finally make it all properly escaped
- Upgraded all gazetteer pages to new(ish!) "_xform" code (makes it more maintainable and less error-prone)
→ Release 18.104.22.168
To Saturday 12 September 2015
- Added a "not found" page for attempts to access non-existent photos
- Fix to waterway breaking to ensure marker places are taken into account properly - fixes issue 14.
To Monday 14 September 2015
- A lot more work on moving pages to "_xform" - should now be complete but needs serious testing before release
- Waterway breaking code changes from Saturday pushed live so I can use it
- Pre-release patch to placefinder to tarpit SQL injection attacks (there aren't a lot of places with "cursor", "select" and "database" in their names).
- Pre-release upload of a patch to prevent some of the distance calculations in 22.214.171.124 giving a "not a number" error (it didn't cope with floating point values).
- Implemented semantic markup for breadcrumbs to help with search engines and the like - as proposed in issue 17.
Tuesday 15 September 2015
- Fixed (pre-release) a very rare bug that caused an "infinity generated" error to be produced if the calculated end of a day fell exactly at one end of a very short link of canal between two "important" places (for example, you've used a junction bridge as an intermediate place).
Wednesday 16 September 2015
- Fixed (pre-release) a bug where a single fixed-night stop in a planned route caused it to try to put all the remaining trip in one day and complain about it (issue 19).
Saturday 19 September 2015
- Added a viewer for the waterways covered by a book
- Fixed code to split waterways to update book index and added a catch for missing books. Prevents errors yesterday when couldn't plan along the Southern GU.
→ Release 9.25.1
- Several patches to live system to fix typos/missed points from the major changes to the template page.
Sunday 20 September 2015
- Final work on new template formats (_xform):
- Systematic check that all templates use new format code in the same variables
- Removed special case code to cope with old inconsistencies that no longer exist
- Removed old format generators from scripts
- Remove cp_into from the template interface
This must be the first release in ages where the code base is actually smaller rather than larger!
→ Release 126.96.36.199
- Fixed bug where you never got away from the "not available" page even when the system was back up and running
- Fixed a couple of errors in the vast changes in the last release
Monday 21 September 2015
- Pre-release fix to a bug I'd introduced to furthest place calculations
Tuesday 22 September 2015
- Pre-release fix to PDF generation in response to issue 23. This was an unexpected side-effect of adding cookie-consent code
Wednesday 23 September 2015
- Pre-release patch to fix waterways appearing in exclusion list as "NOT FOUND" - this was issue 25.
- Fixed unwanted titles appearing in the bibliography of itineraries (issue 24).