What Changed in October 2010
Monday 4 October 2010
- Trap code to "showstuff" so that when Google invents photo URLs it returns the index, not an error
- New "optional places" code was giving errors when things got cast to Booleans on saving.
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- Added footpaths to things overbridges and aqueducts can be over
- Added a graphic for them
- And for a disused railway underbridge (previous no graphic)
Wednesday 6 October 2020
- Unless there is a distance table in the waterway gazetteer, there shouldn't be a virtual cruise button either
- Places "in the direction of" are now links
- Added the detail text to places in the "on the .... canal between" section. Useful when you don't know where Kerridge Bridge is, but have heard of Bollington
Saturday 9 October 2010
- Fixed a bug where the virtual cruise was sending out for a non-existent file when there was no photo for a place. At the same time fixed issue 190 where it didn't handle captions around photoless places particularly elegantly.
- The Google search box on the right hand menu bar was calling Paypal instead! (issue 252)
- Wrote code into the build process to check all linear graphic characters and generate any missing ones
- Allowed all aliases to be deleted (previously you couldn't get rid of the last one) (addresses part of issue 251).
→ Release 9.10.12
- Added code to display the introductory text for a place differently if the place is a village, town or city but the entry in the database is the name of a lock or bridge or similar. This may throw up some strangeness - let me know if it does. This addresses issue 99 from February of this year.
- Fixed a bug where you could squeeze a place name with spaces past the checking for duplicate place names. This didn't do any harm to the data, but it did cause an program stop and error rather than going back round the "change the name" loop.
- Fixed a bug where winding holes accumulated multiple @s in their attributes on editing.
- Made some junctions look a lot better on linear maps
- Added log in from other accounts (using janrain as a provider)
→ Release 9.10.13
Sunday 10 October 2010
- You can now merge user accounts - particularly useful to move photos etc from older CanalPlan accounts to new ones from external identity systems.
→ Release 9.10.14 *ADDS* External identity services
Saturday 16 October 2010
- Prevented marker places appearing as the things that winding holes are in the direction of (unless you have them on in your options, of course)
- Made winding holes combined with bridges consistent in description, editing and diagrams
Sunday 17 October 2010
- Fixed a bug in logging on from merged accounts - it was often failing
I think the above allow the matters raised in issue 254 to be worked around.
→ Release 9.10.15