What Changed in March 2012
Saturday 25 February 2012
- Auto-population of selectors in stoppage selection (waterways and still being developed places)
- Completed previously part-written code to allow selected users to pin down stoppages to specific ranges
- Added supporting code to the interpreter to use these
- Extended refining to allow stoppages to be marked to be ignored
Sunday 26 February 2012
- Work on fixing stoppages when the canal is not the one auto-detected
Friday 2 March 2012
- Created a plugin framework for route based on the one for the gazetteer
- Moved stoppages into this as a first plugin
Saturday and Sunday 3/4 March 2012
- Created an events plugin using the new structure
Tuesday 6 March -2012
- Improved entry of default starting place to allow auto-select as well as selectors
Friday 9 March 2012
- Fixed, I hope, bug in cookies for "remember me" on login (issue 426)
- More work on stoppages code: allowed editing of text and changing of type
Saturday 10 March 2012
- Reworked C in interpreter to allow for multiple overlapping stoppages
→ Release 9.17.3
- Created an "output" tab in the options that (like the gazetteer tab) allows you to choose which items are shown in the output and what order they appear in. Among other things this addresses issue 90 - now that's an old one!
→ Release 9.17.4
- Fixed bugs with multiple copies of some output macros
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- Added default output options so that people with saved settings don't just get stoppages (issue 556).
→ Release 126.96.36.199
Sunday 11 March 2012
- Fixed (pre-release) a debugging message that was breaking export (issue 557)
- Added handing of back-quotes in stoppage messages to entity processor and found and fixed a long-standing bug we'd been lucky to be getting away with!
- Fixed "last-morn" stopping status not having a suitable message in output (comes up as "report this as a bug").
- Fixed bug where checking to see if overlay had changed was causing a lot of marker places (those with names starting with a !) to come out of the woodwork (issue 559)
- Fixed bug where re-ordering code had prevented stoppages being limited to date of cruise (issue 558).
- Prevented stoppage header and footer appearing if there is not stoppage data involving your trip
- Improved this (so starting in Jan with a 5 day trip doesn't show stoppages in Feb and March - unspecified dates are calculated based on calculated time plus 3 days plus 1 day for every 10 days of trip to ensure imminent stoppages are shown).
→ Release 188.8.131.52 (lots of changes, but all small ones)
- Greatly improved matching for places in the stoppages editing section (not seen by users, but a big help for administrators)
→ Release 9.17.5
- Added a count of stoppages still to process to give the administrators some idea of progress.
→ Release 184.108.40.206
Monday 12 March 2012
- Removed plugins are silently removed from the list of options for users with saved settings
To Saturday 17 March 2012
- A couple of pre-release tweaks to stoppage code
- Added help for the items in the new "output" section - options to follow
- A tweak to stoppage code to prevent it breaking when you changed one place from the suggestion but not the other
→ Release 9.17.6
- Added a check for people trying to use the wiki for spam purposes
- Fixed a bug that must have been there for years, but never tickled, where going straight from the home page to a gazetteer page and then to Options caused an invalid button message
- Fixed a bug where saving options sometimes caused an error when reading the place table
- Made option in wikipedia plugin for gazetteer actually do something
- Finished reworking the plugins code to fully support options
- Added an option to let you prune the range of stoppages displayed
→ Release 9.17.7
Sunday 18 March 2012
- Fixed a bug where you sometimes had an extra photo or two on the table than when your own were shown. It was not excluding any failed uploads (these get purged eventually anyway, but not for a while).
Tuesday 20 March 2012 to Wednesday 21 March 2012
- After huge amounts of work, fix to prevent some overnight planning bombing out
- Examination of distance calculations prompted by issue 561.
- Fixed buglet that prevented you doing a single very short trip
- Removed a 0.5 that had been used to round integers but was now adding 30 seconds to every stage of a route - that was the actual problem
→ Release 220.127.116.11
- Removed some debugging values in s from this morning's release
→ Release 18.104.22.168
Thursday 22 March 2012
- Fixed (pre-release) bug where several stopping reasons (including notably "to avoid stopping in a flight of locks") weren't appearing