What Changed in January and February 2016
Saturday 2 January 2016
- Improved spacing of buttons when the row wraps (particularly relevant to route output on a mobile device)
- Pre-release fix to deleting of links to websites
Sunday 3 January 2016
- A further improvement to code to increase the speed when lists of strings are being built.
To Saturday 16 January 2016
- Standardised the queuing code through a single interface
- Moved from an SQLite database to a file-system based queue which should reduce locking errors
- Changed code so that changes to the place database are logged even if they come through the editing screen rather than by interactive editing.
- Added code to regenerate waterway outlines when a change to a waterway is made
- Improvements to code to catch missing linear graphics and regenerate them
To Sunday 31 January 2016
- Fixed XML escaping for new discussions (issue 73).
- Improvements to photo checking to find occasional empty large photos and remove them
- Fixed display of waterway names in website links in "new contributions" and RSS feed.
Note that some of these changes constitute some quite significant changes to CanalPlan's undercarriage: I'm anticipating a few bugs and short outages over the next few days (January is a good time to do this - the site is a lot quieter).
> Release 9.26.4
- Suppressed display of "your nearest place" when the accuracy of the information is >=5km. This is probably still too tolerant, but kills the most obviously daft ones without causing it to fail on sparse cell towers. Satisfies issue 43.
Monday 1 February 2016
- Added website plugin to waterway gazetteers (part of issue 81).
Tuesday 2 February 2016
- Fixed bug where multiple items didn't get queued - issue 82
→ Release 18.104.22.168
- Enhanced website plugin code so it would work on features and areas (completes issue 81)
Wednesday 3 February 2016
- Made background processor use sub-second time resolution to ensure multiple items from same batch are processed in order.
→ Release 22.214.171.124
Saturday 6 February 2016
- Made the CanalPlan interpreter stamp new files with the actual date and time rather than leaving it to the filesystem - this gives enough resolution to ensure they are executed in the right order.
→ Release 126.96.36.199
Tuesday 9 February 2016
- Added code to pass names containing commas through from the quick search box to either gazetteer or route planner. Fixes issue 83.
Thursday 11 February 2016
- Fixed (with pre-release patch) a bug where changing place names failed
Monday 15 February 2016
- Added code to upgrade a marker place to a real place to solve issue 87.
- Enhanced the redirection for the gazetteer for areas and waterways etc
Tuesday 16 February 2016
- Changes to books are now reflected in "what's new" and the RSS feed
- Adding areas is reflected in "what's new" and the RSS feed
→ Release 9.26.5
- Fixed a bug in the location redirection code I'd just introduced (issue 89)
- Changed XML escaping to allow UTF-8 characters to get through OK (very long standing issue, will need careful observation to ensure anything else doesn't get broken). Reported as issue 90.
→ Release 188.8.131.52