What Changed in January 2015
Friday 2 January 2015
- Improvements to Geograph code - descriptions are now displayed (often they weren't).
- Pinch points are now supported in planning, but have to be manually added to the database
- Added code to waterways gazetteer to show your boat size if it can't navigate the waterway
Sunday 4 January 2015
- Pinch points can be added/edited/deleted from the normal place editing screen
→ Release 9.26
- Fixed bug in overnight stopping places (if you used the checkbox option to select them, you got an "unknown stopping code" message. As everything then worked I suspect people have been ignoring the "report this as a bug" message - it's been in the live code since at least mid November.
- Attempt to fix some recent problems with killing the background processor
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- Changes to "thisprog" for URL rewriting (watch closely for side effects), to work with...
- Changed URL so waterway dimension coverage message is always displayed and not a search screen
- Made icon to request this "active"
- Added a grand total row to this table
- Styled the table
Monday 5 January 2015
- Fixed typo from changes to detail editing template - caused issue 982.
→ Release 126.96.36.199
Wednesday 7 January 2015
- Pre-release fix to styling for date drop-down to fix issue 984.
Saturday 10 January 2015
- Added link to bugs and issues in text on index page
- Added place names to RSS feed for a couple of changes
- Improved text about time calculations (makes "this is 3 days"..."7 stopping places" less silly)
Sunday 11 January 2015
- Further improvements to those messages
- Added code to adjust start and end date when stops involved - see issue 984.
- When you add a stop to a new route the "selected stops are only ..." box now appears (lost when new parameters box added I suspect)
- Tweaks to code to re-instate day length (daylight) checking and warnings
- Fixed calculation error that made all stages in the route summary have one leg's worth of distance and locks more than it should have (except the last!).
Monday 12 January 2015
- Added forgotten check that a pinch point is a place with two links
Saturday 17 January 2015
- Changes in support of rationalising output formats as I continue to edit
- Preparatory work (for next release) towards allowing some features to be pinch points
→ Release 9.26.1
Sunday 18 January 2015
- Fixed design error that meant that some pages (for example the "empty" waterway gazetteer pages, many editing screens) didn't have a working autocomplete in the "quick search" box.
- Fixed a small bug in that code to do with the border style
- Added "you pass through" information to features (tunnels, aqueducts etc) while I was adding pinchpoint info
- Completed work to add pinchpoints to features
Tuesday 20 January 2015
- Completed work to allow features to be pinch points, including editing, checking in planning and reporting on impossible routes. More fiddly than I'd hoped.
- Fixed error where boat height wasn't displayed in explanation of why a route wasn't possible
Wednesday 21 January 2015
- (pre-release) fix of a checking error that caused it to fail to plan fixed-length routes with overnight stops
- Fixed another bug that the above displayed where the wrong number of nights were being inserted into fixed length trips
→ Release 9.26.2
- And another tweak to that code
→ Release 188.8.131.52
Thursday 22 January 2015
- Another tweak to make this code work properly with a date and durations rather than two fixed ends. It still gives slightly incorrect answers with fixed date overnight stops - I'm working on this but wanted to get this release out as I don't know how long that will take to fix.
→ Release 184.108.40.206