What Changed in February 2011
Monday 24 January 2011
- Improved placefinder so if you get some good hits and then a lot of rubbish ("crookw" did it - where the first pass gets all the "Crooke" places, but the soundex gets "creek" and "church" and various other things) it now shows the good hits instead of complaing about over 100
- More work on getting winding suggestions for furthest place - it appears to be working now.
Saturday 29 January 2011
- Work to remove everything from the "still to do list" - some have been done, some can be done quickly, the rest need to be become issues:
- Fixed it that if you try to get cgi-bin/index.cgi you get the home page after all
- Added all others that meant anything to issues
- Changed the "what's new" logo to something better
- Removed "Still to do" from the menu
Thursday 3 February 2011
- A tweak to stop browsers with eSobiSubscriber from breaking things by sending expired sessions into the middle of places
Saturday 5 Feburary 2011
- A heavy session with dmalloc to track down some memory eating bugs. This should make the whole thing more responsive.
Sunday 6 February 2011
- Final tweak to winding suggestions so they only appear when they ought to - addresses issue 260
→ Release 9.12.7
- Fixed issue 329 by providing some sensible results when a person has a photo that only belongs on the index page (this isn't allowed any more, but it seems a shame to delete the old ones).
- Added features to make it easier to change this page every month. An early attempt to get rid of mad searchers had prevented me from creating new pages so I had to do something.
- Restored background to waterway editing
- Fixed a premature end of script headers error for reorganising waterways (silent for user, but caused error log messages)
- Added a "message of the day" feature
Satuday 12 February 2011
- Added a way to distinguish dead ends and where rivers join the sea (issue 338
Sunday 13 February 2011
- Extended SQL syntax to allow looping over selects, rather than having to pull the results into a list and then iterate over the list
Saturday 19 February 2011
- Reworked stats page to show weekly graphs
- Integrated menus into the header better, changed a lot of files - keep an eye out for breakages
→ Release 9.12.8
- Fixed a bug in find-winding
- Added binding of booleans to generic sqlite parameter passing
- Added a bypass to the spider catcher to allow me to follow links from error reports
→ Release 18.104.22.168
- Solved issue 276 - gazetteer sunrise and sunset times, and dates, are now in the local time for the place.
- Added a search for waterways in the general placefinder. This involved generalising the matching code, and was quite complicated. You can get lost this way (putting a canal into a place box, then following the link), but unless people complain I'll leave it like this (the solution would be to only match on the quick search, not on all searches). This is issue 178
→ Release 9.12.9
Sunday 20 February 2010
- Removed the "CanalPlan has asked Google" from placefinder if it was out of range. If we're not going to show you it, or offer you places, what's the point of telling you about it?
- Fixed issue 341 where the underlying problem was when a function was called with a parameter that needed casting. I'm rather concerned as to how this has popped up now: the code appears to have been wrong since it was written, and the trap for refcounted values has always been there as well. But whatever the reason, the code is now doing exactly the right thing.
→ Release 22.214.171.124