What Changed in April and May 2015
Sunday 19 April 2015
- Work to cache place files when visited by search engines (done pre-release on Sunday 19th) as it's about fiddling in configuration files. This should take a lot of SE load off the site making it more responsive for users with more specific requirements.
Monday 20 April 2015
- Made the dragging and dropping of places on the map contingent on being a logged-on user (the agreed solution to issue 1024).
To Sunday 26 April 2015
- Additional code to purge cached gazetteer pages when place data changes
- Improved "thumbnails" photo view - now includes links to photo pages
- Added a "noscript" thumbnails photo view to cached gazetteer pages
→ Release 9.24.1
Tuesday 28 April 2015
- A catch for old versions of Internet Explorer - they can't plan cruising rings and taking time to write code to fix it would be a misuse of limited programming effort.
Saturday 2 May 2015
(Integrating code developed 10 April in response to issue 1025)
- Intermediate places in features are shown in suggestions for route planning
- Waterway names have a similar display
- There is a selector in this for finding places in branched waterways
Monday 4 May 2015
- Fixed bug in route wizard where some browsers didn't load cruising rings (and I'd expect furthest place) properly.
→ Release 9.24.2
Sunday 10 May 2015
- Fixed a bug in overnight stopping (if you were planning the Scout's trip at Rugby, this is your problem now fixed)
→ Release 184.108.40.206
Thursday 28 May 2015
- Enhancement to logon code and index page to support new bug tracker
→ Release 9.24.3-ß (beta release only)
Friday 29 May 2015
- Got enough of the new search facility, that I've been working on on-and-off – on three continents – since early April, working that it can be put out live, on the beta site at least. There are lots of things missing, but I expect to add a lot quickly.
→ Release 220.127.116.11-ß
Saturday 30 May 2015
- More improvements to new search facility. New tracking code for background development - ready to go live.
→ Release 18.104.22.168
Sunday 31 May 2015
- Added "use wizard" as an option for "new route" - half of agreed solution to issue 1034.
- Added "nearest place" to drop-down menus by input boxes, hover shows the place - other half of issue 1034.
- Feature links in new search tabs now work
→ Release 9.24.4
- More search tabs features:
- Added features to search and results display
- Improved spacing and layout on results tabs
- Made note about results tab into an active link
- Added linear maps to tabs (missing stylesheet)
→ Release 9.24.5
- Tweak to remove cut-and-paste error that had added a second "copy start place to end place" to entry page (pre-release)
- Fixed two obscure bugs in overnight stop scheduling
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- Fixed database handles in change log for boats DB - addresses issue 1035
→ Release 126.96.36.199