Lea Bridge No 18
This is a pinch point. The normal maximum dimensions for a boat on this waterway are 88 feet long, 15 feet and 9 inches wide, 9 feet high and 12 feet and 6 inches deep, but to pass through here the maximum dimensions are 8 feet high.
There is a bridge here which takes a major road over the canal.
|Marker place "!6avw"||1¾ furlongs|
|Pond Lane Bridge No 17A||1 furlong|
|Towpath Side Bridge No 17B||¾ furlongs|
|Lea Bridge Weir||¼ furlongs|
|The Princess Of Wales PH||a few yards|
|Lea Bridge No 18|
|Marker place "!6av0"||½ furlongs|
|Marker place "!6avz"||¾ furlongs|
|Marker place "!6avy"||1¼ furlongs|
|Turnover Bridge No 19||1¾ furlongs|
|Marker place "!6av2"||2¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Head of Bow Locks
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Head of Bow Locks On this waterway in the direction of Waltham Town Lock No 11 On this waterway in the direction of Waltham Town Lock No 11 Travel to Hertford Union Canal Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Hertford Union Canal) to Hertford Union Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Regent's Canal) to Victoria Park Services
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Lea Bridge
Lea Bridge is a neighbourhood and electoral ward in the Clapton area of the London Borough of Hackney.
The area it takes its name from a bridge built over the River Lea in 1745, and the Lea Bridge Road which leads through the area and across the bridge. The bridge also gives its name to a ward in Waltham Forest (Lea Bridge) on the eastern, Leyton, bank of the river.
Within Hackney, Lea Bridge Road forms the customary boundary between Upper and Lower Clapton.
- Bavarian Beerhouse Old Street (German Restaurant)
1381 yards to the south.
- The Crooked Billet E5 (British Restaurant, Pub)
877 yards to the west.
- Kuu London (Osteopathic Doctor)
1259 yards to the southwest.
- The Social, London (Barber Shop, Landmark & Historical Place)
762 yards to the west.
- Springfield (Hackney ward) (Recreation Center)
1524 yards to the northwest.
- Opulent beauty clinic. Lip fillers (Region)
632 yards to the northeast.
- Clapton Country Club (Restaurant)
851 yards to the west.
- Hackney Marshes (Region, City)
1341 yards to the southeast.
- Lee Valley VeloPark (Landmark & Historical Place, Park)
2740 yards to the southeast.
- Clapton railway station (Railroad Company)
864 yards to the west.
- HACON Kitchen + Bar (Cocktail Bar, Live Music Venue)
937 yards to the southwest.
- London Borough of Waltham Forest (Region, Government Organization)
1082 yards to the northeast.
- Hackney Downs (ward) (Park)
1507 yards to the southwest.
- Walthamstow Marshes (Region, City)
1073 yards to the north.
- Chatsworth Road E5 (Shopping District, Market)
879 yards to the south.
- Argall Avenue (Property Management Company)
1161 yards to the northeast.
- my neighbours the dumplings (Asian Restaurant)
1130 yards to the southwest.
- Homerton Hospital (Medical Company)
1599 yards to the south.
- Forest Kids Hackney (Sports & Recreation)
12 yards to the southwest.
- Crystal Rose Ambassador Hotel,ahodwo Kumasi (Hotel)
1296 yards to the southwest.
- Upper Clapton (Just For Fun, Transit Hub)
1365 yards to the northwest.
- Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom (Interest, Cultural Center)
6965 yards to the south.
- Mini Israel (Amusement & Theme Park, Park)
3918526 yards to the southeast.
- The Village Butty - a floating community hall (Performance & Event Venue)
505 yards to the southeast.