Greenham Lock No 86
This is a lock with a rise of 6f11.
|Winding Hole above Ham Mills Lock||3¾ furlongs|
|Ham Manor Marina||3¼ furlongs|
|Whitehouse Bridge No 53||1¾ furlongs|
|Winding Hole below Greenham Lock||¼ furlongs|
|Gould Close Arm||¼ furlongs|
|Greenham Lock No 86|
|Greenham Bridge No 56||1 furlong|
|Mill Lane Wharf||2 furlongs|
|Mill Lane Arm||2¾ furlongs|
|A339 Road Bridge No 58||3 furlongs|
|Newbury Wharf||3½ furlongs|
Copyright: Rob Dean
Taken: 23 August 2004
Under the bridge on the right is Greenham marina and dry dock
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of High Bridge Reading
Nearest rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of High Bridge Reading
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of High Bridge Reading On this waterway in the direction of High Bridge Reading Travel to Northcroft Lane Arm, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Station Road Bridge No 83
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Northcroft Lane Arm, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Station Road Bridge No 83
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Greenham Lock
Greenham Lock is a lock on the Kennet and Avon Canal, at Newbury, Berkshire, England.
Greenham Lock was built between 1718 and 1723 under the supervision of the engineer John Hore of Newbury. The canal is administered by the Canal & River Trust. The lock has a rise/fall of 8 ft 11 in (2.72 m).
- Kennet and Avon Canal (City, Lake)
75149 yards to the west.
- Shaolin Tigers Newbury Muay Thai (Personal Trainer)
255 yards to the southeast.
- BstFitness Newbury (Public Swimming Pool)
799 yards to the west.
- The Lion Newbury (Arts & Entertainment, Bar)
1115 yards to the west.
- Detail My Car (Automotive Customization Shop, Car Dealership)
500 yards to the south.
- The Living Rainforest - check-in (Landmark & Historical Place)
11913 yards to the northeast.
- Nelsons Diner Newbury (Burger Restaurant, Diner)
993 yards to the southwest.
- Cheeni (AdvertisingMarketing)
498 yards to the southwest.
- King Charles Tavern (Restaurant)
868 yards to the southwest.
- 7Bone Burger Co (Diner, American Restaurant)
910 yards to the west.
- The Elephant at the Market (British Restaurant, Bar)
855 yards to the west.
- Newbury Racecourse (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
852 yards to the southeast.
- Tesco (Convenience Store, Shopping & Retail)
256 yards to the east.
- West Berkshire (County, Region)
890 yards to the west.
- The Dry Dock Company (Local Business)
43 yards to the north.