Hungerford Marsh Lock No 73
There is a swing bridge here.
This is a lock with a rise of 8f1.
|Station Road Bridge No 83||7¼ furlongs|
|Winding Hole above Station Road Bridge||7 furlongs|
|Hungerford Town Bridge||6¼ furlongs|
|Hungerford Lock No 74||5¼ furlongs|
|Hungerford Church Bridge No 85||3¾ furlongs|
|Hungerford Marsh Lock No 73|
|Cobbler's Lock Footbridge No 87||2¼ furlongs|
|Cobbler's Lock No 72||2½ furlongs|
|Dun Aqueduct||2¾ furlongs|
|Picketfield Footbridge No 88||4¼ furlongs|
|Picketfield Railway Bridge||4¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Northcroft Lane Arm
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Northcroft Lane Arm Travel to Northcroft Lane Arm, then on the River Kennet to Ham Manor Marina On this waterway in the direction of River Avon Junction Travel to Northcroft Lane Arm, then on the River Kennet to Aldermaston Lock No 95
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Northcroft Lane Arm On this waterway in the direction of River Avon Junction
Wikipedia has a page about Hungerford Marsh Lock
Hungerford Marsh Lock is a lock on the Kennet and Avon Canal, at Hungerford, Berkshire, England.
Hungerford Marsh Lock was built between 1718 and 1723 under the supervision of the engineer John Hore of Newbury. The canal is administered by the Canal & River Trust. The lock has a rise/fall of 8 ft 1 in (2.46 m).
This lock is unique compared to others on the Kennet & Avon canal in that it has a swing bridge directly over the centre of the lock that must be opened before the lock may be used.
- Kennet and Avon Canal (City, Lake)
58574 yards to the west.
- John O'Gaunt Freehouse Hungerford (Pub)
1450 yards to the east.
- The Hungerford Arms (Beer Garden)
1284 yards to the east.
- Eliane of Hungerford (Coffee Shop)
1257 yards to the east.
- Hungerford Arcade Antiques & Collectables (Arts & Entertainment)
1253 yards to the east.
- The Tutti Pole (Tea Room, Family Style Restaurant)
1336 yards to the east.
- Eden Coffee Shop (Restaurant, Cupcake Shop)
1321 yards to the east.
- Peter Stirland Ltd Ford Dealership (Car Dealership)
1421 yards to the east.
- Moonlight Indian Restaurant & Takeaway (Fast Food Restaurant)
1240 yards to the east.
- Herongate Leisure (Public Swimming Pool, Restaurant)
1226 yards to the northeast.
- Hungerford Tennis Club (Tennis Court)
1094 yards to the east.
- The Bear Hotel Hungerford (Performance & Event Venue, Restaurant)
1488 yards to the east.
- The Three Swans Hotel, Hungerford (British Restaurant, Coffee Shop)
1287 yards to the east.
- The Town Hall - Hungerford (Performance & Event Venue, Community Organization)
1258 yards to the east.
- Oil Gallery (Art)
1467 yards to the east.
- Cobbs Farm Shop (Sports & Recreation)
724 yards to the west.
- Perfectly Posh Hair (Makeup Artist)
1237 yards to the east.