Facilities: rubbish disposal and toilets.
This is a lock with a rise of 4f9.
|Marker place "!28dl"||3½ furlongs|
|Marker place "!28dm"||2¾ furlongs|
|Bray Mill Weir Entrance||2¾ furlongs|
|Headpile Eyot||1½ furlongs|
|Bray Lock Weir Entrance||¾ furlongs|
|Bray Lock Weir Exit||¼ furlongs|
|New Thames Motorway Bridge||1¾ furlongs|
|Monkey Island||3½ furlongs|
|Summerleaze Footbridge||5 furlongs|
|Thames - The Cut Junction||5¼ furlongs|
Copyright: Chris Houston
Taken: 6 August 2005
This photo was taken while I was on a trip on my own from Maidenhead down to Windsor and back.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit On this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Bray Lock
Bray Lock is a lock and weir on the River Thames in England near Bray and Dorney Reach, and is just above the M4 Bridge across the Thames. The lock is on the Buckinghamshire side of the river on the opposite bank from Bray itself and Maidenhead which are in Berkshire. Here, the county line stands roughly halfway between the lock and the opposite bank, following the course of the Thames itself. The pound lock was built by the Thames Navigation Commission relatively late in 1845 The lock keeper's cottage is on an island (Parting Eyot) between the lock and the weir.
The weir is almost level with the lock and runs straight across to the opposite bank from the other side of the lock island.
- The Crown at Bray (Pub)
918 yards to the west.
- The Hind's Head, Bray (Cocktail Bar)
924 yards to the west.
- Miller and Carter Steakhouse Taplow (Steakhouse, American Restaurant)
1609 yards to the north.
- Wakeplus (Sports & Fitness Instruction, Landmark & Historical Place)
1370 yards to the north.
- Bray Cruiser Club (Social Club)
760 yards to the south.
- Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom (Landmark & Historical Place)
6166861 yards to the west.
- The Oracle (Shopping Mall)
22333 yards to the west.
- Taplow Lake (Landmark & Historical Place, Sports & Recreation)
156 yards to the north.
- Bray Lake Open Water Swimming (Sports Club, Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
1172 yards to the south.
- Riverside Marquee (Performance & Event Venue)
635 yards to the southeast.
- Oldfield Primary School (Public & Government Service)
1457 yards to the northwest.
- Amerden Caravan and Camping Park (Campground, Sports & Recreation)
299 yards to the east.
- Riverside Brasserie (Food & Beverage Company)
760 yards to the south.
- Advantage Events (Event Planner)
112 yards to the southwest.
- Bray (Berkshire) (Travel & Transportation, City)
813 yards to the west.
- M4 motorway (Region, City)
111357 yards to the west.
- Dorney Village Hall (Public & Government Service, Performance & Event Venue)
768 yards to the east.
- Dorney Lake (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue, Lake)
3952 yards to the southeast.
- Lake House Café (Lake, Restaurant)
1378 yards to the north.
- Queen's Eyot (Island, Event Planner)
1491 yards to the southeast.
- Bray Village Hall (Bar)
893 yards to the west.