Weston Lock No 6
This is a lock with a rise of 9f3.
|Marker place "!5uic"||3¾ furlongs|
|Fielding's Road Footbridge||3 furlongs|
|Weston Lock Weir Entrance||2¾ furlongs|
|Marker place "!5uid"||2 furlongs|
|Brassmill Lane Bridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Weston Lock No 6|
|Weston Lock Weir Exit||½ furlongs|
|Marker place "!5uie"||¾ furlongs|
|Marker place "!5uif"||1 furlong|
|Marker place "!5uig"||1¾ furlongs|
|Marker place "!5uih"||2 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Somerset Coal Canal Junction Travel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Weston Lock
Weston Lock is a canal lock situated on the River Avon, on the western outskirts of Bath, England, in what now forms the Newbridge suburb of Bath.
The Bristol Avon Navigation, which runs the 15 miles (24 km) from the Kennet and Avon Canal at Hanham Lock to the Bristol Channel at Avonmouth, was constructed between 1724 and 1727, following legislation passed by Queen Anne, by a company of proprietors and the engineer John Hore of Newbury. The first cargo of 'Deal boards, Pig-Lead and Meal' arrived in Bath in December 1727. The navigation is now administered by the Canal & River Trust.
Weston cut is a man made channel, opened in 1727, for boats to approach and pass through Weston lock, which created an island between the cut and the river weir, which became known as Dutch Island named after the owner of the brass mill established on the river side in the early 18th century.
The Dolphin Inn next to the lock was built for bargees in 1728. It is a Grade II listed building.
- Pure Twerton Mill Student Accommodation (Community Organization)
327 yards to the southeast.
- The Locksbrook Inn (Gastropub)
254 yards to the east.
- Yama Yoga Hub (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
1588 yards to the east.
- Archway Cafe (Fast Food Restaurant)
518 yards to the southeast.
- Jimmer,s Barbershop. (Hair Salon)
328 yards to the south.
- Aquae Sulis Guest House (Hotel)
579 yards to the north.
- Cranleigh, Bath (Hotel)
677 yards to the north.
- Stage 2 Studios (Performance & Event Venue)
465 yards to the northwest.
- Bath Maternity (Hospital)
951 yards to the north.
- Whiteway (Arts & Entertainment)
1238 yards to the south.
- The Bertinet Bakery (Shopping & Retail)
2828 yards to the east.
- Bath Marina and Caravan Park (Travel & Transportation, Campground)
939 yards to the northwest.
- RUH Bath (Emergency Rescue Service, Medical Company)
1142 yards to the north.
- Bath Mill Lodge Retreat (Vacation Home Rental)
553 yards to the west.
- HomeX (Residence, Shopping & Retail)
852 yards to the southwest.
- The Bath Priory (British Restaurant)
1429 yards to the northeast.
- Body Development (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
1172 yards to the east.
- Haycombe Cemetery & Crematorium (Cemetery, Local Service)
1543 yards to the south.
- First Bath Bus depot (Automotive, Aircraft & Boat, Tour Agency)
278 yards to the east.
- Fit Guru Gym & Physio Clinic (Medical & Health)
397 yards to the southeast.
- Funky Monkey Studio (Circus)
1607 yards to the east.