Bell Weir Lock
Facilities: rubbish disposal and toilets.
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Mainline railway stations (5¾ furlongs away)
This is a lock with a rise of 5f0.
|Marker place "!26du"||4½ furlongs|
|The Island, Hythe End||4¼ furlongs|
|Marker place "!26dv"||3¾ furlongs|
|Bell Weir Boats||3 furlongs|
|Bell Weir Lock Weir Entrance||1 furlong|
|Bell Weir Lock|
|Bell Weir Lock Weir Exit||¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Colne Brook Junction||1¼ furlongs|
|Runnymede Motorway Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Holm Island||3½ furlongs|
|Hollyhock Island||4¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at:
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Bell Weir Lock
Bell Weir Lock is a lock on the River Thames in England situated on the Surrey bank near Egham. It is just upstream of the M25 Runnymede Bridge which carries the M25 and A30 road across the river. The lock was first built by the Thames Navigation Commission in 1817.
The weir is just a short distance upstream above the island.
- Runnymede Hotell & Spa (Beauty, Cosmetic & Personal Care)
96 yards to the southwest.
- Bar 163 Egham (Wine Bar, Bar & Grill)
1093 yards to the southwest.
- Eggham On Toast (Restaurant, Coffee Shop)
904 yards to the southwest.
- Eat Thai (Asian Restaurant)
941 yards to the southwest.
- The spa at the runnymede-on-thames (Hotel)
77 yards to the south.
- Lammas Recreation Grounds (Sports & Recreation, Parking Garage Lot)
1200 yards to the east.
- Runnymede Pleasure Gardens (Park)
1039 yards to the northwest.
- Strode's College (Landmark & Historical Place)
1132 yards to the southwest.
- The Red Lion (Restaurant, Pub)
1087 yards to the southwest.
- Egham railway station (Railroad Company, Landmark & Historical Place)
1236 yards to the southwest.
- The Italian Concept (Family Style Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
796 yards to the west.
- Bell Weir Lock (Sports & Recreation)
15 yards to the south.
- Saw – The Ride (Fairground)
4776 yards to the southeast.
- North Terminal - Gatwick Airport (Airport)
43525 yards to the southeast.
- Burger King Egham (Fast Food Restaurant)
374 yards to the south.
- M25 Runnymede Bridge (Landmark & Historical Place)
261 yards to the southeast.
- World Duty Free (Discount Store, Department Store)
606401 yards to the northwest.
- The Runnymede on Thames (Health Spa, Restaurant)
71 yards to the south.
- Leftbank (Restaurant)
131 yards to the south.