Bridge No 53
There may be access to the towpath here.
If you know about towpath access here please log on and use "Edit Place" from the "Edit and Change" menu item to improve the data.
There is a bridge here which takes a minor road over the canal.
|Waterside Café||½ furlongs|
|The Boat Inn (Stoke Bruerne)||½ furlongs|
|Stoke Bruerne and Waterways Museum||½ furlongs|
|Spice Of Bruerne||¼ furlongs|
|Stoke Bruerne Top Lock No 14||¼ furlongs|
|Bridge No 53|
|The Navigation PH (Stoke Bruerne)||¼ furlongs|
|Stoke Bruerne Lock No 15||¾ furlongs|
|Stoke Bruerne Coal Pits Nature Reserve||1¼ furlongs|
|Stoke Bruerne Visitor Moorings (Between Locks)||1½ furlongs|
|Stoke Bruerne Lock No 16||3 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- THE GRAND JUNCTION CANAL - a highway laid with water.
- An account of the Grand Junction Canal, 1792 - 1928, with a postscript. By Ian Petticrew and Wendy Austin.
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-out
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
chemical toilet disposal
place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Bridge
A bridge is a structure built to span physical obstacles without closing the way underneath such as a body of water, valley, or road, for the purpose of providing passage over the obstacle. There are many different designs that each serve a particular purpose and apply to different situations. Designs of bridges vary depending on the function of the bridge, the nature of the terrain where the bridge is constructed and anchored, the material used to make it, and the funds available to build it.
- Open Mic Night - Hosted by Ash Tu-kay (Event)
78 yards to the northwest.
- The Canal Museum (History Museum, Travel & Transportation)
163 yards to the northwest.
- Spice Of Bruerne (Indian Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
916 yards to the west.
- The Boat Inn - Stoke Bruerne (British Restaurant, Pub)
62 yards to the northwest.
- The Navigation Inn (Pub, Bar & Grill)
65 yards to the southeast.
- Woodwards Restaurant (Fast Food Restaurant)
84 yards to the west.
- ROOKERY OPEN FARM (Farm, Playground)
455 yards to the northeast.
- Stoke Bruerne CC (Recreation & Fitness)
458 yards to the northeast.
- Waterside Cafe (Coffee Shop)
161 yards to the north.
- Rockery Farm (Region)
402 yards to the northeast.
- Heart of the Shires (Shopping Mall)
773 yards to the east.
- Twosmokemxbreakers Micky (Automotive, Bicycle Shop, ShoppingRetail)
253 yards to the northeast.
- Illusion Race Paint (Automotive Repair Shop, Local Service)
1281 yards to the south.
- A B Caravan Storage (Storage Facility)
1138 yards to the northwest.
- Holly's Hot Cakes (Bakery, Cupcake Shop)
916 yards to the west.
- Stoke Bruern railway station (Train Station)
1131 yards to the northwest.
- Topiary Design-led Gifts (Gift Shop)
173 yards to the north.
- Stillpacas (Performance & Sports Venue)
1620 yards to the northwest.