Tower Bridge No 47
There may be access to the towpath here.
If you know about towpath access here please log on and use "Edit Place" from the "Edit and Change" menu item to improve the data.
|Llantysilio Bridge No 49||7¼ furlongs|
|Ty Craig Bridge No 48A||6 furlongs|
|Pentrefelin Aqueduct||4 furlongs|
|Llangollen Motor Museum||3¾ furlongs|
|Pentre-Felin Bridge No 48||3 furlongs|
|Tower Bridge No 47|
|Pen-y-ddol Bridge No 46||1¾ furlongs|
|Llangollen Pavilion||2¾ furlongs|
|Llangollen Basin||3¼ furlongs|
|Llangollen Wharf||4¼ furlongs|
|Siambr Bridge No 45||4½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Hurleston Junction On this waterway in the direction of Hurleston Junction
Nearest rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Hurleston Junction On this waterway in the direction of Hurleston Junction
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Hurleston Junction On this waterway in the direction of Hurleston Junction
Nearest place to turnOn this waterway in the direction of Hurleston Junction
Nearest boatyard pump-out
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Tower Bridge
Tower Bridge is a combined bascule and suspension bridge in London built in 1886–1894. The bridge crosses the River Thames close to the Tower of London and has become an iconic symbol of London. Tower Bridge is one of five London bridges now owned and maintained by the Bridge House Estates, a charitable trust overseen by the City of London Corporation. It is the only one of the Trust's bridges not to connect the City of London directly to the Southwark bank, as its northern landfall is in Tower Hamlets.
The bridge consists of two bridge towers tied together at the upper level by two horizontal walkways, designed to withstand the horizontal tension forces exerted by the suspended sections of the bridge on the landward sides of the towers. The vertical components of the forces in the suspended sections and the vertical reactions of the two walkways are carried by the two robust towers. The bascule pivots and operating machinery are housed in the base of each tower. The bridge's present colour scheme dates from 1977, when it was painted red, white and blue for Queen Elizabeth II's Silver Jubilee.
The bridge deck is freely accessible to both vehicles and pedestrians, whereas the bridge's twin towers, high-level walkways and Victorian engine rooms form part of the Tower Bridge Exhibition, for which an admission charge is made. The nearest London Underground tube stations are Tower Hill on the Circle and District lines, London Bridge on the Jubilee and Northern lines and Bermondsey on the Jubilee line, and the nearest Docklands Light Railway station is Tower Gateway. The nearest National Rail stations are at Fenchurch Street and London Bridge.
- Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod (Event, Arts & Entertainment)
573 to the southeast.
- Castell Dinas Brân (Historical Place)
1299 to the east.
- Whitewater Active (Recreation & Fitness)
1185 to the southeast.
- The Legendary Llangollen Faery Festival (Event)
585 to the southeast.
- Wales International Balloon Festival (Event, Hot Air Balloon Tour Agency)
772 to the southeast.
- The Carriage Tearooms (Tea Room, Coffee Shop)
276 to the north.
- Flavours (Hot Dog Joint, Ice Cream Shop)
276 to the north.
- Llangollen Canal (Tour Agency)
854 to the southeast.
- Elegance Spa (Spa)
633 to the south.
- BULL INN (Pub)
1065 to the southeast.
- Horseshoe Falls (Wales) (National Park)
1314 to the west.
- Abbey Farm, Llangolen (Region)
1438 to the northwest.
- Whitewaters Country Hotel, Llangollen (Hotel)
266 to the west.
- Star Inn (Fast Food Restaurant)
1450 to the southeast.
- The Wild Pheasant Hotel (Hotel)
486 to the south.
- The Corn Mill (Gastropub, British Restaurant)
1006 to the southeast.
- Mile End Mill (River)
213 to the southwest.
- Langollen, Wales (Business Service)
1070 to the southeast.
- Chatwins (Bakery)
1125 to the southeast.
- Chainbridge Hotel & Spa (Hotel)
1094 to the west.
- Bridge End Hotel (Hotel)
978 to the southeast.
- Riverside Park, Llangollen. (Park)
928 to the south.
- Dee Side Cafe (Bar & Grill)
982 to the southeast.
- Llangollen Park (Park)
930 to the south.
- Dee Side Cafe Bistro (Restaurant, Coffee Shop)
1011 to the southeast.
- Bensons (Bar)
1051 to the southeast.
- Headlands Nursing Home (Nursing Home)
122 to the southeast.
- Thomas The Tank Engine At Llangollen (Museum)
953 to the southeast.
- Royal Hotel (Hotel)
1032 to the southeast.
- Llangollen Canal Walk (Travel & Transportation)
155 to the south.
- Royal International Pavilion (Performance & Sports Venue)
572 to the southeast.
- Llangollen Horse Drawn Boat Trips (Travel & Transportation)
887 to the southeast.
- White Waters Llangollen (Bar)
339 to the west.
- Llangollen Railway (Train Station)
1274 to the southwest.
- Valle Crucis Abbey (Historical Place)
1266 to the north.
- Llangollen Outdoors (Recreation & Fitness, Performance & Sports Venue)
1024 to the southeast.
- Llangollen Motor Museum (History Museum)
735 to the northwest.
- Berwyn railway station (Train Station)
1117 to the west.