Tower Bridge No 47
Abbey Road (A542)
|The Chainbridge Hotel Footbridge No 2||7¾ furlongs|
|The Chainbridge Hotel Footbridge No 1||7½ furlongs|
|Ty Craig Bridge No 48A||6 furlongs|
|Pentrefelin Aqueduct||4 furlongs|
|Pentre-Felin Bridge No 48||3 furlongs|
|Tower Bridge No 47|
|Pen-y-ddol Bridge No 46||1¾ furlongs|
|Llangollen Basin||3¼ furlongs|
|Llangollen Wharf||4¼ furlongs|
|Siambr Bridge No 45||4½ furlongs|
|Second Narrow Section||5½ furlongs|
- R3 Safety & Rescue (Education)
291 yards to the west.
- Berwyn railway station (Train Station)
1220 yards to the west.
- Llangollen railway station (Train Station)
974 yards to the southeast.
- Whitewater Active (Outdoor Recreation, Rafting, Rock Climbing)
1296 yards to the southeast.
- Dragons den llangollen (Internet Cafe, Book Store, Playground)
1212 yards to the southeast.
- Llangollen Canal (Landmark)
934 yards to the southeast.
- Llangollen Railway (Tourist Attraction)
1393 yards to the southwest.
- RAFA Club Llangollen (Sports & Recreation)
863 yards to the southeast.
- Simla Restaurant (Restaurant)
1345 yards to the southeast.
- Gradient Food Llangollen (Coffee Shop, Salad Bar, Sandwich Shop)
1261 yards to the southeast.
- Valle Crucis Abbey (Tourist Attraction)
1383 yards to the north.
- Llangollen Motor Museum (Museum)
799 yards to the northwest.
- Horseshoe Falls (Wales) (Landmark)
1523 yards to the west.
- LL Tiling (Contractor)
1617 yards to the southeast.
- Llangollen Outdoors (Travel Agency)
274 yards to the southwest.
- The Hand Hotel - Llangollen (Restaurant)
1282 yards to the southeast.
- Llangollen Steam Railway (Arts & Entertainment, Public Transportation, Railroad)
1025 yards to the southeast.
- Llangollen Town Hall (Community & Government, Event Venue)
1194 yards to the southeast.
- Riverside Park (Park, Miniature Golf)
1006 yards to the south.
- The Four Poster (Residence & Other)
1136 yards to the southeast.
- Headlands Nursing Home (Nursing Home)
164 yards to the southeast.
- Llangollen Pavilion (Concert Venue, Restaurant, Event Planning)
644 yards to the southeast.
- The ManorHaus (Lodging)
1385 yards to the southeast.
- Llangollen Eisteddfod (Arts & Entertainment)
560 yards to the south.
- Llangollen Leisure Centre (Restaurant)
866 yards to the southeast.
- Castell Dinas Brân (Tours & Sightseeing, Tourist Attraction)
1468 yards to the east.
Wikipedia has a page about Tower Bridge
Tower Bridge (built 1886–1894) is a combined bascule and suspension bridge in London which crosses the River Thames. It is close to the Tower of London, from which it takes its name, and has become an iconic symbol of London.
The bridge consists of two bridge towers tied together at the upper level by means of two horizontal walkways, designed to withstand the horizontal forces exerted by the suspended sections of the bridge on the landward sides of the towers. The vertical component of the forces in the suspended sections and the vertical reactions of the two walkways are carried by the two robust towers. The bascule pivots and operating machinery are housed in the base of each tower. The bridge's present colour scheme dates from 1977, when it was painted red, white and blue for Queen Elizabeth II's silver jubilee. Originally it was painted a mid greenish-blue colour.
The nearest London Underground tube stations are Tower Hill on the Circle and District line, London Bridge and Bermondsey, and the nearest Docklands Light Railway station is Tower Gateway.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or