Tower Bridge No 47
Abbey Road (A542)
|The Chainbridge Hotel Footbridge No 2||7¾ furlongs|
|The Chainbridge Hotel Footbridge No 1||7½ furlongs|
|Ty Craig Bridge No 48A||6 furlongs|
|Pentrefelin Aqueduct||4 furlongs|
|Pentre-Felin Bridge No 48||3 furlongs|
|Tower Bridge No 47|
|Pen-y-ddol Bridge No 46||1¾ furlongs|
|Llangollen Wharf||3¼ furlongs|
|Siambr Bridge No 45||4½ furlongs|
|Second Narrow Section||5½ furlongs|
|First Narrow Section||1 mile, 1¾ furlongs|
- R3 Safety & Rescue (Education)
289 yards to the west.
- W J & R Thomas Building & Paving Contractors (Paving & Asphalt Service)
915 yards to the south.
- Llangollen railway station (Train Station)
1096 yards to the southeast.
- Finley's Newsagents, Sandwich Bar and General Store (Food & Grocery)
738 yards to the south.
- Llangollen Canal (Landmark)
934 yards to the southeast.
- Llangollen Railway (Tourist Attraction)
1393 yards to the southwest.
- Premier Cars (Llangollen & Chirk) Ltd (Taxi)
1033 yards to the southeast.
- RAFA Club Llangollen (Sports & Recreation)
863 yards to the southeast.
- Gales of Llangollen (Restaurant)
1228 yards to the southeast.
- Castell Dinas Bran (Tourist Attraction, Tours & Sightseeing)
1437 yards to the east.
- The Dee River Festival (Event Planning)
755 yards to the south.
- The Hand Hotel - Llangollen (Restaurant)
1288 yards to the southeast.
- Bright Sparks Firework Displays Ltd (Arts & Entertainment)
1172 yards to the southeast.
- Wild Pheasant Hotel (Hotel)
549 yards to the south.
- Llangollen Town Centre (City, Restaurant, Neighborhood)
1118 yards to the southeast.
- The Corn Mill (Bar)
1062 yards to the southeast.
- Dee Side Caffe Bistro (Restaurant)
1078 yards to the southeast.
- Bridge End Hotel (Hotel, Pub)
1068 yards to the southeast.
- Llangollen village, North Wales (City)
1204 yards to the southeast.
- Royal Hotel (Hotel)
1142 yards to the southeast.
- Llangollen Leisure Centre (Restaurant)
872 yards to the southeast.
- Llangollen Pavilion (Concert Venue, Restaurant, Event Venue)
662 yards to the southeast.
- Bridgend Hotel, Llangollen. (Bar, Restaurant)
1065 yards to the southeast.
- The Bull Inn Llangollen (Restaurant)
1201 yards to the southeast.
- Fouzi's Cafe Bar Llangollen (Restaurant, Bar)
1121 yards to the southeast.
- Riverside Park (Park, Miniature Golf)
998 yards to the south.
- Llangollen Wharf (Restaurant)
977 yards to the southeast.
- Abbey Farm Caravan Park (RV Park, Campground)
1580 yards to the northwest.
- The ManorHaus (Lodging)
1344 yards to the southeast.
- Llangollen Town Hall (Community & Government, Event Venue, Restaurant)
1194 yards to the southeast.
- Whitewater Active (Outdoor Recreation, Rafting, Rock Climbing)
1039 yards to the southeast.
Wikipedia has a page about Tower Bridge
Tower Bridge (built 1886–1894) is a combined bascule and suspension bridge in London which crosses the River Thames. It is close to the Tower of London, from which it takes its name, and has become an iconic symbol of London.
The bridge consists of two towers tied together at the upper level by means of two horizontal walkways, designed to withstand the horizontal forces exerted by the suspended sections of the bridge on the landward sides of the towers. The vertical component of the forces in the suspended sections and the vertical reactions of the two walkways are carried by the two robust towers. The bascule pivots and operating machinery are housed in the base of each tower. The bridge's present colour scheme dates from 1977, when it was painted red, white and blue for Queen Elizabeth II's silver jubilee. Originally it was painted a mid greenish-blue colour.
The nearest London Underground station is Tower Hill on the Circle and District lines, and the nearest Docklands Light Railway station is Tower Gateway.
Contrary to popular belief[according to whom?], the song "London Bridge Is Falling Down" has nothing to do with Tower Bridge, instead referring to the collapses of other various London Bridges.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or