These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Nantes
Nantes (French pronunciation: [nɑ̃t]) (Breton: Naoned, Gallo: Naunnt) is a city in western France, located on the Loire River, 50 km (31 mi) from the Atlantic coast. The city is the sixth largest in France, with a metropolitan area of about 900,000 inhabitants.
Nantes is the capital city of the Pays de la Loire region and the Loire-Atlantique département, and it is the largest city in traditional Brittany and in the whole Grand-Ouest (northwestern France). Together with Vannes, Rennes and Carhaix, it was one of the major cities of the historic province of Brittany and the ancient Duchy of Brittany. Nantes is still widely regarded as its capital city.
The Nantes Tramway opened in 1985, a reversal of the trend of tramway closures that had been going on since the middle of the 20th century. The tramway system is one of the largest and busiest in France. The city also has a Busway line, an innovative and notable bus rapid transit. Nantes is served by an international airport, Nantes Atlantique Airport and a major French railway station, the Gare de Nantes.
In 2004, Time named Nantes as "the most liveable city in Europe". In 2010, Nantes was named a hub city for innovation in the Innovation Cities Index by innovation agency 2thinknow. The city was ranked 36th globally from 289 cities and 4th overall in France, behind Paris, Lyon and Strasbourg for innovation across multiple sectors of the economy. As of 2013, Nantes holds the title of European Green Capital, awarded by the European Commission for its efforts to reduce air pollution and CO2 emissions, for its high-quality and well-managed public transport system, and for its biodiversity with 3,366 hectares of green spaces and several Natura 2000 zones which guarantee protection of nature in the area.
Euronantes is the city's central business district, which is currently in development near Gare de Nantes and on Île de Nantes, offering by 2015 500,000 square metres of office space, retail space and upscale hotels. The district is served by Busway line 4 at Cité Internationale des congrès et Tripode stations.
In 2012, Nantes was classified as a global city by the GAMMA GaWC ranking of Loughborough University in England. Nantes is the fourth highest-ranked French city (behind Paris, Lyon and Marseille) according to its classification. Nantes was ranked ahead of cities such as Porto, Florence, New Orleans, Hanover, and Genoa.
- Brady's Nantes (Irish Restaurant, Gastropub)
845 to the northwest.
- La Taverne Royale (Restaurant)
1489 to the west.
- La Passerelle de MARCEL - Vincent BRACIGLIANO (Brewery, Restaurant)
154 to the north.
- Robin's . Fabrique sucré-salé (Dessert Place)
1092 to the west.
- Les Fils à Maman Nantes (French Restaurant, Family Style Restaurant, Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant)
1312 to the west.
- Gaston Brasserie (Cafe, Brewery)
1124 to the northwest.
- La récré (French Restaurant)
648 to the west.
- The Shelter (Brewery, Restaurant)
1469 to the northwest.
- Papy Mougeot (French Restaurant, Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant)
1091 to the west.
- JAPAN N CO (Japanese Restaurant, Korean Restaurant)
786 to the south.
- Les Frères Toqués Vignes Du Bouffay (French Restaurant)
1266 to the west.
- Le Mont fleury (Restaurant, Concert Venue)
1429 to the southwest.
- Le Select (Restaurant, Brewery)
1174 to the northwest.
- JAB'S Burger (Fast Food Restaurant)
384 to the south.
- Centre Hospitalier Vétérinaire Atlantia officiel (Veterinarian, Hospital)
347 to the southeast.
- Comme Paulette (Women's Clothing Store)
1320 to the northwest.
- Pépette (Vintage Store, Accessories Store)
1203 to the west.
- Château des ducs de Bretagne (officiel) (Museum, Region)
961 to the northwest.
- Gigg's Irish Pub (Pub, Irish Restaurant)
1222 to the northwest.
- Les Fleurs du Malt le Bar Nantes (Pub)
831 to the northwest.
- Gare de Nantes (Train Station)
690 to the north.
- Seven Urban Suites Nantes Centre (Spa)
377 to the south.
- Sophie Bakery (Cupcake Shop, Bakery)
1163 to the northwest.
- Palais des Sports de Beaulieu (Gym)
263 to the southeast.
- Gare De Nantes Sud (Train Station)
1117 to the northeast.
- Nantes Cathedral (Catholic Church, Landmark)
1172 to the northwest.
- La Cantine Du Curé. (French Restaurant)
1234 to the northwest.
- Stade Marcel Saupin (Event Venue)
162 to the north.
- Cité Internationale des Congrés (Travel & Transportation)
464 to the northwest.
- OKKO HOTELS Nantes Château (Hotel)
1124 to the northwest.
- La Vespa Des Carmes (Restaurant)
1343 to the northwest.
- Jardin des plantes de Nantes (Park)
968 to the north.
- Franta Nantes (Outdoors, Region)
600 to the west.
- TGV Nantes-Paris (Train Station)
717 to the north.
- Nantes Centre (Outdoors)
617 to the southeast.
- Big Fernand (French Restaurant)
1326 to the west.
- Resto Chez Maman (Restaurant)
1149 to the northwest.
- Château Duc De Bretagne (History Museum)
1032 to the northwest.
- Mercure Nantes Centre Grand Hôtel (Hotel)
1408 to the west.
- Place du Bouffay (Public Square)
1143 to the west.