Facilities: water (cans only).
This is a lock with a rise of 4f1.
|Pinkhill Lock||3 miles, 5½ furlongs|
|Pinkhill Lock Weir Entrance||3 miles, 4¾ furlongs|
|Bablock Hythe Ferry||1 mile, 4½ furlongs|
|Moorings above Bablock Hythe Ferry||1 mile, 3¾ furlongs|
|Northmoor Lock Weir Exit||¼ furlongs|
|Northmoor Lock Weir Entrance||¼ furlongs|
|Hart's Weir Footbridge||1 mile, 1 furlong|
|Newbridge||2 miles, 2¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Windrush Junction||2 miles, 2¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Great Brook Junction||4 miles, 5 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- Barefoot Campsites (Campground)
109 to the southeast.
- The Red Lion at Northmoor (Pub)
1347 to the northwest.
- The Plough Inn (Bar, Pub)
1287 to the southeast.
- Barefoot Campsite, Oxford (Camp)
1346 to the northwest.
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
Nearest Rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge Travel to Duke's Cut Junction, then on the Oxford Canal (Duke's Cut) to Wolvercote Junction, then on the Oxford Canal (Southern Section - Main Line) to Wolvercote Sanitary Station
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge Travel to Duke's Cut Junction, then on the Oxford Canal (Duke's Cut) to Wolvercote Junction, then on the Oxford Canal (Southern Section - Main Line) to Wolvercote Sanitary Station
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Northmoor Lock
Northmoor Lock is a lock on the River Thames in Oxfordshire, England, on the northern bank about a mile from Northmoor.
The lock was built in 1896 by the Thames Conservancy to replace a flash lock at Hart's Weir, also known as Ridge's Weir, about a mile upstream and another at Ark Weir downstream. The lock house, lock and weir are relatively little changed since they were built and they can be viewed as a group from the Thames Path and from the river
The weir is just the other side of the lock island and is one of only two remaining complete paddle and rhymer (or rimer) manually operated weirs. It is thought that there are no other such weirs in the world.