Town Lock No 15
Copyright: Michael Askin
Taken: 15 May 2007
The navigation leaves the river at this point. The river is navigable beyond the bridge for some way, but only suitable for small boats. There is a sand bank in the middle of the pool, and you have to turn sharply back on yourself to enter the lock.
This is a lock with a rise of 5f6.
|Thames - Wey Junction||7¼ furlongs|
|Five Ways Junction||6¼ furlongs|
|Thames Lock No 16||4¾ furlongs|
|Weybridge Road Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Town Lock Weir Exit||¼ furlongs|
|Town Lock No 15|
|Black Boy Bridge||2 furlongs|
|Coxes Railway Bridge||4¾ furlongs|
|Coxes Lock No 14||5¼ furlongs|
|Byfleet Road Bridge||1 mile, 3¼ furlongs|
- Weybridge railway station (Train Station)
1410 yards to the southeast.
- Addlestone railway station (Train Station)
1309 yards to the west.
- Lock Island (Landmark)
1372 yards to the northeast.
- Pharaoh's Island, River Thames (Landmark)
1333 yards to the north.
- Weybridge Town (Public Places & Attractions, Region)
817 yards to the east.
- Christ The Prince Of Peace (Church)
551 yards to the northeast.
- Churchfields Recreation Ground (Park)
630 yards to the east.
- Royal Caribbean International (Transportation Service, Corporate Office, Cruise)
1213 yards to the west.
- Weybridge Park (Playground)
668 yards to the east.
- Los Hermanos Tapas, Weybridge (Tapas Bar & Restaurant)
705 yards to the east.
- The Queen's Head, Weybridge (Food & Restaurant, Pub)
274 yards to the east.
- Weybridge Hall (City Hall)
483 yards to the east.
- St Charles Borromeo Catholic Primary School (School)
589 yards to the northeast.
- Toshiba Information Systems (Uk) (Electronics Store)
435 yards to the west.
- Coxes Lock (Public Places & Attractions)
948 yards to the southwest.
- Thames Court (Pub)
1389 yards to the north.
- Weybridge Walk in Centre (Doctor, Hospital)
534 yards to the east.
- Weybridge Train Station (Train Station)
1424 yards to the southeast.
- Nail Corner (Nail Salon)
258 yards to the east.
- South West Train (Train Station)
1400 yards to the southeast.
- Heathside School (Education)
861 yards to the south.
- St. James C Of E Primary School (School)
1463 yards to the east.
There is no page on Wikipedia called “Town Lock”
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or