Facilities: water (cans only).
This is a lock with a rise of 6f2.
|Thames - Thame Junction||2 miles, 7¾ furlongs|
|Shillingford Bridge Hotel||1 mile, 3¾ furlongs|
|Shillingford Bridge||1 mile, 3½ furlongs|
|Benson Hire Boats Yard||2¼ furlongs|
|Benson Lock Weir Entrance||1 furlong|
|Benson Lock Weir Exit||1 furlong|
|Wallingford Bridge||1 mile, 2¼ furlongs|
|Winterbrook Bridge||2 miles, 1¼ furlongs|
|Moulsford Railway Bridge||4 miles, 3¾ furlongs|
|The Beetle and Wedge Hotel||5 miles, 1 furlong|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- Chapel Lane Hair & Beauty (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
727 to the northeast.
- Beau by Caitlin (Beauty Salon)
443 to the northeast.
- Barber Blackmore (Barber Shop, Hair Salon)
769 to the northeast.
- Benson River (Outdoors)
240 to the north.
- Benson Riverside Cafe (Cafe)
310 to the north.
- Benson Village (Outdoors)
686 to the northeast.
- Benson Waterfront Riverside Park (Park)
322 to the north.
- Benson Marina (Outdoors)
318 to the north.
- Tali Simone (Entertainer)
1094 to the northeast.
- Benson Parish Hall (Event Planning, Arts & Entertainment)
876 to the northeast.
- Eagle Plastering & Home Improvements (Kitchen Construction, Construction Service & Supply, Contractor)
1085 to the northeast.
- Tasha's Dog Days (Dog Walker, House Sitter, Pet Sitter)
1407 to the northeast.
- Millstream Pilates (Yoga & Pilates)
659 to the east.
- Gyrocopter Experience Oxford (Sports & Recreation)
970 to the northeast.
- Waterfront Cafe (Restaurant)
316 to the north.
- McDonalds Benson (Fast Food Restaurant)
681 to the north.
- Bob's Transport (Travel & Transportation)
568 to the northeast.
- Chiltern Seeds (Organization, Gardener)
417 to the southeast.
- Friends of Benson Library, Oxfordshire (Library)
568 to the northeast.
- Strawberry Change (Business Consultant)
545 to the north.
- Mobile Biz Sites (Web Design, Web Development)
1121 to the northeast.
- Benson Osteopathic Practice (Clinic)
737 to the northeast.
- Topgear ECO-tuning (Car Parts & Accessories)
1166 to the northeast.
- Mrs B Designs Ltd (Home)
780 to the northeast.
- The Mutt's Nuts (Men's Clothing Store)
858 to the east.
- Lindsay Punch Styling (Other)
1114 to the northeast.
- Derrys Den (Gift Shop)
756 to the northeast.
- A V Boats (Boat Rental)
1029 to the southeast.
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water point
Nearest Rubbish disposal
Nearest Chemical toilet disposal
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Benson Lock
Benson Lock is a lock on the River Thames in England, close to Benson, Oxfordshire but on the opposite bank of the river. The first pound lock here was built by the Thames Navigation Commission in 1788 and it was replaced by the present masonry lock in 1870. The distance between Benson Lock and Cleeve Lock downstream is 6.5 miles (10.4 km) - the longest distance between locks on the River Thames.
The weir runs from the lock island level with the lock across to the Benson side. There is a footbridge over the weir which replaced the ferry which operated here previously.