Lea Bridge No 18
Lea Bridge Road (A104)
This is a pinch point. The normal maximum dimensions for a boat on this waterway are 88 feet long, 15 feet and 9 inches wide, 9 feet high and 12 feet and 6 inches deep, but to pass through here the maximum dimensions are 8 feet high.
|Hackney Marsh Footbrige No 16||5¼ furlongs|
|Cow Bridge No 17||3½ furlongs|
|Hackney Marsh Cable Bridge||2¼ furlongs|
|Pond Lane Flood Gates No 18||1 furlong|
|Middlesex Filter Beds Weir||¼ furlongs|
|Lea Bridge No 18|
|Turnover Bridge No 19||1¼ furlongs|
|Ferry Railway Bridge No 19A||3¾ furlongs|
|Horseshoe Bridge No 20||6¾ furlongs|
|Springfield Marina (entrance No 1)||7 furlongs|
|Springfield Marina (entrance No 2)||7½ furlongs|
- Leyton Marsh (Park)
87 yards to the east.
- The Red House (Business Center)
87 yards to the east.
- South Millfields Recreation Ground (Park)
247 yards to the southwest.
- Fantasia Circus (Circus)
215 yards to the northeast.
- Clapton Park (Park)
1095 yards to the southeast.
- Upper Clapton London E5 (Auditorium)
883 yards to the west.
- Clapton Pond (Outdoors, Public Places & Attractions)
956 yards to the southwest.
- Elderfield Road (Borough)
996 yards to the south.
- Rossington Street (Outdoors)
1114 yards to the west.
- Springfield Park (Public Places & Attractions, Park)
1376 yards to the northwest.
- Fernbank Nursery School (School)
1492 yards to the west.
- Coopersale Road, Homerton (Residence & Other)
1453 yards to the south.
- Murder Mile Studio (Photographer, Movie & Television Studio, Event Venue)
618 yards to the northwest.
- Homerton University Hospital (Hospital)
1477 yards to the south.
- Walthamstow Marshes (Outdoors)
1073 yards to the north.
Wikipedia has a page about Lea Bridge
Lea Bridge is a district in the north-east of the London Borough of Hackney, bounded by Upper Clapton to the north, Lower Clapton to the south, and the River Lee Navigation to the east. On the other side of the bridge after which the area is named is Leyton in the London Borough of Waltham Forest.
The bridge gives its name to Lea Bridge Road and to wards in the boroughs of Hackney (Lea Bridge) and Waltham Forest (Lea Bridge).
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or