Lea Bridge No 18
This is a pinch point. The normal maximum dimensions for a boat on this waterway are 88 feet long, 15 feet and 9 inches wide, 9 feet high and 12 feet and 6 inches deep, but to pass through here the maximum dimensions are 8 feet high.
There may be access to the towpath here.
If you know about towpath access here please log on and use "Edit Place" from the "Edit and Change" menu item to improve the data.
There is a bridge here which takes a major road over the canal.
|Hackney Marsh Cable Bridge||2¼ furlongs|
|Pond Lane Bridge No 17A||1 furlong|
|Towpath Side Bridge No 17B||¾ furlongs|
|Lea Bridge Weir||¼ furlongs|
|The Princess Of Wales PH||a few yards|
|Lea Bridge No 18|
|Turnover Bridge No 19||1¾ furlongs|
|Ferry Railway Bridge No 19A||4¼ furlongs|
|The Anchor & Hope PH||4¾ furlongs|
|Horseshoe Bridge No 20||7 furlongs|
|Springfield Marina (entrance No 1)||7¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Head of Bow Locks
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Head of Bow Locks On this waterway in the direction of Waltham Town Lock No 11 On this waterway in the direction of Waltham Town Lock No 11 Travel to Hertford Union Canal Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Hertford Union Canal) to Hertford Union Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Regent's Canal) to Victoria Park Services
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Lea Bridge
Lea Bridge is a neighbourhood and electoral ward in the Clapton area of the London Borough of Hackney.
The area it takes its name from a bridge built over the River Lea in 1745, and the Lea Bridge Road which leads through the area and across the bridge. The bridge also gives its name to a ward in Waltham Forest (Lea Bridge) on the eastern, Leyton, bank of the river.
Within Hackney, Lea Bridge Road forms the customary boundary between Upper and Lower Clapton.
- The Social, London (Social Club, Barber Shop)
762 yards to the west.
- Khan g kebabish (Fast Food Restaurant)
65 yards to the northeast.
- Millfields Park (City)
424 yards to the west.
- Lee Valley Riding Centre (Recreation & Fitness, Pet)
526 yards to the northeast.
- Lea Valley Horse Riding Centre (Recreation & Fitness)
596 yards to the northeast.
- North Mill Fields Park (Park)
194 yards to the west.
- Mini Israel (Stamford Hill) (Art Museum)
1468 yards to the west.
- Dehavilland Studios (Photographer)
646 yards to the northwest.
- Middlesex Filter Bed Nature Reserve (Government Building)
163 yards to the southeast.
- Murder Mile Studio (MovieTelevision Studio, Photographer, Performance & Sports Venue)
606 yards to the northwest.
- Sodo (Pizza Place)
968 yards to the west.
- Riverside Close (Medical Service)
425 yards to the northwest.
- Harry Zeital Way (Landmark & Historical Place)
323 yards to the northwest.
- Lee Valley Park (Park, Arts & Entertainment)
252 yards to the northwest.
- Bates of London (Local Service)
988 yards to the north.
- Chatsworth Road E5 (Street, Shopping District, Market)
879 yards to the south.
- Crystal Rose Ambassador Hotel,ahodwo Kumasi (Hotel, Hotel Services Company)
1296 yards to the southwest.
- Springfield Park (Park)
1353 yards to the northwest.
- Homerton University Hospital (Landmark & Historical Place)
1435 yards to the south.
- Lakeside Shopping Centre , Essex (Shopping Mall)
1447 yards to the southwest.
- Kelechnekoff (GymPhysical Fitness Center, Personal Trainer, Dance Studio)
612 yards to the northwest.
- Hackney Police Station (Police Station)
1558 yards to the south.
- Middlesex Filter Beds - Nature Reserve (Park)
515 yards to the east.
- Leyton Jubilee Park (Park)
1584 yards to the east.
- The Princess of Wales (Pub)
8659 yards to the west.
- Homerton Hospital (HospitalClinic)
1599 yards to the south.
- DIY Thursdays (Arts & Entertainment, MusicianBand)
959 yards to the south.