Tottenham Lock No 17
Facilities: chemical toilet disposal and water point.
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Mainline railway stations (3, nearest is 3 miles and ½ furlongs away); Aliance and Leicester cashpoints (ATM machines) (1 mile and ¼ furlongs away); HSBC cashpoints (ATM machines) (5 furlongs away); Nationwide Building Society cashpoints (ATM machines) (2, nearest is 3 miles and 6¼ furlongs away); Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (5½ furlongs away)
This is a lock with a rise of 6f9.
|Markfield Railway Bridge No 22||4¼ furlongs|
|Tottenham Railway Bridge No 23||1½ furlongs|
|Maynard Reservoirs Pipe Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Tottenham Lock Weir Exit||¾ furlongs|
|Ferry Lane Bridge No 24||¼ furlongs|
|Tottenham Lock No 17|
|Lockwood Reservoir Pipe Bridge||2 furlongs|
|Stonebridge Lock No 16||5¼ furlongs|
|Tottenham Marshes Pipe Bridge||1 mile, ¾ furlongs|
|Banbury Reservoir Pipe Bridge||1 mile, 2¼ furlongs|
|Chalk Bridge No 27||1 mile, 2½ furlongs|
- Tottenham Hale London Underground Station (Train Station, Tourist Information)
284 yards to the west.
- Seven Sisters London Underground Station (Train Station, Tourist Information)
1541 yards to the southwest.
- Cornelius Restaurant (Fine Dining Restaurant, Family Style Restaurant)
26 yards to the east.
- Easygym Tottenham (Gym, Fitness Center)
1278 yards to the northwest.
- The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London (School, Educational Organization)
1155 yards to the west.
- The Gym (Gym)
205 yards to the west.
- Markfield Park (Park)
880 yards to the southwest.
- Bodyworks Gym (Gym)
696 yards to the southwest.
- Emily Bowes Court (Hostel, Residence & Other)
215 yards to the west.
- Asda Living Tottenham (Big Box Retailer)
410 yards to the west.
- Asda Tottenham High Road (Big Box Retailer)
1189 yards to the northwest.
- Costa Cofee Tottenham Hale (Coffee Shop)
542 yards to the west.
- Tottenham Hale Retail Park (Shopping District, Train Station)
427 yards to the west.
- London Eye, Westminister (Tourist Attraction)
1225 yards to the northwest.
- Argos Tottenham Hale (Big Box Retailer)
369 yards to the west.
- London Palace (Region)
1196 yards to the northwest.
- Costa Coffee Seven Sisters (Cafe, Coffee Shop)
1309 yards to the southwest.
Wikipedia has a page about Tottenham Lock
Tottenham Lock (No17) is a paired lock on the River Lee Navigation in the London Borough of Haringey, England and is located near Tottenham, London. Like other locks as far as Ponders End it is large enough to take barges of up to 130 tons. The primary lock has been upgraded to mechanical operation, but the secondary west lock is operated manually.
Tottenham Lock was originally nearer to Stonebridge, but was relocated to its current location when the cut was created, creating a junction just south of the lock.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or