Imperial War Museum North
|Centenary Bridge||1 mile, 2½ furlongs|
|Sewage Works||7 furlongs|
|Weaste Wharf||6½ furlongs|
|Mode Wheel Locks||3 furlongs|
|Dock No 9 Entrance||¼ furlongs|
|Imperial War Museum North|
|The Lowry||¼ furlongs|
|Salford Quays Footbridge||1 furlong|
|Dock No 8 Entrance||1¾ furlongs|
|Turning Basin||2½ furlongs|
|Trafford Road Swing Bridge||5½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Imperial War Museum North
Imperial War Museum North (sometimes referred to as IWM North) is a museum in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford in Greater Manchester, England. One of five branches of the Imperial War Museum, it explores the impact of modern conflicts on people and society. It is the first branch of the Imperial War Museum to be located in the north of England. The museum occupies a site overlooking the Manchester Ship Canal in Trafford Park, an area which during the Second World War was a key industrial centre and consequently heavily bombed during the Manchester Blitz in 1940. The area is now home to the Lowry cultural centre and the MediaCityUK development, which stand opposite the museum at Salford Quays.
The museum building was designed by architect Daniel Libeskind and opened in July 2002, receiving 470,000 visitors in its first year of opening. It was recognised with awards or prize nominations for its architecture and is a prime example of Deconstructivist architecture. The museum features a permanent exhibition of chronological and thematic displays, supported by hourly audiovisual presentations which are projected throughout the gallery space. The museum also hosts a programme of temporary exhibitions in a separate gallery. Since opening, the museum has operated a successful volunteer programme, which since January 2007 has been run in partnership with Manchester Museum. As part of a national museum, Imperial War Museum North is financed by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport and by self-generated income. Admission is free.
- Media City UK (Broadcasting & Media Production, Tours & Sightseeing, Public Places & Attractions)
218 to the north.
- Imperial War Museum North (Landmark, History Museum)
95 to the southwest.
- The Lowry (Arts & Entertainment)
204 to the east.
- On The 7th Private Members Club (Wine Bar)
265 to the northwest.
- The Quay Theatre, Lowry Salford (Theater)
98 to the north.
- Salford Quays (Public Places & Attractions, Marina, Tourist Attraction)
404 to the east.
- Imperial war museum..Manchester (History Museum)
112 to the southwest.
- ITV Coronation Street Studios (Entertainment Service)
205 to the west.
- MediaCityUK (Broadcasting & Media Production)
207 to the north.
- Lowry Theatre Manchester (Movie Theater, Hotel, Tours & Sightseeing)
168 to the northeast.
- City Of Salford 10K (Sports & Recreation, Government Organization, School)
209 to the east.
- Imperial War Museum Salford Quays (History Museum)
204 to the east.
- Lowry Theater (Theater)
96 to the northeast.
- Media City BBC Studio's (Movie & Television Studio)
218 to the north.
- The Quays Theatre (Theater)
189 to the east.
- Old Trafford Manchester United Football Club (Sports Venue & Stadium, History Museum, Sports Club)
938 to the southeast.
- Media City - Itv Studios (Movie & Television Studio, Broadcasting & Media Production, Arts & Entertainment)
237 to the north.
- Vue Cinema Lowry Outlet Mall (Movie Theater)
255 to the east.
- TheStudios @ MediaCityUK (Broadcasting & Media Production)
229 to the north.
- U-Swim Dock 9 (Outdoor Recreation)
257 to the northeast.
- Old Trafford (Sports Venue & Stadium)
948 to the southeast.
- The Lyric Theatre (Theater)
203 to the east.
- Vue Cinema (Movie Theater)
331 to the east.
- Pokusevski Deli Media City (Deli)
247 to the northwest.
- Lowry Theatre, Salford Quays (Performance Venue)
411 to the north.
- Virgin Active Salford Quays (Gym)
250 to the east.
- Salford Quays Waterfront (Neighborhood, Workplace & Office)
665 to the east.
- The Real China (Cantonese Restaurant)
211 to the east.
- Lowry Outlet (Shopping Mall)
226 to the east.
- Café Rouge Salford Quays (French Restaurant, Cafe)
218 to the east.