Imperial War Museum North
|Centenary Bridge||1 mile, 2½ furlongs|
|Sewage Works||7 furlongs|
|Weaste Wharf||6½ furlongs|
|Mode Wheel Locks||3 furlongs|
|Dock No 9 Entrance||¼ furlongs|
|Imperial War Museum North|
|The Lowry||¼ furlongs|
|Salford Quays Footbridge||1 furlong|
|Dock No 8 Entrance||1¾ furlongs|
|Turning Basin||2½ furlongs|
|Trafford Road Swing Bridges||5½ furlongs|
- The Lowry (Arts & Entertainment)
908 yards to the east.
- Gather (Web Design, Graphic Design, Web Development)
418 yards to the north.
- Imperial War Museum North (History Museum, Landmark)
103 yards to the southwest.
- Nando's Salford Quays (Chicken Restaurant)
240 yards to the northeast.
- Scarpa Footwear (Shoe Store, Accessories Store)
340 yards to the east.
- Manchester United Tickets Face Value (Sports & Recreation)
1091 yards to the southeast.
- Harvester Lowry Outlet Mall (Bar & Grill, British Restaurant, Salad Bar)
254 yards to the east.
- Hanny Creative Jewellery & Crafts (Jewelry Store)
580 yards to the east.
- Media City UK (Public Places & Attractions)
262 yards to the northeast.
- Sankeys Warehouse MCR (Night Club)
971 yards to the southeast.
- Old Trafford (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1032 yards to the southeast.
- Lowry Theatre Manchester (Theater)
150 yards to the northeast.
- Wagamama (Ramen Restaurant)
253 yards to the north.
- Costa Coffee @ the lowry (Coffee Shop)
344 yards to the east.
- The Lyric Theatre (Theater)
217 yards to the east.
- Vue Lowry (Movie Theater)
376 yards to the east.
- Lowery Theatre (Theater)
338 yards to the northeast.
- Vue Cinema (Movie Theater)
362 yards to the east.
- Ice Skating Media City (Ice Skating)
208 yards to the north.
- BBC Mediacity (Business Services, Workplace & Office, Arts & Entertainment)
253 yards to the north.
- Old Trafford Stadium Manchester United Football Club. (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1036 yards to the southeast.
- J Crystal Beauty & Smile (Cosmetics & Beauty Supply)
634 yards to the northeast.
- The Voice Uk Media City (Theater)
327 yards to the north.
- Bella Italia (Italian Restaurant)
247 yards to the east.
- Salford Quays Millennium Footbridge (Bridge)
208 yards to the southeast.
- Costa Coffee @ MediaCityUK (Coffee Shop)
266 yards to the northwest.
- Harvester In The Lowry (Bar & Grill)
248 yards to the east.
- The Lowry Designer Outlet (Shopping Mall)
357 yards to the east.
- Piazza de Stan Ogden (Outdoors)
197 yards to the north.
- Chief (Broadcasting & Media Production)
700 yards to the northeast.
- Vue Cinema - Lowry Designer Outlet (Movie Theater)
261 yards to the east.
- K3 Syspro (Professional Services)
902 yards to the north.
- Sir Matt Busby Way (Arts & Entertainment)
1335 yards to the southeast.
- Media City Footbridge (Bridge)
171 yards to the northwest.
Wikipedia has a page about Imperial War Museum North
Imperial War Museum North (sometimes referred to as IWM North) is a museum in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford in Greater Manchester, England. One of five branches of the Imperial War Museum, it explores the impact of modern conflicts on people and society. It is the first branch of the Imperial War Museum to be located in the north of England. The museum occupies a site overlooking the Manchester Ship Canal in Trafford Park, an area which during the Second World War was a key industrial centre and consequently heavily bombed during the Manchester Blitz in 1940. The area is now home to the Lowry cultural centre and the MediaCityUK development, which stand opposite the museum at Salford Quays.
The museum building was designed by architect Daniel Libeskind and opened in July 2002, receiving 470,000 visitors in its first year of opening. It was recognised with awards or prize nominations for its architecture. The museum features a permanent exhibition of chronological and thematic displays, supported by hourly audiovisual presentations which are projected throughout the gallery space. The museum also hosts a programme of temporary exhibitions in a separate gallery. Since opening, the museum has operated a successful volunteer programme, which since January 2007 has been run in partnership with Manchester Museum. As part of a national museum, Imperial War Museum North is financed by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport and by self-generated income. Admission is free.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or