Imperial War Museum North
|Centenary Bridge||1 mile, 2½ furlongs|
|Sewage Works||7 furlongs|
|Weaste Wharf||6½ furlongs|
|Mode Wheel Locks||3 furlongs|
|Dock No 9 Entrance||¼ furlongs|
|Imperial War Museum North|
|The Lowry||¼ furlongs|
|Salford Quays Footbridge||1 furlong|
|Dock No 8 Entrance||1¾ furlongs|
|Turning Basin||2½ furlongs|
|Trafford Road Swing Bridges||5½ furlongs|
- Imperial War Museum North (History Museum, Landmark)
121 yards to the southwest.
- BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra (Landmark)
214 yards to the northeast.
- BBC Radio Manchester (Landmark, Broadcasting & Media Production)
503 yards to the northeast.
- Nando's Salford Quays (Portuguese Restaurant, Chicken Restaurant)
223 yards to the northeast.
- The Dockyard (Pub)
249 yards to the north.
- Media City UK (Workplace & Office, Broadcasting & Media Production)
241 yards to the north.
- Holiday Inn Manchester - MediaCityUK (Airport)
324 yards to the north.
- Old Trafford - Manchester United (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1063 yards to the southeast.
- BBC Mediacity (Business Services, Workplace & Office, Arts & Marketing)
220 yards to the north.
- ITV Coronation Street Studios (Arts & Entertainment)
214 yards to the west.
- Salford Quays (Public Places & Attractions, Broadcasting & Media Production, Shopping & Retail)
740 yards to the east.
- The Quay Theatre, Lowry Salford (Theatre)
102 yards to the northeast.
- Freightliner Container Terminal (School, Cargo & Freight)
1008 yards to the south.
- Bupa (Insurance Agent, Hospital, Medical Center)
939 yards to the northeast.
- Booths, Mediacity (Grocery Store, Coffee Shop)
420 yards to the north.
- RSPCA Animal Hospital. Salford. (Hospital, Veterinarian)
1299 yards to the north.
- Costa Coffee @ MediaCityUK (Cafe, Coffee Shop)
267 yards to the northwest.
- Premier Inn Manchester (Old Trafford) (Hotel, Inn)
878 yards to the southeast.
- Costa Coffee @ the lowry (Coffee Shop, Sandwich Shop, Cafe)
341 yards to the east.
- The Lyric Theatre (Theatre, Performance Venue)
232 yards to the east.
- Enza Motors Mercedes-Benz (Car Dealership)
867 yards to the west.
- The Lowry (Event Venue, Art Gallery, Theatre)
241 yards to the east.
Wikipedia has a page about Imperial War Museum North
Imperial War Museum North (sometimes referred to as IWM North) is a museum in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford in Greater Manchester, England. One of five branches of the Imperial War Museum, it explores the impact of modern conflicts on people and society. It is the first branch of the Imperial War Museum to be located in the north of England. The museum occupies a site overlooking the Manchester Ship Canal in Trafford Park, an area which during the Second World War was a key industrial centre and consequently heavily bombed during the Manchester Blitz in 1940. The area is now home to the Lowry cultural centre and the MediaCityUK development, which stand opposite the museum at Salford Quays.
The museum building was designed by architect Daniel Libeskind and opened in July 2002, receiving 470,000 visitors in its first year of opening. It was recognised with awards or prize nominations for its architecture, but has also been criticised for poor energy efficiency. The museum features a permanent exhibition of chronological and thematic displays, supported by hourly audiovisual presentations which are projected throughout the gallery space. The museum also hosts a programme of temporary exhibitions in a separate gallery. Since opening, the museum has operated a successful volunteer programme, which since January 2007 has been run in partnership with Manchester Museum. As part of a national museum, Imperial War Museum North is financed by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport and by self-generated income. Admission is free.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or