Imperial War Museum North
|Centenary Bridge||1 mile, 2½ furlongs|
|Sewage Works||7 furlongs|
|Weaste Wharf||6½ furlongs|
|Mode Wheel Locks||3 furlongs|
|Dock No 9 Entrance||¼ furlongs|
|Imperial War Museum North|
|The Lowry||¼ furlongs|
|Salford Quays Footbridge||1 furlong|
|Dock No 8 Entrance||1¾ furlongs|
|Turning Basin||2½ furlongs|
|Trafford Road Swing Bridges||5½ furlongs|
- Imperial War Museum North (History Museum, Landmark)
131 yards to the southwest.
- Damson MediaCity (Food & Restaurant)
261 yards to the north.
- dock10 (Broadcasting & Media Production)
281 yards to the north.
- Media City UK (Workplace & Office, Broadcasting & Media Production)
242 yards to the north.
- Old Trafford - Manchester United (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1048 yards to the southeast.
- Daytona Manchester (Go Karting, Sports Venue & Stadium, Sports & Recreation)
563 yards to the southwest.
- The Lowry Theatre, Salford Quays (Theatre)
244 yards to the northeast.
- BBC Media city (Business Services, Broadcasting & Media Production, Workplace & Office)
242 yards to the north.
- The Lyric Theatre (Theatre, Performance Venue)
211 yards to the east.
- Salford Quays (Public Places & Attractions, Broadcasting & Media Production, Shopping & Retail)
249 yards to the east.
- The Quays Theatre (Theatre)
100 yards to the northeast.
- TheStudios @ MediaCityUK (Broadcasting & Media Production)
248 yards to the north.
- Media City - Itv Studios (Advertising Service, Broadcasting & Media Production, Movie & Television Studio)
256 yards to the northwest.
- The Lowry Designer Outlet (Shopping Mall, Outlet Store, Arts & Entertainment)
429 yards to the east.
- Vue Cinema (Movie Theatre)
400 yards to the east.
- PizzaExpress (Restaurant)
225 yards to the east.
- Bella Italia (Italian Restaurant, Shopping Mall)
230 yards to the east.
- Cafe Rouge (Restaurant, Bar)
234 yards to the east.
- Prezzo, Media City, Salford Quays (Restaurant)
258 yards to the north.
- Harvester In The Lowry (Arts & Entertainment, Bar & Grill, Salad Bar)
241 yards to the east.
- Old Trafford, Manchester United (Sports Club, Sports Venue & Stadium)
252 yards to the east.
- Costa Coffee @ MediaCityUK (Cafe, Coffee Shop)
267 yards to the northwest.
- Costa Coffee @ the lowry (Coffee Shop, Sandwich Shop, Cafe)
337 yards to the east.
- Holiday Inn Media City (Hotel, Inn)
357 yards to the north.
- Lime Bar (Food & Restaurant, Bar)
233 yards to the east.
- The Lowry: Art and Entertainment Centre (Event Venue, Art Gallery, Theatre)
235 yards to the east.
- Salford Quays - Lowry Centre! (Shopping Mall, Fast Food Restaurant, Coffee Shop)
1054 yards to the east.
- The Heart Apartments - Salford Quays, Manchester (Apartment & Condo Building)
270 yards to the northwest.
- MUFC Old Trafford (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1042 yards to the southeast.
- Wagamama Media City Uk (Restaurant)
250 yards to the north.
- The Lowry (Event Venue, Art Gallery, Theatre)
235 yards to the east.
Wikipedia has a page about Imperial War Museum North
Imperial War Museum North (sometimes referred to as IWM North) is a museum in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford in Greater Manchester, England. One of five branches of the Imperial War Museum, it explores the impact of modern conflicts on people and society. It is the first branch of the Imperial War Museum to be located in the north of England. The museum occupies a site overlooking the Manchester Ship Canal in Trafford Park, an area which during the Second World War was a key industrial centre and consequently heavily bombed during the Manchester Blitz in 1940. The area is now home to the Lowry cultural centre and the MediaCityUK development, which stand opposite the museum at Salford Quays.
The museum building was designed by architect Daniel Libeskind and opened in July 2002, receiving 470,000 visitors in its first year of opening. It was recognised with awards or prize nominations for its architecture, but has also been criticised for poor energy efficiency. The museum features a permanent exhibition of chronological and thematic displays, supported by hourly audiovisual presentations which are projected throughout the gallery space. The museum also hosts a programme of temporary exhibitions in a separate gallery. Since opening, the museum has operated a successful volunteer programme, which since January 2007 has been run in partnership with Manchester Museum. As part of a national museum, Imperial War Museum North is financed by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport and by self-generated income. Admission is free.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above