Imperial War Museum North
|Centenary Bridge||1 mile, 2½ furlongs|
|Sewage Works||7 furlongs|
|Weaste Wharf||6½ furlongs|
|Mode Wheel Locks||3 furlongs|
|Dock No 9 Entrance||¼ furlongs|
|Imperial War Museum North|
|The Lowry||¼ furlongs|
|Salford Quays Footbridge||1 furlong|
|Dock No 8 Entrance||1¾ furlongs|
|Turning Basin||2½ furlongs|
|Trafford Road Swing Bridges||5½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- Air Conditioning Accessories NW Ltd (Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning)
858 to the west.
- PPE World (Clothing Supply & Distribution, Occupational Safety, Equipment Service & Supply)
907 to the north.
- Messy Artwork (Artistic Services)
412 to the east.
- Imperial War Museum North (History Museum, Landmark)
94 to the southwest.
- NOVP (Web Development, Broadcasting & Media Production)
252 to the north.
- The Lowry (Arts & Entertainment)
830 to the east.
- Franktransporter.com Ltd (Eco Tours)
234 to the east.
- Scholes Tran (Sports & Recreation)
998 to the southeast.
- Transport Media (Arts & Marketing)
224 to the north.
- CNi Solutions (Computer Services)
254 to the east.
- Media City UK (Public Places & Attractions)
263 to the northeast.
- Higher Education at Salford City College (College & University)
756 to the north.
- Steven Cunniffe Photography (Photographer, DJ, Event Planner)
412 to the east.
- Art You Grew Up With (Artistic Services)
721 to the west.
- Media City (College & University, Movie & Television Studio, Broadcasting & Media Production)
441 to the northeast.
- U-Swim Dock 9 (Outdoor Recreation)
257 to the northeast.
- The Lowry Theatre and Gallery, Salford Quays (Art Gallery, Event Venue)
372 to the east.
- Ice Skating Mediacity (Ice Skating)
200 to the north.
- Media City Ice Rink (Ice Skating)
194 to the north.
- Frozen Experience, the Lowry (Event)
380 to the east.
- Old Trafford (Sports Venue & Stadium)
944 to the southeast.
- BBC MediaCity UK (Broadcasting & Media Production)
233 to the north.
- The Voice Uk Media City (Theater)
276 to the north.
- The Quay Theatre, The Lowry (Theater)
1436 to the north.
- Media City BBC Studio's (Broadcasting & Media Production, Movie & Television Studio)
883 to the east.
- The Real China (Cantonese Restaurant)
220 to the east.
- The Lowry Theatre Bar (Wine Bar)
170 to the east.
- Cruise 1st (Travel Agency)
852 to the northwest.
- BBC Mediacity (Business Services)
231 to the north.
- The Lowry - Warhorse (Theater)
210 to the east.
- Prezzo Italian, Media City (Italian Restaurant)
233 to the north.
- Karl Milton (Men's Clothing Store, Formal Wear, Shoe Store)
327 to the east.
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water pointTravel to Pomona Dock No 4, then on the Bridgewater Canal (Pomona Lock Branch) to Pomona Lock Branch Junction, then on the Bridgewater Canal (Main Line) to Potato Wharf Arm
Nearest Rubbish disposal
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalTravel to Pomona Dock No 4, then on the Bridgewater Canal (Pomona Lock Branch) to Pomona Lock Branch Junction, then on the Bridgewater Canal (Main Line) to Potato Wharf Arm
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Imperial War Museum North
Imperial War Museum North (sometimes referred to as IWM North) is a museum in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford in Greater Manchester, England. One of five branches of the Imperial War Museum, it explores the impact of modern conflicts on people and society. It is the first branch of the Imperial War Museum to be located in the north of England. The museum occupies a site overlooking the Manchester Ship Canal in Trafford Park, an area which during the Second World War was a key industrial centre and consequently heavily bombed during the Manchester Blitz in 1940. The area is now home to the Lowry cultural centre and the MediaCityUK development, which stand opposite the museum at Salford Quays.
The museum building was designed by architect Daniel Libeskind and opened in July 2002, receiving 470,000 visitors in its first year of opening. It was recognised with awards or prize nominations for its architecture. The museum features a permanent exhibition of chronological and thematic displays, supported by hourly audiovisual presentations which are projected throughout the gallery space. The museum also hosts a programme of temporary exhibitions in a separate gallery. Since opening, the museum has operated a successful volunteer programme, which since January 2007 has been run in partnership with Manchester Museum. As part of a national museum, Imperial War Museum North is financed by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport and by self-generated income. Admission is free.