Barton Swing Aqueduct
There may not be access to the towpath here.
If you know about towpath access here please log on and use "Edit Place" from the "Edit and Change" menu item to improve the data.
|Parkway Bridge No 45||1 mile, 1 furlong|
|Trafford Park Winding Hole||1 mile|
|Intu Trafford Centre Visitor Moorings||5½ furlongs|
|Ashburton Road Pipebridge||2¼ furlongs|
|Ashburton Road Bridge||2 furlongs|
|Barton Swing Aqueduct|
|Barton Lane Underbridge No 46A||¾ furlongs|
|Barton Yard||1 furlong|
|Patricroft Basin and Warehouse||2¼ furlongs|
|Patricroft Bridge Winding Hole||3½ furlongs|
|Patricroft Bridge No 47||3¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-outTravel to Stretford - Waters Meeting, then on the Bridgewater Canal (Main Line) to Stretford Marina
Wikipedia has a page about Barton Swing Aqueduct
The Barton Swing Aqueduct is a moveable navigable aqueduct in Barton upon Irwell, Greater Manchester, England. It carries the Bridgewater Canal across the Manchester Ship Canal. The swinging action allows large vessels using the ship canal to pass underneath and smaller narrowboats to cross over the top. The aqueduct, the first and only swing aqueduct in the world, is a Grade II* listed building, and considered a major feat of Victorian civil engineering. Designed by Sir Edward Leader Williams and built by Andrew Handyside and Company of Derby, the swing bridge opened in 1894 and remains in regular use.
- Chill Factore (Sports Club, Sports Instruction, Tourist Attraction)
924 to the southwest.
- Tru Communications Ltd (Business Supply Service)
196 to the northwest.
- intu TraffordCentre (Shopping Mall, Restaurant, Shopping District)
1050 to the south.
- Trafford Centre (Shopping Mall, Place to EatDrink)
958 to the south.
- Barton Swing Aqueduct (Historical Place)
13 to the east.
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Trafford Park (Dessert Place)
1008 to the southeast.
- The Kings Head (Fast Food Restaurant)
165 to the north.
- Selfridges, Trafford Centre (Grocery Store)
954 to the south.
- Eccles Special Needs Stay and Play (Arts & Entertainment)
642 to the north.
- Costco (Big Box Retailer)
875 to the southeast.
- Rockhouse Hotel (Hotel)
271 to the west.
- La Tasca (Restaurant)
993 to the south.
- David Lloyd Clubs (Gym, Yoga & Pilates, Tennis)
737 to the southwest.
- Patisserie Valerie, Trafford Centre (Dessert Place)
1108 to the southeast.
- B&Q trafford (Home Improvement)
310 to the southeast.
- Wagamama (Ramen Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
996 to the south.
- Weatherspoons (Bar, Restaurant)
985 to the south.
- The Swinging Bridge (Bar & Grill)
566 to the south.
- Laser Quest & the Rock (Landmark, Arcade, Amusement Park Ride)
997 to the south.
- Play Factore, Manchester (Event Venue)
1031 to the southwest.
- Bill's Trafford Centre (Cafe)
986 to the south.
- The Dutton Arms Eccles. (Place to EatDrink, Pub)
360 to the northwest.
- Starbucks -Trafford Centre (Coffee Shop)
956 to the south.
- Coast to Coast Manchester (Fast Food Restaurant)
1049 to the south.
- Pizza Hut Trafford Retail Park (Pizza Place)
601 to the south.
- Selfridges (ShoppingRetail)
1413 to the south.
- The Shake Lab (Fast Food Restaurant)
922 to the south.
- Barton Square (Shopping Mall)
1121 to the southeast.
- Premier Inn Manchester Trafford Centre North (Bed and Breakfast, Restaurant, Hotel)
529 to the south.
- Premier Inn Manchester Trafford Centre West (Bed and Breakfast, Hotel, Restaurant)
820 to the south.
- Frankie And Bennys Trafford Center (Italian Restaurant)
1406 to the south.
- Oxygen Freejumping (Active Life, Sports & Recreation)
1117 to the southwest.
- Wagammma (Ramen Restaurant)
1005 to the south.
- TGI Fridays - Trafford Centre (Restaurant)
1069 to the south.
- Sealife Centre, Manchester (Zoo & Aquarium)
1112 to the southeast.
- TGI Fridays (New American Restaurant)
1121 to the south.
- Brewer's Fayre - Trafford Centre (Restaurant)
1125 to the south.
- Airkix Indoor Skydiving (Tutoring)
999 to the southwest.
- wagamama (Restaurant)
1178 to the south.
- Café Rouge - Manchester Trafford Centre (French Restaurant)
1108 to the south.
- DW Sports Fitness (Gym)
1058 to the southwest.
- Nando's Chill Factore (Chicken Restaurant)
870 to the southwest.