Barton Swing Aqueduct
|Parkway Bridge No 45||1 mile, 1 furlong|
|Trafford Park Winding Hole||1 mile|
|Intu Trafford Centre Visitor Moorings||5½ furlongs|
|Ashburton Road Pipebridge||2¼ furlongs|
|Ashburton Road Bridge||2 furlongs|
|Barton Swing Aqueduct|
|Barton Lane Underbridge No 46A||¾ furlongs|
|Barton Yard||1 furlong|
|Patricroft Basin and Warehouse||2¼ furlongs|
|Patricroft Bridge Winding Hole||3½ furlongs|
|Patricroft Bridge No 47||3¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- Chill Factore (Tourist Attraction, Public Places & Attractions, Sports Club)
918 to the southwest.
- Sparkles hair, nails and beauty (Hair Salon)
602 to the north.
- Wagamama, Trafford Centre (Ramen Restaurant)
1030 to the south.
- Bill's Trafford Centre (Restaurant)
996 to the south.
- Selfridges Trafford (Shopping & Retail)
1135 to the south.
- Coast to Coast, Trafford Centre (American Restaurant)
1071 to the south.
- Odeon Imax, Trafford Centre Manchester (Movie Theater)
1330 to the south.
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Trafford Park (Coffee Shop)
1011 to the southeast.
- TGI Fridays (New American Restaurant)
1121 to the south.
- Barton Hall Estate (Commercial & Industrial)
1092 to the northwest.
- Premier Inn Manchester Trafford Centre North (Hotel, Bed and Breakfast, Restaurant)
529 to the south.
- Thomas Cook Manchester (Travel Agency)
137 to the north.
- The Swinging Bridge (Bar)
565 to the south.
- Wagammma (Restaurant)
1003 to the south.
- F&g Commercials Trafford Park (Commercial & Industrial, Automotive)
522 to the southeast.
- Coast to Coast Manchester (American Restaurant)
1043 to the south.
- Victoria's Secret Trafford Centre (Women's Clothing Store)
1048 to the south.
- La Tasca Trafford Centre (Tapas Bar & Restaurant, Bar, Shopping Mall)
1096 to the south.
- Pleasure Island Golf - Trafford Centre (Golf Course)
1227 to the south.
- Five Guys (Burger Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
1129 to the south.
- Selfridges, Trafford Centre, Manchester (Shopping & Retail)
908 to the south.
- Frankie & Bennies Trafford Centre (Italian Restaurant)
1114 to the south.
- Wokooshii Japanese Restaurant @Trafford Centre (Restaurant)
1093 to the south.
- Castle in the Air (Pub)
873 to the southwest.
- Mardi Gras, Wetherspoons, Trafford Centre (Bar)
977 to the south.
- Table Table Trafford Park (Place to Eat/Drink)
566 to the south.
- Manchester Giants (Sports & Recreation)
1018 to the southwest.
- Hamleys Trafford Centre (Toy Store)
1209 to the south.
- Packet House (Pub)
815 to the northwest.
- Barton Brook Care Home (Residence, Medical & Health)
356 to the north.
- Est Est Restaurant Trafford Centre (Italian Restaurant)
1028 to the south.
- Dogs and Divas Trafford Park (Dog Walker, Pet Groomer, Pet Sitter)
573 to the southeast.
- Trafford Golf Centre (Golf Course)
1020 to the south.
- Nando's Manchester - Trafford Retail (Chicken Restaurant, Portuguese Restaurant)
1478 to the south.
- The Fado (Food Truck, Portuguese Restaurant)
695 to the southeast.
- Nando's Chill Factore (Chicken Restaurant, Portuguese Restaurant)
870 to the southwest.
- The Kings Head (Pub)
184 to the north.
- Castle in the Air - JD Wetherspoon (Pub)
868 to the southwest.
- Tru Communications Ltd (Business Supply Service)
196 to the northwest.
- Santa's Secret Grotto (Event Planning)
1118 to the southeast.
- Winter Wonderland Manchester (Amusement Park Ride, Tourist Attraction)
1435 to the southeast.
- Airkix Manchester (Sky Diving)
995 to the southwest.
- Trafford Centre (Shopping Mall)
742 to the south.
- Barton Swing Aqueduct (Historical Place)
13 to the east.
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water point
Nearest Rubbish disposal
Nearest Chemical toilet disposal
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Barton Swing Aqueduct
The Barton Swing Aqueduct is a moveable navigable aqueduct in Barton upon Irwell, Greater Manchester, England. It carries the Bridgewater Canal across the Manchester Ship Canal. The swinging action allows large vessels using the ship canal to pass underneath and smaller narrowboats to cross over the top. The aqueduct, the first and only swing aqueduct in the world, is a Grade II* listed building, considered a major feat of Victorian civil engineering. Designed by Sir Edward Leader Williams and built by Andrew Handyside and Company of Derby, the swing bridge opened in 1894 and remains in regular use.