Barton Swing Aqueduct
|Mosley Road Bridge No 44||1 mile, 7 furlongs|
|Parkway Bridge No 45||1 mile, 1 furlong|
|Trafford Park Winding Hole||1 mile|
|Ashburton Road Pipebridge||2¼ furlongs|
|Ashburton Road Bridge||2 furlongs|
|Barton Swing Aqueduct|
|Barton Lane Underbridge No 46A||¾ furlongs|
|Barton Yard||1 furlong|
|Patricroft Basin and Warehouse||2¼ furlongs|
|Patricroft Bridge Winding Hole||3½ furlongs|
|Patricroft Bridge No 47||3¾ furlongs|
- EventCity (Official Page) (Event Venue)
912 yards to the south.
- Airkix Manchester (Sky Diving)
1097 yards to the southwest.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester (Public Places & Attractions, Shopping & Retail, Tourist Attraction)
1229 yards to the southeast.
- intu TraffordCentre (Shopping Mall, Shopping District, Restaurant)
1246 yards to the south.
- Las Iguanas Trafford Centre (Latin American Restaurant)
1242 yards to the south.
- Pesto (Restaurant)
1235 yards to the south.
- Play Factore (Amusement)
1132 yards to the southwest.
- The Kings Head (Pub)
183 yards to the north.
- Rockhouse Hotel (Hotel)
285 yards to the west.
- Dutton Arms (Nightlife)
397 yards to the northwest.
- Trafford Centre Shopping Mall (Shopping Mall)
1178 yards to the south.
- Event City (Music Store, Performance Venue, Concert Venue)
1370 yards to the southeast.
- Swinging Bridge (Bar & Grill, Family Style Restaurant, Hotel)
620 yards to the south.
- TGI Fridays (American Restaurant)
1234 yards to the south.
- Starbucks UK (Coffee Shop)
1159 yards to the southeast.
- Selfridges (Shopping Mall, Department Store)
1110 yards to the south.
- Nandos Trafford Centre, Manchester (Chicken Restaurant)
1190 yards to the south.
- Wangies (Pub)
904 yards to the northwest.
- Premier Inn Manchester Trafford Centre North (Shopping Mall, Restaurant, Movie Theatre)
616 yards to the south.
- Weatherspoons Chill Factor (Bar & Grill, Pub)
972 yards to the southwest.
- David Lloyd Leisure Club (Gym)
837 yards to the southwest.
- American Bar & Grill, Trafford Centre (Food & Restaurant, Bar)
1097 yards to the south.
- Patricroft Conservative Club (Social Club)
638 yards to the northwest.
- Barton Road Swing Bridge (Bridge)
86 yards to the west.
Wikipedia has a page about Barton Swing Aqueduct
The Barton Swing Aqueduct is a moveable navigable aqueduct in Barton upon Irwell in Greater Manchester, England. It carries the Bridgewater Canal across the Manchester Ship Canal. The swinging action allows large vessels using the ship canal to pass underneath and smaller narrowboats to cross over the top. The aqueduct, the first and only swing aqueduct in the world, is a Grade II* listed building, considered a major feat of Victorian civil engineering. Designed by Sir Edward Leader Williams and built by Andrew Handyside and Company of Derby, the swing bridge opened in 1894 and remains in regular use.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or