Barton Swing Aqueduct
|Mosley Road Bridge No 44||1 mile, 7 furlongs|
|Parkway Bridge No 45||1 mile, 1 furlong|
|Trafford Park Winding Hole||1 mile|
|Ashburton Road Pipebridge||2¼ furlongs|
|Ashburton Road Bridge||2 furlongs|
|Barton Swing Aqueduct|
|Barton Lane Underbridge No 46A||¾ furlongs|
|Barton Yard||1 furlong|
|Patricroft Basin and Warehouse||2¼ furlongs|
|Patricroft Bridge Winding Hole||3½ furlongs|
|Patricroft Bridge No 47||3¾ furlongs|
- CrossFit 3D (Physical Fitness, Gym)
1293 yards to the east.
- Las Iguanas Trafford Centre (Latin American Restaurant)
1242 yards to the south.
- Asda Trafford Park (Big Box Retailer)
899 yards to the southeast.
- Fit City,Eccles (Sports & Recreation)
1307 yards to the northeast.
- Kiev, Ukraine (City)
1382 yards to the northwest.
- McDonald's Restaurant (Fast Food Restaurant)
1552 yards to the south.
- Global Logistics trailer park, beacon road, m17 (Cargo & Freight)
559 yards to the southeast.
- American Golf (Golf Course, Miniature Golf)
1122 yards to the south.
- David Lloyd Leisure Club (Gym)
837 yards to the southwest.
- Apple Store, Trafford Centre (Electronics Store, Computer Store, Shopping Mall)
1196 yards to the south.
- Eccles A57 (Outdoors)
1096 yards to the west.
- Namco Ten Pin Bowling in The Trafford Centre (Bowling Alley, Arcade, Bar & Grill)
1271 yards to the south.
- Trafford Retail Park (Shopping & Retail)
1554 yards to the south.
- Barton Road Swing Bridge (Bridge)
86 yards to the west.
- Trafford Centre (Shopping Mall)
811 yards to the south.
Wikipedia has a page about Barton Swing Aqueduct
The Barton Swing Aqueduct is a moveable navigable aqueduct in Barton upon Irwell in Greater Manchester, England. It carries the Bridgewater Canal across the Manchester Ship Canal. The swinging action allows large vessels using the ship canal to pass underneath and smaller narrowboats to cross over the top. The aqueduct, the first and only swing aqueduct in the world, is a Grade II* listed building, considered a major feat of Victorian civil engineering. Designed by Sir Edward Leader Williams and built by Andrew Handyside and Company of Derby, the swing bridge opened in 1894 and remains in regular use.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or