Barton Swing Aqueduct
There may not be access to the towpath here.
If you know about towpath access here please log on and use "Edit Place" from the "Edit and Change" menu item to improve the data.
|Parkway Bridge No 45||1 mile, 1 furlong|
|Trafford Park Winding Hole||1 mile|
|Intu Trafford Centre Visitor Moorings||5½ furlongs|
|Ashburton Road Pipebridge||2¼ furlongs|
|Ashburton Road Bridge||2 furlongs|
|Barton Swing Aqueduct|
|Barton Lane Underbridge No 46A||¾ furlongs|
|Barton Yard||1 furlong|
|Patricroft Basin and Warehouse||2¼ furlongs|
|Patricroft Bridge Winding Hole||3½ furlongs|
|Patricroft Bridge No 47||3¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-outTravel to Stretford - Waters Meeting, then on the Bridgewater Canal (Main Line) to Stretford Marina
Wikipedia has a page about Barton Swing Aqueduct
The Barton Swing Aqueduct is a moveable navigable aqueduct in Barton upon Irwell, Greater Manchester, England. It carries the Bridgewater Canal across the Manchester Ship Canal. The swinging action allows large vessels using the ship canal to pass underneath and smaller narrowboats to cross over the top. The aqueduct, the first and only swing aqueduct in the world, is a Grade II* listed building, and considered a major feat of Victorian civil engineering. Designed by Sir Edward Leader Williams and built by Andrew Handyside and Company of Derby, the swing bridge opened in 1894 and remains in regular use.
- Chill Factore (Sports Club, Gym, Sports Instruction)
924 to the southwest.
- Tru Communications Ltd (Business Supply Service)
196 to the northwest.
- intu TraffordCentre (Shopping Mall, Department Store)
1050 to the south.
- Trafford Centre (Shopping Mall)
958 to the south.
- Barton Swing Aqueduct (Bridge)
13 to the east.
- The Kings Head (Pub)
165 to the north.
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Trafford Park (Coffee Shop)
1008 to the southeast.
- Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Trafford Centre (Fast Food Restaurant)
1025 to the south.
- Manchester United Old Trafford (Arts & Entertainment)
1107 to the south.
- Brewer's Fayre - Trafford Centre (Fast Food Restaurant)
1125 to the south.
- Selfridges, Trafford Centre (Shopping Mall)
954 to the south.
- Eccles Special Needs Stay and Play (Community Organization)
642 to the north.
- La Tasca (Latin American Restaurant, Spanish Restaurant)
993 to the south.
- Rockhouse Hotel (Hotel)
271 to the west.
- Paradise Island Adventure Golf (Gym)
1026 to the south.
- Sea Life Trafford Centre (Arts & Entertainment)
521 to the south.
- Premier Inn Manchester Trafford Centre West (Bed and Breakfast, Hotel, Restaurant)
820 to the south.
- Costco (Big Box Retailer)
875 to the southeast.
- Play Factore, Manchester (Performance Venue)
1031 to the southwest.
- Patisserie Valerie, Trafford Centre (Coffee Shop)
1108 to the southeast.
- Weatherspoons (Fast Food Restaurant, Bar)
985 to the south.
- Tru Street food (Fast Food Restaurant)
1107 to the south.
- John Lewis Trafford Centre (Shopping Mall, Department Store)
1326 to the south.
- Gracie Barra Manchester (Martial Arts)
894 to the northwest.
- Frankie And Bennys Trafford Center (Italian Restaurant)
1406 to the south.
- Selfridges (ShoppingRetail)
1413 to the south.
- Eventcity (Official Page) (Performance Venue)
1186 to the southeast.
- David Lloyd Clubs (Yoga & Pilates, Gym, Tennis)
737 to the southwest.
- B&Q trafford (Home Improvement)
310 to the southeast.
- Wagamama (Ramen Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
996 to the south.
- Bill's Trafford Centre (Fast Food Restaurant)
986 to the south.
- Pizza Hut Trafford Retail Park (Pizza Place)
601 to the south.
- Coast to Coast Manchester (American Restaurant)
1049 to the south.
- The Swinging Bridge (Bar & Grill)
566 to the south.
- Chill Factor Skiing, Manchester (Ski & Snowboard School)
933 to the southwest.
- DW Sports Fitness (Sports & Recreation)
1058 to the southwest.
- Giraffe (American Restaurant)
1089 to the south.
- Victoria Secrets Shop Trafford Centre (Women's Clothing Store)
1071 to the south.
- Crossfit Consilium (Gym, Physical Fitness)
1214 to the east.
- Trafford Golf Centre (Golf Course)
1015 to the south.
- Digital Kids Show (Arts & Entertainment, Event)
689 to the south.