Richmond Railway Bridge
|Hammerton's Ferry||1 mile, 3¾ furlongs|
|Glover's Island||7¾ furlongs|
|Richmond Bridge||3 furlongs|
|Corporation Island||2 furlongs|
|Flowerpot Islands||1 furlong|
|Richmond Railway Bridge|
|Twickenham Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Richmond Lock and Footbridge||2 furlongs|
|Isleworth Ait||5½ furlongs|
|Isleworth Wharf and London Apprentice Pub||7 furlongs|
|Brentford Dock Marina||2 miles, ¼ furlongs|
- Richmond (London) station (Landmark)
1082 yards to the east.
- Richmond London Underground and London Overground Station (Train Station, Tourist Information)
1087 yards to the northeast.
- Bill's Restaurant - Richmond (British Restaurant)
651 yards to the southeast.
- Rose of York (River, Bar & Grill)
1534 yards to the southeast.
- Old Deer Park (Park, Tourist Attraction)
622 yards to the northeast.
- Richmond Green (Landmark, Park)
531 yards to the east.
- Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance (Education)
636 yards to the west.
- Richmond Lock (River)
386 yards to the northwest.
- The Gaucho Grill (Restaurant)
820 yards to the southeast.
- Nando's (Fast Food Restaurant, Portuguese Restaurant, Region)
675 yards to the east.
- Richmond Thames Riverfront (Shopping & Retail, River)
1164 yards to the southeast.
- White Cross (Pub)
681 yards to the east.
- Terrace Gardens (Outdoors)
1253 yards to the southeast.
- Pools on the Park (Business Services)
877 yards to the northeast.
- Odeon Cinema (Movie Theatre)
667 yards to the east.
- View from Richmond hill (Outdoors, Tourist Attraction)
1434 yards to the southeast.
- Richmond Hill Park (Park)
1255 yards to the southeast.
- Royal Mid Surrey Golf Course (Golf Course)
939 yards to the northeast.
- Pitcher & Piano (Pub)
580 yards to the southeast.
- Richmond Hill, Surrey (State Park)
1044 yards to the southeast.
- Pizza Express Richmond (Pizza Place, Fast Food Restaurant, Take Out Restaurant)
612 yards to the east.
- Jamie Oliver's Trattoria (Italian Restaurant)
494 yards to the east.
- Quinns Hotel Richmond London (Just For Fun)
1179 yards to the east.
- SpringHealth Leisure Club (Sports & Recreation)
845 yards to the northeast.
- Sunshine & Ravioli (Coffee Shop)
768 yards to the southwest.
- Jackson and Rye (Restaurant)
533 yards to the southeast.
- Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Fast Food Restaurant, Burger Restaurant)
685 yards to the southeast.
- Twickenham Bridge (Sports Venue & Stadium)
91 yards to the northwest.
- Marble Hill House (Tourist Attraction)
1137 yards to the south.
- Richmond Theatre (Tourist Attraction, Theater)
771 yards to the east.
Wikipedia has a page about Richmond Railway Bridge
Richmond Railway Bridge in Richmond, south-west London crosses the River Thames immediately upstream of Twickenham Bridge. It carries National Rail services operated by South West Trains on the Waterloo to Reading Line, and lies between Richmond and St. Margarets stations.
After the railway came to Richmond station in 1846, the line was extended to Windsor. Joseph Locke and J E Errington designed the original bridge – and a similar bridge at Barnes – with three 100-foot cast iron girders supported on stone-faced land arches with two stone-faced river piers. Due to concerns over its structural integrity, the bridge was rebuilt in 1908 reusing the existing piers and abutments to a design by the London & South Western Railway's chief engineer, J W Jacomb-Hood. The main bridge girders and decking were replaced in 1984.
The bridge and the approach viaduct, which crosses Richmond's Old Deer Park, was declared a Grade II listed structure in 2008, providing protection to preserve its special character from unsympathetic development.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or